Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Peddler Event

Comments

• lidiyalidiya
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,325
    edited March 29, 2017
    dowie wrote: »
    How to make afk events even more tedious and worse than before? -Nexon NA

Not NA it is Korea NA only runs what their Korean Overmind says to run. NA seems to have almost 0 influence in the bad decisions that are made.

Well fun once you get all 5 coinds per day the box stays up... even minimizing it the thing takes up a decent amount of screen real estate(well wouldn't be bad, but on top of everything else like the menu bars...)
  • badnewsbarrettbadnewsbarrett
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,890
    First box got me stamina potion v.v How about everyone else?
  • MazuiMazui
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,250
    The outfits are dismal and were cheap to begin with. If you really wanna test your luck for the F wig, hope for the best.
    I'm just going to hoard coins and get the more valuable things. -sigh-
  • nevyn25nevyn25
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,135
    I'm hoping the quest that gives a peddler coin is a daily one, which would mean 21 extra coins, on top of the timed ones.
  • lidiyalidiya
    edited March 29, 2017
    Mazui wrote: »
    The outfits are dismal and were cheap to begin with. If you really wanna test your luck for the F wig, hope for the best.

Well depends to me the stuff you can buy is pointless as I got all my weapons to R6, and pretty much everything has the enchants I want.
    I also have like 80 nao stones in my inventory from past events lol
    So the only thing of any value to me is the female wig...

Side note I've got homestead seeds for the 1st 2 boxes... Funny thing is I've been selling homestead seeds cheap as I have a ton, and 0 need :(
  • badnewsbarrettbadnewsbarrett
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,890
    nevyn25 wrote: »
    I'm hoping the quest that gives a peddler coin is a daily one, which would mean 21 extra coins, on top of the timed ones.

I didn't realize there was another quest until I saw your comment and went to go look lol.
    nevyn25
  • FayeKaibaFayeKaiba
    Mabinogi Rep: 10,670
    "Oh no, I need to click a button 5 times a day. this is so tedious!! Even though grabbing stuff in the event shop is worth it but it's just too tedddiooouussss"
  • BlissfulkillBlissfulkill
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,425
    edited March 29, 2017
    FayeKaiba wrote: »
    "Oh no, I need to click a button 5 times a day. this is so tedious!! Even though grabbing stuff in the event shop is worth it but it's just too tedddiooouussss"

Isn't as worst as what it takes to recruit Shuan.

unknown.png :D
    This is 1000 Mabi days. In a row.

712043_the-big-fire.gif
    Shakaya
  • TheDumbOneTheDumbOne
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,790
    they said "new outfits" these r "Old" outfits.... weres the "New" outfits?
    badnewsbarrett[Deleted User]
  • lidiyalidiya
    edited March 29, 2017

Glad the only thing you got going in your life is sitting at a game AFK clicking a button every 30 mins which more then likely will reward you garbage items. Must be nice to have that free time.
  • ShoogShoog
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,535
    TheDumbOne wrote: »
    they said "new outfits" these r "Old" outfits.... weres the "New" outfits?

I looked through the dressing room and assume it's the same outfits we've had in past events but renamed. :C
    TheDumbOne
  • ReclusiveMageReclusiveMage
    Mabinogi Rep: 560
    wow.
    lidiya wrote: »

Glad the only thing you got going in your life is sitting at a game AFK clicking a button every 30 mins which more then likely will reward you garbage items. Must be nice to have that free time.

Wow, rude! It doesn't take much effort, just go do something g else or leave it on and check back every 30min, 1hr or get your brothers to do it for you. :/
    wow.

Wow, rude! It doesn't take much effort, just go do something g else or leave it on and check back every 30min, 1hr or get your brothers to do it for you. :/

There might be a valid point. You have to check back every 36 minutes for a chance. If the outfit was in the shop, then one might stop after reaching such a limit, but it is possible that one tries every day and fails to get the box.

In any case, this is a mild restriction, but it is still a restriction that I do not see why it exists in the first place.
  • FayeKaibaFayeKaiba
    Mabinogi Rep: 10,670
    edited March 29, 2017

Who said you have to sit around and just AFK? Run missions with friends, go do shadow missions, or dungeons. Sit around and chat. Be social. It takes 2.5 hours of playing the game to get the coins and you still get something nice if you get anything but the boxes. Atleast you have the options of getting other nice things for low coins. They could have made you pay like 50+ for even the most basic of items. And yeah it is nice to have free time after working 8 hours a day for days in a row. And I know I won't get a garbage reward, wanna know how I know? Because I consider Luckies/Protections/Rusty/plats and enchant protects not trash. I would rather enjoy time with my friends and get coins to get items, instead of paying 2-4 mil for items, but nice rebuttal, it was nice of you to assume that is all I do all day and never consider people have lives.
    MazuiNilremYokkaichiHiroki05
  • MazuiMazui
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,250
    edited March 29, 2017

Well depends to me the stuff you can buy is pointless as I got all my weapons to R6, and pretty much everything has the enchants I want.
    I also have like 80 nao stones in my inventory from past events lol
    So the only thing of any value to me is the female wig...

Side note I've got homestead seeds for the 1st 2 boxes... Funny thing is I've been selling homestead seeds cheap as I have a ton, and 0 need :(

Pointless =/= Worthless. Regardless if you have everything you wanted to R6, in hindsight, the stones/protpots/hammers always have more worth and always have a point in the game no matter the circumstance. Given the instance you have an item completely destroyed because of repairing RNG in the long run, you'll have things to use. But good for you that you have everything you need... not like I cared anyway. It's been years since I've read something so elitist LOL
  • lidiyalidiya
    edited March 29, 2017
    wow.

Personally I feel the rudeness is coming into a topic mocking people like he did I just gave more of the same.
    There are many more ways he could have said it isn't a huge deal to him.

Side note I live on my own so no I doubt my brother would close his store, drive 20 mins, enter my apartment, and click accept every 30 mins for me.
    For the weekends I'll probably have to run a remote desktop application, and hope mabi doesn't crash so I can do it as when I'm not at work, or driving to, or from work I'm sleeping for my next shift. Where if we didn't have to click the stupid button I could have just left the PC on while I slept.

Also agree with blissful if we had a guarantee we would get it after so many tokens that would be one thing as it can be planned around, but we can use every single token in the box while only geting a pile of seeds, or other garbage.

Pointless =/= Worthless. Regardless if you have everything you wanted to R6, in hindsight, the stones/protpots/hammers always have more worth and always have a point in the game no matter the circumstance. Given the instance you have an item completely destroyed because of repairing RNG in the long run, you'll have things to use. But good for you that you have everything you need... not like I cared anyway. It's been years since I've read something so elitist LOL

I said TO ME I didn't say to everyone. If I said to everyone then yes that would be elitist.
    As for my weapons no they won't be breaking any year soon as over the years we've been given so many hammers of durability from events I put em all to 20. I've let the last few expire cause I haven't seen any weapons I liked. Now if we didn't get those yea I probably would have broke one or 2 as they were quite low (my one was at 7 durability from 20 something at one point)
    Another useless change. Why have the NPC move between Ceann and Cobh? What purpose does this serve, and why should I care?
    badnewsbarrett[Deleted User]ImaizumiKrukia
  • NilremNilrem
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,880
    Who said you have to sit around and just AFK? Run missions with friends, go do shadow missions, or dungeons. Sit around and chat. Be social. It takes 2.5 hours of playing the game to get the coins and you still get something nice if you get anything but the boxes. Atleast you have the options of getting other nice things for low coins. They could have made you pay like 50+ for even the most basic of items. And yeah it is nice to have free time after working 8 hours a day for days in a row. And I know I won't get a garbage reward, wanna know how I know? Because I consider Luckies/Protections/Rusty/plats and enchant protects not trash. I would rather enjoy time with my friends and get coins to get items, instead of paying 2-4 mil for items, but nice rebuttal, it was nice of you to assume that is all I do all day and never consider people have lives.

To add on to this, here is a small list of things you can do while waiting to get coins:
    Run shadow missions
    Do any storylines you have left
    Do Martial Arts at Avon
    Run Dungeons alone
    Run Dungeons with friends
    Browse the market
    Set up a shop
    Talk to people
    Hang out with people
    Duel people interested in dueling
    Go get a drink
    Make some lunch/dinner
    Read the forums
    Post on the forums
    Read a book
    Check whatever social media you use
    Praise the local chicken god
    Plan ways to destroy the fabric of the universe
    Play a nice board game with friends (virtual board games count)
    Watch some Anime
    Watch some Cartoons
    Watch things on youtube
    Listen to music
    And so much more.
    FayeKaibaHiroki05s4reena
  • ShaeliShaeli
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,430
    Eh. Platinum hammers it is.
    badnewsbarrett
  • lidiyalidiya
    edited March 29, 2017
    Nilrem wrote: »
    Watch some Anime
    Watch some Cartoons
    Watch things on youtube

Wish I could do those 3, but as of late not sure if AMD pushed out a driver update mabinogi doesn't like, or if it was Nexon's launcher(started around nexon launcher being forced on us) if I watch youtube, or a video with mabinogi open I have a 60% chance my video driver will randomly crash. Note it isn't a PC issue as I can be rendering a 3d model, encoding a video, playing hearthstone, and have youtube running with no issue it is only while mabi/nexon launcher is running that nothing else can run.