Check out the patch notes for the September 10th update, Campfire Spirit: https://forums.mabinogi.nexon.net/discussion/23685
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

9th anniversary is a bit of a let down

Comments

  • LeineiLeinei
    Mabinogi Rep: 14,860
    Posts: 2,303
    Member
    lidiya wrote: »
    Leinei wrote: »
    Yeah... I think Nexon did us a solid, making that stuff free. I can't imagine people would play the game for very long if they didn't.

    But the plus side back then all outfits were acquired in game(outside some special RB ones) as there was no gachas.
    Back then you had to pay like $5 a month to RB, and $8(or was it $9) to RB with premium options, and occasionally a special outfit thrown in along with a fixed dye amp(you know when they actually were rare). If you did premium services you also got dye tuesday where every char on your account got a dye amp you could sell.
    In all honesty I spent less per month back then then I have in recent months trying to get the outfits I want.

    Now if they kept all that stuff for pay, and had the current gachageddon with terrible rates yes the game would have died pretty quick.

    Yeah, rebirthing, however, is an integral part of the game. You have to be able to rebirth in order to advance as a character because of AP accrual. You open up that function to allow people to play as much as they want, they're more likely to possibly spend money on your cash shop. I wish they'd just bring back outfit bags too. Gachas can be rather frustrating.

    VIP and Premium do need an upgrade, ESPECIALLY TO REMOVE THAT STUPID ADMINISTRATION COUPON.
    Sherri
  • GreaGrea
    Mabinogi Rep: 855
    Posts: 44
    Member
    lidiya wrote: »
    Leinei wrote: »
    Yeah... I think Nexon did us a solid, making that stuff free. I can't imagine people would play the game for very long if they didn't.

    But the plus side back then all outfits were acquired in game(outside some special RB ones) as there was no gachas.
    Back then you had to pay like $5 a month to RB, and $8(or was it $9) to RB with premium options, and occasionally a special outfit thrown in along with a fixed dye amp(you know when they actually were rare). If you did premium services you also got dye tuesday where every char on your account got a dye amp you could sell.
    In all honesty I spent less per month back then then I have in recent months trying to get the outfits I want.

    Now if they kept all that stuff for pay, and had the current gachageddon with terrible rates yes the game would have died pretty quick.

    Hm,as for gachas, I do recall there was a chest event were all mobs had a chance to drop one of two chests, with the drop rate being dependent on your CP. But, to open those chests, you needed a key. Forgot how to get the normal one to open the normal chests, but to open the premium chests, you had to buy the premium keys with NX. So there's that, I guess..
  • LeineiLeinei
    Mabinogi Rep: 14,860
    Posts: 2,303
    Member
    edited March 24, 2017
    I think you got the keys while you stayed logged in. Bear in mind, if Nexon started charging for that stuff (again), you'd have people complaining that they couldn't take part in the event and that they were discriminating against their non-playing players because you wouldn't be able to get access to all the prize items without having to pay in.
  • GreaGrea
    Mabinogi Rep: 855
    Posts: 44
    Member
    Leinei wrote: »
    I think you got the keys while you stayed logged in.
    Oh right, that's why there were just piles of chests laying around in Tir. The chests dropped too much and didn't stack, so players just dropped them. Problem with that was it took so long for the chests to despawn, if they ever did..can't recall that part.
  • mintielmintiel
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,960
    Posts: 177
    Member
    DonPatch wrote: »
    perhaps maybe the 9th anniversary was made to be lacking just so the hype for the 10th anniversary would be huge. There's no way they're gonna butcher the 10th anniversary for us. THE DOUBLE DIGITS ANNIVERSARY DON'T LET US DOWN.

    With the way Nexon's been treating Mabi NA it'll be dead by then

    also from what I remember seeing in KR's last anniversary, weren't they supposed to have new homestead figures? They seriously didn't give us those? They're already in the files, so I don't see why they couldn't...

    then again I'm not surprised this year was disappointing considering like...

    thanksgiving event? "here give us money for an item we made super super rare"

    black friday/cyber monday sales? a joke

    christmas & new years event? did they even happen?

    valentines day event? wasn't it just a "get together with the gms" and that was it? and the rest was some sort of gach? and then they gave a candy event like way later in march? (I think for white day, which is kinda moot considering that most people in NA don't celebrate it, but I'll give credit where credit is due I suppose considering it was an actual holiday event.)

    st. patricks day? didn't happen yet again unless you count the pig which was literally "give us money"

    Kinda sad if you ask me...

    Sherri
  • LeineiLeinei
    Mabinogi Rep: 14,860
    Posts: 2,303
    Member
    mintiel wrote: »
    DonPatch wrote: »
    perhaps maybe the 9th anniversary was made to be lacking just so the hype for the 10th anniversary would be huge. There's no way they're gonna butcher the 10th anniversary for us. THE DOUBLE DIGITS ANNIVERSARY DON'T LET US DOWN.

    With the way Nexon's been treating Mabi NA it'll be dead by then

    also from what I remember seeing in KR's last anniversary, weren't they supposed to have new homestead figures? They seriously didn't give us those? They're already in the files, so I don't see why they couldn't...

    then again I'm not surprised this year was disappointing considering like...

    thanksgiving event? "here give us money for an item we made super super rare"

    black friday/cyber monday sales? a joke

    christmas & new years event? did they even happen?

    valentines day event? wasn't it just a "get together with the gms" and that was it? and the rest was some sort of gach? and then they gave a candy event like way later in march? (I think for white day, which is kinda moot considering that most people in NA don't celebrate it, but I'll give credit where credit is due I suppose considering it was an actual holiday event.)

    st. patricks day? didn't happen yet again unless you count the pig which was literally "give us money"

    Kinda sad if you ask me...

    And what figures are those? Remember what I've been saying is that Festia was originally part of Korea's 12th anniversary event. We have access to the Fez and Tia figures through Festia if I remember right. We just got Korea's 12 anniversary event in two parts, the Festia update and what we have going on now that deals with the Samba stuff (which probably was made because of last year's Olympics in Rio, Brazil).

    Also AGAIN, we did get the Valentine's Day events, just not on the day. That's what the Chocolatier event is. One of Korea's Valentine's Day events. We just got it later. We usually have differences in time for us getting any content, including holiday.
  • ArjuneArjune
    Mabinogi Rep: 16,715
    Posts: 1,736
    Member
    edited March 25, 2017
    idk about their 12th anniversary but STILL have never gotten the Ferghus and Nao homestead minis from the very first Mabiland that Korea had... and we also never got the lorna and pan shop bags they got in their 2nd mabiland

    I need a Caswyn homestead mini in my life... and an I <3 Caswyn shirt. they don't exist yet afaik
    Daktaro
  • FayeKaibaFayeKaiba
    Mabinogi Rep: 10,545
    Posts: 886
    Member
    I honestly don't get how this event is a let down. They gave a nice event with decent drop rate for clothing and decent drop rate for the coupons. Would you rather have had them give you like a 10% chance of getting a coupon and have it be 90% of the time you get potions and nothing else? Where you need to spend millons of gold on to buy 1 part of the set. With how common the stuff if, this gives everyone a chance to obtain the items. (Save for maybe the wings, they are rare but the rest of the sets from the event are common) You also get a free pet today, would you rather have them make you buy the pet in the NX shop? There is also aGM event coming up were you can hang out with the GM's and get to meet/hang out with Saygo for the first time. And they even brought out a decently priced anniversary bag that's priced nice and stacks with all the other bags. Would you rather them give a bag thats 10k NX, doesn't stack with the bag OR have them shove it in a gacha with a low drop rate or a low event item drop rate?

    People should stop acting like nexon doesnt care, and should stop acting so entitled. If you don't like the event, don't do, you only have yourself to blame if you choose to miss out on something that you might want.
    LeineiSherriFilthyRedDevil
  • watercat0watercat0
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,855
    Posts: 251
    Member
    FayeKaiba wrote: »
    I honestly don't get how this event is a let down. They gave a nice event with decent drop rate for clothing and decent drop rate for the coupons. Would you rather have had them give you like a 10% chance of getting a coupon and have it be 90% of the time you get potions and nothing else? Where you need to spend millons of gold on to buy 1 part of the set. With how common the stuff if, this gives everyone a chance to obtain the items. (Save for maybe the wings, they are rare but the rest of the sets from the event are common) You also get a free pet today, would you rather have them make you buy the pet in the NX shop? There is also aGM event coming up were you can hang out with the GM's and get to meet/hang out with Saygo for the first time. And they even brought out a decently priced anniversary bag that's priced nice and stacks with all the other bags. Would you rather them give a bag thats 10k NX, doesn't stack with the bag OR have them shove it in a gacha with a low drop rate or a low event item drop rate?

    People should stop acting like nexon doesnt care, and should stop acting so entitled. If you don't like the event, don't do, you only have yourself to blame if you choose to miss out on something that you might want.

    We do not know the rates for these gotchas, i try the wing box and not nothing from it. That is how bad these rates are in gotchas. GM is nothing if you live in Europe!

    Lastly, we don't care about the bags or the pets. we want an event to enjoy.
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 45,955
    Posts: 6,822
    Member
    edited March 25, 2017
    watercat0 wrote: »
    FayeKaiba wrote: »
    -snip-

    We do not know the rates for these gotchas, i try the wing box and not nothing from it. That is how bad these rates are in gotchas. GM is nothing if you live in Europe!

    Lastly, we don't care about the bags or the pets. we want an event to enjoy.

    Okay, gotcha, nice english right there.

  • LeineiLeinei
    Mabinogi Rep: 14,860
    Posts: 2,303
    Member
    edited March 25, 2017
    The Wing Gacha (released a week prior to the anniversary event) is a separate thing from the 9th anniversary event and bear in mind that Nexon NA doesn't create content, that's the Korea branch. Korea is also the ones who create the gachas and their rates.

    And I disagree, many have been wanting a second equipment bag, though the chatter has been about the Simon one. Also, there's nothing wrong with a FREE PANDA PET considering we haven't had them since 2011.

    I'm not too keen on people saying 'we' when they mean 'I'. It's like you're speaking about the Mabinogi community as a whole.
    Sherri
  • FayeKaibaFayeKaiba
    Mabinogi Rep: 10,545
    Posts: 886
    Member
    edited March 25, 2017
    watercat0 wrote: »
    FayeKaiba wrote: »
    I honestly don't get how this event is a let down. They gave a nice event with decent drop rate for clothing and decent drop rate for the coupons. Would you rather have had them give you like a 10% chance of getting a coupon and have it be 90% of the time you get potions and nothing else? Where you need to spend millons of gold on to buy 1 part of the set. With how common the stuff if, this gives everyone a chance to obtain the items. (Save for maybe the wings, they are rare but the rest of the sets from the event are common) You also get a free pet today, would you rather have them make you buy the pet in the NX shop? There is also aGM event coming up were you can hang out with the GM's and get to meet/hang out with Saygo for the first time. And they even brought out a decently priced anniversary bag that's priced nice and stacks with all the other bags. Would you rather them give a bag thats 10k NX, doesn't stack with the bag OR have them shove it in a gacha with a low drop rate or a low event item drop rate?

    People should stop acting like nexon doesnt care, and should stop acting so entitled. If you don't like the event, don't do, you only have yourself to blame if you choose to miss out on something that you might want.

    We do not know the rates for these gotchas, i try the wing box and not nothing from it. That is how bad these rates are in gotchas. GM is nothing if you live in Europe!

    Lastly, we don't care about the bags or the pets. we want an event to enjoy.

    Please tell me were I mention Gotchas I don't recall mentioning those at all. If you are talking about Gacha's I also don't recall mentioning those. And you must be new here because Alot of people care about free pets and a decently priced bag.
  • LeineiLeinei
    Mabinogi Rep: 14,860
    Posts: 2,303
    Member
    @FayeKaiba I didn't see you mention those either. Especially since it's unrelated to the 9th anniversary to begin with.
  • Darkpixie99Darkpixie99
    Mabinogi Rep: 8,440
    Posts: 1,701
    Member
    edited March 25, 2017
    Leinei wrote: »
    We're due to get the title this weekend (25th-27th) as a Hot-Weekend prize. We're also getting a free panda pet, and if you can make the GM parties, you get free stuff from that too.

    You mean that Developer Note Quest that gave you a bunch of director-themed consumables, slippers and an id badge accessory?

    We got a new sort of Luxury Bag in the shop for sale, which gives people who wasn't here for the Simon Bag the chance for another equipment bag. Nice little thing that's not absurdly expensive, and no doubt people will see it in in-game shops just like any other bag coupon that's been released.

    If we're talking about the distribution of prizes, the previous 8th anniversary utilized a coin system, which meant you were LIMITED to what you could get prize-wise. This new set-up eliminates that limit and in turn just relies on the effort of the player. You can miss a few days of the event and still get a decent amount of nice prizes, though I'll admit the Samba stuff isn't really my sort of thing.

    Also, sure we don't have figures, since before the Maple Story ones we had, I think the last ones we had was the Reno, Vay and Tion figures that were released last time before the Updates to Melee, Magic and Archery (which the three characters were representatives of the new changes).

    This month's event titles: Celebrating the 9th Anniversary Jubilee and Chocolatier
    fc87ab4e34ab46389bb1b90115a401d1.png
    82d7435a7d58463b83e80a732f932e59.png
    Also, missed out on the figures from the past events. Was hoping for the return of Doki and KR's parade event...whatever that was about.
  • LeineiLeinei
    Mabinogi Rep: 14,860
    Posts: 2,303
    Member
    edited March 25, 2017
    This month's event titles: Celebrating the 9th Anniversary Jubilee and Chocolatier
    fc87ab4e34ab46389bb1b90115a401d1.png
    82d7435a7d58463b83e80a732f932e59.png
    Also, missed out on the figures from the past events. Was hoping for the return of Doki and KR's parade event...whatever that was about.

    What does that have to do with my post? Just elaboration upon the title we got?
  • Darkpixie99Darkpixie99
    Mabinogi Rep: 8,440
    Posts: 1,701
    Member
    edited March 25, 2017
    Leinei wrote: »
    We're due to get the title this weekend (25th-27th) as a Hot-Weekend prize. We're also getting a free panda pet, and if you can make the GM parties, you get free stuff from that too.
    Leinei wrote: »
    And what does that have to do with my post? \=0
    This month's event titles: Celebrating the 9th Anniversary Jubilee and Chocolatier
    fc87ab4e34ab46389bb1b90115a401d1.png
    82d7435a7d58463b83e80a732f932e59.png
    Also, missed out on the figures from the past events. Was hoping for the return of Doki and KR's parade event...whatever that was about.

    Do I really have to requote you starting from the title? This is what we get, and it's all free. People are QQing about not getting the 1-9th anniversary title. Korea probably did it for their 10th aniv, so NA is probably going to wait to do the same.

  • HinotamaHinotama
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,420
    Posts: 290
    Member
    I see no problems with this event. SM spamming is rather fun and doing it with friends makes it better. Plus getting gold each run while getting the tickets is also worthwhile to me.
  • LeineiLeinei
    Mabinogi Rep: 14,860
    Posts: 2,303
    Member
    @DarkPixie99 I also edited the last post of mine you quoted to ask if it was just elaboration. But yeah, the complaining game on this event is strong. -_-
    Darkpixie99
  • Darkpixie99Darkpixie99
    Mabinogi Rep: 8,440
    Posts: 1,701
    Member
    Leinei wrote: »
    @DarkPixie99 I also edited the last post of mine you quoted to ask if it was just elaboration. But yeah, the complaining game on this event is strong. -_-

    Yeah, Korea did this big thing for thier 10th aniv where they launched a video with statistics based on player death rate to even how many players broke an item at Ferghus. I'm guessing 2018 is where Nexon NA makes a big deal out of Mabinogi's 10 year anniversary and hands us tons of goodies. Wouldn't be surprised to see more anime tie ups next year to celebrate, or even a dev appearance.
  • LeineiLeinei
    Mabinogi Rep: 14,860
    Posts: 2,303
    Member
    That sounds like it'd be awesome. Though I think on the anime tie-ups, I think the only one we haven't had at this point is the Full Metal Alchemist one. =D