Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the Mini-games + Quality of Life Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/91106/mini-games-quality-of-life-update-patch-notes-april-11th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Why The Heck Do Gendered Specific WEAPONS Exist?

BlissfulkillBlissfulkill
Mabinogi Rep: 24,425
edited March 26, 2017 in Feedback and Suggestions
I am just looking back at previous equipment and thought "Damn, this baseball bat is badass", and suddenly got angry at how gender specific it is.

Males only? MALES ONLY? Why would it? Just because it appears in a male only set?

Come on.

There are also...

-Medical Record
-Waffle Key
-Waffle Clutch
-Pom Poms

So I suggest, we removed the restrictions. There is no reason they cannot exist without gender restrictions.
ShoogLeineiSylviaWolfeDarkpixie99XiokunNilremMazuiAeolys

Comments

• YangKoeteYangKoete
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,175
    Wait wait wait...WHAT?! THIS IS A THING?!
    Aeolys
  • ArjuneArjune
    Mabinogi Rep: 16,890
    edited April 2, 2017
    men can;t wear the pompoms. no one's complaining about that

only now people are whining about the baseball bat because it's actually cool. no one cared that lord waffle key was male only either...because it's not that nice. gender specific weapons have kinda been around and it's always been silly
    Greta
  • Sphyra21Sphyra21
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,555
    Actually I was disappointed about the lord waffle cone key. I happen to really REALLY love keys especially skeleton key and skeleton-esque keys.

And lol, I never really noticed there being gender specific "weapons" before (other than the key).

But yeah it is kind of silly to have something like the baseball bat be gender locked. Some of us gals play baseball/softball too. And there are guys that are cheerleaders.
  • XiokunXiokun
    Mabinogi Rep: 11,100
    Arjune wrote: »

MEN CAN'T WEAR POM POMS?! I am completely set off by this! This man wants pom poms, stat!! I can hop up and down and wiggle my hips just like any other chick can in some short skirt outfit.
    Sphyra21 wrote: »
    Actually I was disappointed about the lord waffle cone key. I happen to really REALLY love keys especially skeleton key and skeleton-esque keys.

And lol, I never really noticed there being gender specific "weapons" before (other than the key).

But yeah it is kind of silly to have something like the baseball bat be gender locked. Some of us gals play baseball/softball too. And there are guys that are cheerleaders.

Okay I'm not really angry at this at all, I can live without pom poms. :P Though, I understand how you feel. But fear not! With the release of these Eluned Outfits, (That everyone here knows I'm a big fan of), they could be thinking of removing these gender restrictions off already for these equips and could be doing so very soon. Or just making an Eluned Pom Pom, Waffle Key, ect.
    Sphyra21
  • ArjuneArjune
    Mabinogi Rep: 16,890
    Xiokun wrote: »
    Or just making an Eluned Pom Pom, Waffle Key, ect.

Yeah because why remove gender restriction when they can just release the same item again with different gender and make us pay for it again :P they are such thieves
  • BlissfulkillBlissfulkill
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,425
    edited April 3, 2017
    Arjune wrote: »

only now people are whining about the baseball bat because it's actually cool. no one cared that lord waffle key was male only either...because it's not that nice. gender specific weapons have kinda been around and it's always been silly

It has been a while since cheerleaders and baseball uniforms were sold.

Though another point, I wanted a convincing crossdress for male characters as well, since Eluneds are a thing.
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    edited April 3, 2017
    Because i don't really want to see huge, muscular, male Giants to jump around with pompoms like a kawaii small girls.
  • MazuiMazui
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,250
    Greta wrote: »
    Because i don't really want to see huge, muscular, male Giants to jump around with pompoms like a kawaii small girls.

But... I think seeing those would be breathtaking in both good and a bad way LOL
    Aeolys