Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the Mini-games + Quality of Life Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/91106/mini-games-quality-of-life-update-patch-notes-april-11th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Mabinogi Book Club

Comments

• ShaeliShaeli
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,430
    Sherri wrote: »
    Well.. Got my story done.

Ciel Blanc ~ Ch. 1
    IGN: Mizuli
    Server: Mari
    Interesting. Hope you continue it. I'd like to see where you go with this.
    StagedNote wrote: »
    ...but anyways, I've released "Story Writing, 20." I guess it didn't end this chapter xD Maybe next chapter?
    I know that feeling; seems I always have more to say than I can fit in 40 dialogue boxes. When I started this, I thought I could fit it into 50 chapters. As it stands on my outline, it's going to have to run 60 chapters plus an epilogue to get in everything I want, and I may have to stretch it a couple more still before it's all written and done. -_-

I'm into the mid-stretch now. With that said, carrying on:

Anima, Ch.23: Their Story
    Author: Shaeli

ch23promo_art.jpg

While her friends have a day off from toiling in the mines, misadventures in cooking unfold while Meara waits for Price to set up shop somewhere where she can talk to him without prying ears around to eavesdrop.
    Sherri
  • RoyRedRoyRed
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,140
    The 20th volume of "Knight's War" is now out,the next volume will be out next weekend!See you soon!
    IGN: Royred
    Server: Alexina
  • StagedNoteStagedNote
    Mabinogi Rep: 860
    edited March 31, 2017
    ...And the story continues! I'm not as organized as @Shaeli, but I think my story'll be done in...2 chapters? Look forward to it~
    ...Until then, help yourself to "Story Writing, 21."
    On a side note, why does Wanst sell drinks usually served in bars...to Milletians of all ages? Age is but a number, I guess xD

Author Name: Twinearth
    Server Name: Mari

List of Expired Works
    Story Writing:
  • ShaeliShaeli
    Organized? Me? HAHA GOOD JOKE. It just got a chapter longer after this week's writing sessions. -_-

Anima, Ch.24: To Find a Path

ch24promo_art.jpg

Meara had only intended to ask Price how to go about talking her friends out of the so-called Paladin training. Instead, she ends up being pulled down the proverbial rabbit hole of a seditious plot against Emain Macha's shadow ruler.

• RoyRedRoyRed
    The 21st volume of "Knight's War" is now out,the next volume will be out at next weekend!See you there!
  • ShaeliShaeli
    If the Steam launcher doesn't still work for me next week, this might be the last chapter I'm able to post until I get myself another computer that isn't as much of a potato (which might take me several months.) I still think axing direct launch is a terrible idea, but if Nexon's executives are so enamored with the idea of having One True Gatekeeper for all their titles, I'll gladly allow them to shoot themselves in the foot with all the players they'll be losing.

Anyway, enough venting.

Anima, Ch.25: Home and Heart

ch25promo_art.jpg

With the kingdom's rulers growing sick of hundreds of Milletians in tent cities all over Uladh, housing districts are opened up. On top of a long-lost spellbook falling into her lap, Meara unexpectedly ends up with somewhere to call home as well.
  • StagedNoteStagedNote
    edited March 31, 2017
    Hmm, well, hope that works out well, for ya, then xD I just..used the ol' Nexon Launcher, so ._.

..Anyways, I've just finished, "Story Writing, 22." Look forward to next week's chapter~

List of Expired Works
    Story Writing:
  • RoyRedRoyRed
    edited March 13, 2017
    The 22nd volume of "Knight's War" is now out,the next volume will be out next weekend!See you soon!
  • RaynicRaynic
    Mabinogi Rep: 500
    Hi there. I wrote my first mabinovel a little while back. "A Ghost Hunt with Anju". It was more of a test run to see how this thing works. Had some luck and some misfortune on the journey. ;)
    I'm thinking about starting a serial story about Fergus next. (hehehe...) A love story. Maybe. But the question I'm considering is the length of each chapter. How long is enough, or too much? I'm sure it's individual opinion, but its the thought I'm working through now.

Ray
  • ShaeliShaeli
    edited March 18, 2017
    Raynic wrote: »
    I'm thinking about starting a serial story about Fergus next. (hehehe...) A love story. Maybe. But the question I'm considering is the length of each chapter. How long is enough, or too much? I'm sure it's individual opinion, but its the thought I'm working through now.

Ray

You get 40 lines of 200 characters each. It's never enough.

Rather than doublepost, I'll just edit this, I suppose someone will bump it sooner or later...

I got thrown under the bus, but managed to dodge the tires, hence my tale continues.

Anima, Ch.26: Sidhe Sneachta

ch26promo_art.jpg

A letter from the forbidden frozen north beckons, and Meara meets a counterpart, who wanted to meet the one who succeeded in finishing what he started.
  • RoyRedRoyRed
    Today I will delay for my novel writing since there's been a lack of music,so until it get fixed;then I will write the novel on the weekends...see you there!
  • StagedNoteStagedNote
    edited March 19, 2017
    Ah, looks like RoyRed is having the same problems that I had while trying to write it, too xD Well, I've written the next chapter, and will post it next weekend, if music comes back by then~

• ShaeliShaeli
    I went ahead and posted last week because it was going to get fixed eventually.

Anima, Ch.27: Buried Truth

ch27promo_art.jpg

At Tarlach's suggestion, Meara goes to meet Aer, and finds the spirit to be anything but amiable towards her. Ordered to retrieve an artifact from Atrata, she finds herself in Filia once more, a year after being run off...but not for long—Castanea is not happy to see her back.
  • RoyRedRoyRed
    Well looks like the music got fix this week so,time for this forum topic once again! The 23rd volume of "Knight's War" is now out,the next volume will be out on the next weekend! See you there!
  • StagedNoteStagedNote
    edited March 31, 2017
    Hello everyone~
    Sorry about the technical difficulties last week. I have uploaded "Story Writing, 23."
    Well, until next week~

List of expired works
    Story Writing: -removed link please use the original link instead-
  • StagedNoteStagedNote
    Hello everyone~

How's everyone's April Fool's Day? I'm sure we all had a good laugh at the "dream" instance once we all logged in~

I've posted "Story Writing, 24."
    Until next week~

Previous, expired chapters of the Story Writing series. (Forum mod have mercy, it looked like I had to update the link everytime I added to the folder OTL)
  • RoyRedRoyRed
    The 24th volume of "Knight's War" is now out,the next volume will be out next weekend!(No joke intended) See you there!
    Since it's April Fool's Day,the event is strange,it's like ripped off of Inception movie&while on the final dream I tried to take away The Elder's stuff,but he punched me away to the wall of the round table area,it did not hurt me-thank goodness;so I choose the blue pot instead... (>_>)
  • ShaeliShaeli
    Maybe I should set up a Pastebin account or something like that to put my expired chapters on; if my work ever gets any new readers (HAHA GOOD JOKE) they're just going to be lost.

Anima, Ch.28: Trial by Fire

ch28promo_art.jpg

Not yet willing to trust Meara or her motives, Aer sends her to face a trial and confront the darkest aspect of her nature. Still without her old memories, she has no idea what she'll be facing: an encounter that will irrevocably change her life...

(I'm once again disappointed in the lack of choices in backdrops. I really wanted the Connous Underground caves, but it's not there, because putting it there would take effort, and if effort's being put into it, it's not being done by devCat. Oh well, pitch black cave it is.)
  • RoyRedRoyRed
    The 25th volume of "Knight's War" is now out,the next volume will out on the next weekend!See you there!
  • ShaeliShaeli
    And then there were two.

Once nobody else is using the thread anymore I'll just let it die. Or maybe I'll just make one last big flashy promotional art for chapter 32 (a momentous chapter) and go on posting the remainder in silence. Not much interest in MabiNovels anymore (can't even fill one page on the bulletin board on Mari) and I figure by the time I'm done with my story, there won't be anyone else still posting theirs.

Anima, Ch.29: Call to Action

ch29promo_art.jpg

Meara had been sent on a trial by Aer to conquer her inner darkness...and failed. The fiery demon that appeared before her in the trial laughed at her lack of strength, effortlessly crushed her, then branded her as its vessel. But before she can reflect on this harrowing failure, Price comes looking for her with the evidence that might bring down Esras, and calls upon her to help him make sense of it.