Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

is this game worth getting back into?

deadmendeadmen
Mabinogi Rep: 200
edited April 4, 2017 in General Chat
  1. worth a fresh start or move on43 votes
    1. yes
       67% (29 votes)
    2. no
       33% (14 votes)

Comments

• deadmendeadmen
    Mabinogi Rep: 200
    have not played in over 5 years, and was wandering if it is worth a fresh start, or has it run dead to the ground since then
  • BlissfulkillBlissfulkill
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,425
    edited April 4, 2017
    We are alive. Certain servers more than others, but even they experience a resurgence from the previous death dirges before.

I would say start over. You get free AP with the talent system.
  • MizumieMizumie
    Mabinogi Rep: 825
    edited April 4, 2017
    I'd go with yes, but make sure you pick a lively server.

I just started over myself, going with Alexina this time. So far, it seems like the game is still doing pretty well, and it is much more fun on servers that actually have people. I wouldn't recommend Tarlach :^)
    Greta
  • KrukiaKrukia
    Mabinogi Rep: 760
    Mizumie wrote: »
    I wouldn't recommend Tarlach :^)

Rude.
    This is why Tarlach is "dead". People keep saying it's dead so it makes people not want to join it.

NilremXiokunYellowBinHiroki05hyaciinthSaiRadiant Dawn
  • MizumieMizumie
    Mabinogi Rep: 825
    edited April 4, 2017
    Krukia wrote: »

Rude.
    This is why Tarlach is "dead". People keep saying it's dead so it makes people not want to join it.

People keep saying its dead because it is. I've played there for years, and in one day, I've seen more people on Alexina than I have in Tarlach in months. I'd rather not mislead people into a server that they'll hate, so that they'd just eventually quit the game entirely.
    Greta
  • NilremNilrem
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,880

Ironically, Tarlach is still a very nice server even with a lower population.
    Although telling people to only join the top population server and to ignore the others really isn't good in the long run.

Although for the topic itself, the game is still doing good, although a fresh start might be better if you have been gone for a long time.
    Aside from a ton of things changing over 5 years, you get a ton of benefits as a beginner now.

Game is far from death, if anything.
    KrukiaYellowBinHiroki05hyaciinthRadiant DawnXiokun
  • ElfvieElfvie
    Mabinogi Rep: 740
    edited April 4, 2017
    I know the vote is biased( This being a mabinogi forum...), but you either rejoin for: Nostaliga, or you're willing to put in the time to bear with the game, in order to get to the good parts of the game.
  • RingabelRingabel
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,030
    Alexina has the biggest market, for sure.
    > so in terms of market / population size it'll be like Alexina -> Mari -> Ruairi -> Tarlach

But honestly, as long as you can find a friend to play with, you can have fun in any server.
    Even Alexina can be boring if you have nobody to mess around with.
  • dowiedowie
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,800
    if you play casually then sure. If not then probably should find something else
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
    edited April 4, 2017

I just started over myself, going with Alexina this time. So far, it seems like the game is still doing pretty well, and it is much more fun on servers that actually have people. I wouldn't recommend Tarlach :^)

No this is why other servers are dying. People keep recommending Alexina. :|

Lets just do a massive server merge and be done with this crap.
    KrukiaHiroki05
  • HCLWHCLW
    Mabinogi Rep: 640
    Don't Listen To Gaea Join Alexina
  • HCLWHCLW
    Mabinogi Rep: 640
    Gaea wrote: »

No this is why other servers are dying. People keep recommending Alexina. :|

Lets just do a massive server merge and be done with this crap.

i think other servers like Ruairi are doing just fine ppl keep using words like dead server, its only as dead as you make it to be. if the people you usually play with not as active find new ppl problem solved
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    edited April 5, 2017
    Don't listen to them... Become Ruarian. Join Rua server!
    But seriously if..
    You want toxic community = join Ruairi.
    You love drama = join Mari.
    You don't really care about server population and you just want a calm server to play in = join Tarlach.
    You hate all above things i mentioned there = join Alexina.

That's my opinion anyway. Please don't get triggered anyone.
  • BlissfulkillBlissfulkill
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,425
    Just to be fair, when you recommend servers, make sure it is for the benefit of the person ASKING, not the people left. The person asking deserves the truth, and the ability to make their own decision.
    GretaShouK
  • dowiedowie
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,800
    I don't think this game would physically survive an attempted merge
  • QAQbQAQb
    Mabinogi Rep: 560
    This game has been so much easier than 5 years ago, which help a lot of players since then. Furthermore, a few weeks ago they have balanced out each race with new skills.
    I came back after I quit playing for half year ror those new skills for each race.
  • XiokunXiokun
    Mabinogi Rep: 11,100
    Greta wrote: »
    Don't listen to them... Become Ruarian. Join Rua server!
    But seriously if..
    You want toxic community = join Ruairi.
    You love drama = join Mari.
    You don't really care about server population and you just want a calm server to play in = join Tarlach.
    You hate all above things i mentioned there = join Alexina.

That's my opinion anyway. Please don't get triggered anyone.

I'm not even going to lie, I'm not a drama person and in Mari somehow I got dragged into it years ago. Then it died down. Then again, I was more childish than how I am now, so the only drama I get now is my frustration at RNG. <u< ;
    GretaQAQb