Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

9th Anniversary GM Party Reminder!

Comments

• lidiyalidiya
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,325
    lidiya wrote: »
    lidiya wrote: »
    well so far this has helped my expand my blacklist as I blacklisted every single sakura abyss spammer, and default music autoplayer. I only wish we had an auto blacklist option for those things :(
    Or when they do one of these things they should have the ability to block all skills from being used in the given area...
    Good thinking, honestly was a good idea for Tarlach to quit doing jams after the crash, there was just so many players in one area of the square. I would recommend holding jams off to a side away from the crowd, if you just want to add some good music into the background. Inside the crowd it can be hard to find or click the music note, plus we were right beside the sakura and skill spammers...so there's Tarlach's problem. Hopefully everything went fine on the other servers so far.
    More shocked there wasn't more lag then there was as it seems chan 3 on mari was full(judging from people bugeling on diff chans) with pretty much everyone in dunby. Been quite some time since I've seen that many players in one spot.

Well, you guys probably didn't start off with people making one giant cloud of Sakura...only to widdle it down to three at a time and fireballs and giant swords flying around. I'm more surprised that people showed up for Tarlach's event, and it was more than for Sabina's last event. Were you at least able to walk without any lag?

We had at least 6 people doing sakura, and a few swords. Also head a few meteor strikes. I zoomed in on my char, and had my camera facing away from the mob.
  • lidiyalidiya
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,325
    Liyeta wrote: »
    Remember when peeps brought contagion to gm event ?

Sadly yes I do.
  • SherriSherri
    Mabinogi Rep: 18,615
    I'm not sure where to put this so I'll just post on here;
    Thank you, GMs, who took the time to visit Mari yesterday! I really enjoyed the party.
    I can't speak for all, but I am grateful you did this for us.
    My PC is still upset with me over the lag but I can tell you that it's just overreacting. :)
  • BlissfulkillBlissfulkill
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,425
    sea.png

sea2.png
    SylviaWolfeGreta
  • dowiedowie
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,800
    pretty good slideshow event
  • FairyvoiceFairyvoice
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,810
    The party was fun! The current party is a bit of a lag fest, but the one earlier was very nice. Thank you GMs for making this happen! I managed to sync up with someone else while we were dancing, and it was so cute that I made a gif of it. I'm posting it here so he can have a copy of it too.

AoqfCdL.gif
    XiokunDaktaroYokkaichiVimi
  • FayeKaibaFayeKaiba
    Mabinogi Rep: 10,670
    Fairyvoice wrote: »
    The party was fun! The current party is a bit of a lag fest, but the one earlier was very nice. Thank you GMs for making this happen! I managed to sync up with someone else while we were dancing, and it was so cute that I made a gif of it. I'm posting it here so he can have a copy of it too.

AoqfCdL.gif

That is so adorable!
  • DaktaroDaktaro
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,335
    alexina channel 6
    xNZJp7E.jpg
    aAU1sEK.jpg

had to keep names off for most of it cuz like 3fps but turned them on to try find the GMs lol. found nkeona easily in the middle but cicada was off to the right somewhere; took way longer to find and also navigating through the lag to get there.

checked out channel 3 after the event to see if any GMs stuck around for few mins and the colours broke lol that black robe... was legit scared for a sec.
    bBj2WOS.jpg

idk if all 3 balloons were given out or 2 random ones cuz seen people with pihne, caswyn and altam. i stayed the whole hour and got the other two but not pihne. happy regardless!! thanks GMs and nice to see ya

(ps. cicada you should try warframe some time. space ninjas with guns ayo.)
    edited March 30, 2017
    It seems these Meet the GM events are getting more and more filled each time.
  • KiirionKiirion
    Mabinogi Rep: 825
    im an hour ahead and got in like after 30 minutes it started. i couldnt even find the mods bc everything was so laggy
    i didnt know what i expected but it wasnt the camping kit with food i couldnt collect [gotta collect them all ig]
    im seeing talk about balloons?? what balloons
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    edited March 31, 2017
    Well since i couldn't make it to the 2nd Appearance i only have Pihne balloon now. I should come to this forum and complain for a Dead Bee balloon, because it's not just a balloon apparently.
    Sorry if that triggered you, lol. Not really
  • XiokunXiokun
    Mabinogi Rep: 11,100
    I only got an Altam Balloon but I don't really care I only got one. I had a great time! :-)
    GretaCrimsọn
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
    Xiokun wrote: »
    I only got an Altam Balloon but I don't really care I only got one. I had a great time! :-)

Thank you. But it looks like we will all be compensated one later on.

Sigh...
  • GretaGreta
    edited March 31, 2017
    Gaea wrote: »

Sigh...

Well, most people were in that GM Event only for free stuff. Remember Haunted Dunbarton or Valentine's Day Dance Party events GM's made? There was way too less people in those parties just because they didn't mention much about new free stuff they are giving out in there. Heck, even Elemental GM event failed, they expected to see Alexina ch3 and ch6 full of players, but instead there was only around like 15 people in ch3 so GM's invited ch6 players to join in ch3 for a party. No one bothered to join in that event, few of my friends seemed interested when i said that i'm waiting for GM's to show up and they asked if we are going to get something in there, but after i said that we won't, then they just went with "No free stuff? Meh... no point to come then."
    It makes me sad that most players go to GM Event only expecting for free stuff, they come in there to afk and wait out for free stuff to appear in their inventories. I also noticed that there was some few players who also brought along their dummy accounts to get more rewards, because there was few newbie looking character afking around GM event place... GM's should definitely stop giving out free stuff, because we only get a huge Afk/Lagfest GM Party instead.
  • XiokunXiokun
    Mabinogi Rep: 11,100
    Greta wrote: »
    Gaea wrote: »

Sigh...

Well, most people were in that GM Event only for free stuff. Remember Haunted Dunbarton or Valentine's Day Dance Party events GM's made? There was way too less people in those parties just because they didn't mention much about new free stuff they are giving out in there. Heck, even Elemental GM event failed, they expected to see Alexina ch3 and ch6 full of players, but instead there was only around like 15 people in ch3 so GM's invited ch6 players to join in ch3 for a party. No one bothered to join in that event, few of my friends seemed interested when i said that i'm waiting for GM's to show up and they asked if we are going to get something in there, but after i said that we won't, then they just went with "No free stuff? Meh... no point to come then."
    It makes me sad that most players go to GM Event only expecting for free stuff, they come in there to afk and wait out for free stuff to appear in their inventories. I also noticed that there was some few players who also brought along their dummy accounts to get more rewards, because there was few newbie looking character afking around GM event place... GM's should definitely stop giving out free stuff, because we only get a huge Afk/Lagfest GM Party instead.

I used to not come to GM events not because of that, but because I knew there would be a whole bunch of people swarmed around all the GMs fangirling, bombarding them with questions, and they'd be so overwhelmed they'd just ignore me and stick around by the more popular kids on the block in one place. It used to turn me off and make me feel cheated since I wanted to meet the people who help with the game but instead I can't because there's too many people swarmed all around their ankles... with some of those people I believed weren't being too sincere.

But then my view changed after a while when I finally got to meet one in a setting where they didn't annouce it to the world and were just playing the game like any other person, and it made me feel really good when I got to spend time with them for a good hour or so before they had to leave. ^^ After that I felt like the events were worth coming to prizes or not so we could all hang out like a big party. The prizes are a lil added bonus, but more like those cheese and crackers you get at parties. You don't come for the cheese and crackers most likely but it's really good anyway. I really liked this GM party because, despite how swarmed with people, the people weren't overwhelming the GMs extremely much and they actually got to say hi to me! :') It made me so happy I gave my favorite GM, (You know who you are), something nice, as well as just haphazardly throwing free stuff into he crowd of people for those who weren't afk. ;)
    Greta
    edited March 31, 2017
    I wanted to converse with the, but Alexina is so full. :(

Even with good connection, the chat is easily bombarded with talking.
  • GretaGreta
    I wanted to converse with the, but Alexina is so full. :(

Even with good connection, the chat is easily bombarded with talking.

GM event was so full that turning off names and mini effects still didn't help me to get rid of lag, so in the end i wasn't able to do much talking since chat was going crazy too.
  • LeineiLeinei
    Mabinogi Rep: 16,440
    The second one in Ruairi was rather laggy too. My husband and I had to stay up by the church to avoid crashing because people in the square kept doing Sakura Abyss. >A<
  • SenyuniSenyuni
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,310
    I was afk for the first event due to a repair man being here to fix something, second half i HAD to afk because of the lag, i love the smaller events simply due to the fact I can actually talk, but this event I had no choice but to afk :s
    Greta