Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Release normal Hair Dye Ampoule plus Eye/Skin Dye!

ZeoZeo
Mabinogi Rep: 7,030
edited May 15, 2017 in Feedback and Suggestions
Hello! Zeo from Alexina server here!

It is really nice that we finally have the Hair Dye Ampoule as a part of package from the 9th Anniversary Box we can buy for approximately 13,000 NX but I can see that most of us were disappointed to see that the hair dyes were fixed and we have limited options where half of them are quite similar to what we already have in game thus we can't get colors that we actually want (like for example, I really wanted to have a burgundy hair for myself but as an elf, I can't get it plus there's no burgundy fixed hair dye)... plus some of us would really like to have a Dye Ampoule available for the eyes and skin tone too so we can select what eyes and skintone color we would like to have via the Eye/Skintone Dye to make it more diverse upon the playerbase!

So my suggestion is to add in the non-fixed version (Direct) of the Hair, Eye, and Skintone Dye Ampoule where we can use it and it take us to the dye minigame where we can pick a color we like anywhere (no chance as there's only one cursor for you so you can pick anything you want kinda like Direct Dye for Tuan's Wings) from the Cloth Palette and let us preview how it look on the hair/eye/skintone before we can confirm to dye it in the selected color. :) I would suggest maybe making it cost like 4,000 - 5,000 NX in the cash shop as a permanent item that we can buy!

What do you guys think?
  1. What do you think?28 votes
    1. YES to the non-fixed hair dyes!
       4% (1 vote)
    2. YES to the (non-fixed) eye dyes!
       0% (0 votes)
    3. YES to the (non-fixed) skintone dyes!
       4% (1 vote)
    4. YES to all!
       64% (18 votes)
    5. It would be nice so yes!
       14% (4 votes)
    6. Ehh...
       4% (1 vote)
    7. No.
       4% (1 vote)
    8. NO WAY!!!
       7% (2 votes)

Comments

• KagaKaga
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,170
    ded
    NeynaBlissfulkill
  • ZeoZeo
    edited March 24, 2017
    Kaga wrote: »
    ded

:D I knew you would love it too, especially the skintone dye!

And I'm kinda curious on who voted no for this one so far because you'd literally be able to use any color you want for hair, eye, and/or skin so someone would be crazy to pass up on this suggestion! I mean.. I can get why 4K-5k for a Dye where you can pick one color might be bit too much but it's better than a dye chance thingy for clothes where you have five point thingy and hope you get the color you like... and there's absolutely no reason for this to not be implemented.

Of course I had to make my poll as unbiased as it can be. xD
    Kaga
  • KagaKaga
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,170
    I mean, this is probably something nexon wouldn't mind doing lul

Like.. they could simply give all races all eye/hair/skin tone via pon but no..
    LF> Dark skin for elves already
  • BlissfulkillBlissfulkill
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,425
    edited March 24, 2017
    No, just install a color picker or something. We already ceded enough of similar updates to gatchapons and package deals, a far cry from the days of direct transactions via pon.

This cannot go anymore.

Who the hell is dumb enough to say yes?

Why make it $4 for a chance, especially considering many colors other than black and white are hard for people to eyeball on the cloth pallet?
  • HazurahHazurah
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,570
    edited March 24, 2017
    4000nx? no way
  • ZeoZeo
    No, just install a color picker or something. We already ceded enough of similar updates to gatchapons and package deals, a far cry from the days of direct transactions via pon.

This cannot go anymore.

Why make it $4 for a chance, especially considering many colors other than black and white are hard for people to eyeball on the cloth pallet?

Err, I stated that $4 was for one color you can pick (only one) so it is not a chance but rather... you can pick anything you want on the cloth palette.

I do agree with the color picker but I don't think Nexon would do it which is why I made this suggestion to have the non-fixed version of dyes.
  • BlissfulkillBlissfulkill
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,425
    Zeo wrote: »

This cannot go anymore.

Err, I stated that $4 was for one color you can pick (only one) so it is not a chance but rather... you can pick anything you want on the cloth palette.

I do agree with the color picker but I don't think Nexon would do it which is why I made this suggestion to have the non-fixed version of dyes.
    Ah, I see, I got confused. My apologies.

My views on cash shop are a hardened one, though yours speaks of "practicality", unfortunately. I am not sure where I should stand.
  • LeineiLeinei
    Mabinogi Rep: 16,440
    I'm kind of against this one, because I'm HOPING Nexon Korea is planning on releasing all the skin/hair/eye colors in the pon shop and this ampoule thing is just a little thing to tide us over until that point. I'm not sure how much work it would take to render each of the styles in each respective color though.
  • BuffalosBuffalos
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,795
    edited March 24, 2017
    I'd be all for free-pick amps for hair and eye colors (or rather, contacts?), but a free-pick amp for skin tone would be a freaking disaster. Following current fashion meta, there'd be pure white, red, black, and purple people everywhere and that sounds kinda horrifying (and slightly offensive in text).
  • ZeoZeo
    edited March 25, 2017
    Leinei wrote: »
    I'm kind of against this one, because I'm HOPING Nexon Korea is planning on releasing all the skin/hair/eye colors in the pon shop and this ampoule thing is just a little thing to tide us over until that point. I'm not sure how much work it would take to render each of the styles in each respective color though.

Yeah I can understand why you'd feel like this way. I'm not sure what you mean by rendering each style in color though? If you played around with one of the Japanese Mabinogi Character Simulation... the hair, eye, and skin are basically just like clothes/weapon where you can just dye whatever color you want and it'd work okay.
    Buffalos wrote: »
    I'd be all for free-pick amps for hair and eye colors (or rather, contacts?), but a free-pick amp for skin tone would be a freaking disaster. Following current fashion meta, there'd be pure white, red, black, and purple people everywhere and that sounds kinda horrifying (and slightly offensive in text).

Yeah I can see why you'd say that for the non-fixed skintone dyes, maybe introduce some options as a fixed dye for the skintone in a various of natural skintone plus some fantasy skintone such as drow elf (dark blue-gray) colors for now?
  • TheNyanCatTheNyanCat
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,665

Don't worry, I'm with you on this one. But at least we won't be seeing flashy skin dyes....
  • BuffalosBuffalos
    TheNyanCat wrote: »

Don't worry, I'm with you on this one. But at least we won't be seeing flashy skin dyes....

Why would you give them the idea? Jesus Christ, now we're DOOMED.
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
    Hazurah wrote: »
    4000nx? no way

I would pay 5 bucks in a heart beat.
  • BuffalosBuffalos
    Gaea wrote: »
    4000nx? no way

Same.
  • ZeoZeo
    edited May 15, 2017
    TheNyanCat wrote: »

Why would you give them the idea? Jesus Christ, now we're DOOMED.

Now the non-fixed skintone dye doesn't sound so bad after NyanCat hinted at flashy skintone dye lol... that would be horrendous! Although I am not going to lie.. the idea of flashy dye would be really cool for eyes.
    Gaea wrote: »
    4000nx? no way

Same.

Same here as well, heck... I would pay 15 bucks to dye my hair, eyes, and skintone in any color I want...
  • TheLordofNyrinTheLordofNyrin
    Mabinogi Rep: 800
    I 100% support this! might even start playing again too if they added it. would happily pay 20 bucks for pick a any color you want for skin/hair/eye dye. just no random dyes, that would be horribly ugly unless you could preview and need to click confirm to dye your character. if its random you really need the ability to decline and be able to spin again or cancel.
  • ZeoZeo
    I 100% support this! might even start playing again too if they added it. would happily pay 20 bucks for pick a any color you want for skin/hair/eye dye. just no random dyes, that would be horribly ugly unless you could preview and need to click confirm to dye your character. if its random you really need the ability to decline and be able to spin again or cancel.

Thank you for your support! And yeah, I think anyone would be happy to pay good cash to get a direct dye for hair/eye/skintone though I want skintone the most so I can finally have natural dark skintone for my main (who is an elf).
  • TheLordofNyrinTheLordofNyrin
    Mabinogi Rep: 800
    I've been trying to make my elf look like hes made of milk chocolate for 4 years, so yeah, skin/eye/hair dyes would be a massive help and i wouldn't mind plopping 20 bucks each as long as you got to the pick the color and it wasn't that random spinner mini-game thing.
    Zeo