Check out the patch notes for the September 10th update, Campfire Spirit: https://forums.mabinogi.nexon.net/discussion/23685
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

9th anniversary is a bit of a let down

LiyetaLiyeta
Mabinogi Rep: 6,060
in General Chat
Yes there is festia but really they could USE the place and actually decorate it with 9th anniversary stuff.

A small checklist of things that would be really nice to be there:

- anniversary title (1-9 year milletian)
- developer note (im actually waiting for this one)
- Lorna bag
- figures
- cave of trial (looking forward to progress a bit better than last year)

But really really this anniversary event is a huge let down.

No doki doki for valentine and now no real celebration for 9th year anniversary.
Im sad ):

GretaHazurahIyasenuCrimsọnSherriVimiMollie

Comments

• BlissfulkillBlissfulkill
    Mabinogi Rep: 23,940
    I hate Developer's Notes in terms of RNG.

Imaizumi
  • BerrySwirlBerrySwirl
    Mabinogi Rep: 6,885
    Yea compared to last year this year kinda blows
    KrukiaCrimsọn
  • HazurahHazurah
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,360
    they also miss St. Patrick's day event and proceed with selling golden pig instead (which only few will buy)
    Vimi
  • BerrySwirlBerrySwirl
    Mabinogi Rep: 6,885
    @Hazurah

Not to mention broken. 20k for like 1g. And after that it stops working. Lol. Glad I never bought one.
    Crimsọn
  • NilremNilrem
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,880
    I got my Samba outfit.

Well, I guess I have no reason to try getting more gift boxes.

Mabiland really would have been nice.
  • IyasenuIyasenu
    Mabinogi Rep: 23,875
    edited March 23, 2017
    Yeah, it's very understated, to put it well.

At least this is an event I hardly have to mix up my routine to do.
    And there's no daily limit.

Having one of those covered up buildings around Festia become the Cave of Trials would've been cool, though.
  • SaiSai
    Mabinogi Rep: 8,420
    I need more campfires.
    Miuna
  • LeineiLeinei
    Mabinogi Rep: 14,860
    We're due to get the title this weekend (25th-27th) as a Hot-Weekend prize. We're also getting a free panda pet, and if you can make the GM parties, you get free stuff from that too.

You mean that Developer Note Quest that gave you a bunch of director-themed consumables, slippers and an id badge accessory?

We got a new sort of Luxury Bag in the shop for sale, which gives people who wasn't here for the Simon Bag the chance for another equipment bag. Nice little thing that's not absurdly expensive, and no doubt people will see it in in-game shops just like any other bag coupon that's been released.

If we're talking about the distribution of prizes, the previous 8th anniversary utilized a coin system, which meant you were LIMITED to what you could get prize-wise. This new set-up eliminates that limit and in turn just relies on the effort of the player. You can miss a few days of the event and still get a decent amount of nice prizes, though I'll admit the Samba stuff isn't really my sort of thing.

Also, sure we don't have figures, since before the Maple Story ones we had, I think the last ones we had was the Reno, Vay and Tion figures that were released last time before the Updates to Melee, Magic and Archery (which the three characters were representatives of the new changes).
    badnewsbarrettSylviaWolfeNekoLilyImaizumiIrisMabiNimeriaAichann
  • ShouKShouK
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,735
    I also thought that immediately after I read the announcement and even more after I saw the things from that gift box you get by spamming SM. All of those are hideous with the exception of the male wig. I don't want the dura of my expensive gear to suffer because while I have no problem with the repair fee, I don't want to give any chances to Edern to break my gear. Since I'm not OP like all of you vets and need that gear to survive conflict HM..

At least we get that free pet though. I never have enough inventory space
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 49,415
    I warned about this before the old forums went down. Mabiland is dead.
  • LiyetaLiyeta
    Mabinogi Rep: 6,060
    edited March 23, 2017
    9th anniversary event is pretty much monthly event with 9th anniversary name slapped as the title. I mean what does spaming sm and dressing as Brazilians fluffy dancer got to do with celtic world birthday ? There is no 9th anywhere seen near it.

Pooey mabinogi 9th anniversary. ):

Really want 9th anniversary developer note with sabina bye bye in it.

GretaCrimsọnlucifernVimiRadiant Dawn
  • TentacleTentacle
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,070
    Remember those empty stalls in Festia that are supposed to be used for seasonal events?

Devs don't either.
    SylviaWolfeSherriVimi
  • lidiyalidiya
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,325
    edited March 23, 2017
    Tentacle wrote: »
    Remember those empty stalls in Festia that are supposed to be used for seasonal events?

Devs don't either.

It's a known fact all the Devcat devs that work on mabinogi suffer from dementia as they completely forget the reason they add stuff.

As for the event... it is very meh. Glad the drop rates are decent as the gear from it is selling extremely low already so I can fill up my closet more with stuff I'll never use.
  • DonPatchDonPatch
    Mabinogi Rep: 850
    perhaps maybe the 9th anniversary was made to be lacking just so the hype for the 10th anniversary would be huge. There's no way they're gonna butcher the 10th anniversary for us. THE DOUBLE DIGITS ANNIVERSARY DON'T LET US DOWN.
  • lidiyalidiya
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,325
    DonPatch wrote: »
    perhaps maybe the 9th anniversary was made to be lacking just so the hype for the 10th anniversary would be huge. There's no way they're gonna butcher the 10th anniversary for us. THE DOUBLE DIGITS ANNIVERSARY DON'T LET US DOWN.

As someone that has been playing this for a lil under 9 years (I started around 4 months after the game launched in NA) don't EVER doubt how devcat might butcher something. If there is something that should not be able to be botched they will botch it.
    LiyetaVimi
  • SaiSai
    Mabinogi Rep: 8,420
    lidiya wrote: »

It's a known fact all the Devcat devs that work on mabinogi suffer from dementia as they completely forget the reason they add stuff.

I blame different directors who want to work on their own things.
    AlmostNotsuper
  • LeineiLeinei
    edited March 23, 2017
    Liyeta wrote: »
    9th anniversary event is pretty much monthly event with 9th anniversary name slapped as the title. I mean what does spaming sm and dressing as Brazilians fluffy dancer got to do with celtic world birthday ? There is no 9th anywhere seen near it.

Pooey mabinogi 9th anniversary. ):

Really want 9th anniversary developer note with sabina bye bye in it.

You have Sabina's good-bye in the forums. It's under News and Announcements, where the majority of her work was actually done. Think of her posts/history as her developer notes. In my opinion, those says a lot more about her than a little snippet that would be in a book many players would drop after completing a quest.

Also the Samba thing probably has to do with when Korea made the outfits. If it was last year in 2016, we had the Olympics in Rio (which is in Brazil), which would explain the stark difference from what we're used to seeing.

Ok, I found more info on it. What we basically got was Korea's 12th Anniversary. Video shows the Samba outfits too around 1:33. This was posted in June and the Olympics themselves were held in August, so I'm probably not too far off. I think the reason things seem smaller regarding the lack of Mabiland is because we got Festia as a separate update where Korea got it all (Festia and those new outfits) as an anniversary update.
  • SkaidrojumiSkaidrojumi
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,620
    Leinei wrote: »
    We're due to get the title this weekend (25th-27th) as a Hot-Weekend prize. We're also getting a free panda pet, and if you can make the GM parties, you get free stuff from that too.

You get free stuff from the GM parties???
  • LeineiLeinei
    edited March 23, 2017
    That's what the GM party advertisement in the 9th anniversary post on the main page says.

"Log on to your server at the date and time shown in the above schedule.
    Meet up with the GMs at Dunbarton to celebrate 9 years of Mabinogi!
    Bring your friends and your pets to spend some quality time with the Mabinogi Team, and maybe for some surprise treats to boot, such as a very comfy place to rest your head..."
  • badnewsbarrettbadnewsbarrett
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,890
    Idk I agree but disagree at the same time.

On one hand, I'm grateful we're getting the title and the pet in the giveaway. I like the Jubilee event, too, because it's not full of junk and low drop rates for things like the outfits and wings. And that you can do it however many times you want and not a set amount daily.

On the other hand though, I hate how you get the coupons. I wish it was in dungeon chests or from monster drops. I feel like SMs just get boring really fast. My friend helped me run enough for a box last night... And now I don't think I'm gonna do any more. It'd be nice to get the wings but meh.
    Vimi