Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Where are the other Milky Way Instruments?

RingabelRingabel
Mabinogi Rep: 2,030
in General Chat
Right, so - while the vast majority of instruments are either renown rewards or craftables - there's a few missing from the list, and I was wondering where the rest of them would drop from. because I require all of these instruments for aesthetic reasons.

Such as the Milky Way Tuba ( which is listed as a renown reward, but I wouldn't know who gives it - unless it's a reward for hitting level 10 on Nele, Yvona and Briana )
Or the Milky Way Microphone, which one of the Caravan Joe's has in Dunby.
Or the Milky Way Snare Drums, which I immediately yoinked out of someone's shop in Belvast upon seeing it but have no idea where the heck they got it from.

I'm already assuming that the Piano and Harp are going to be gachapon drops, but what about the rest? Like the Standing Microphone, or... the handbell? Any ideas?

Comments

• IyasenuIyasenu
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,265
    edited December 20, 2016
    So far, Mandolin, Flute, and Snare Drum are from the quests you get from reaching Renown LV 10 for Nele, Yvona, and Briana respectively.

Cymbals, Lyre, Whistle are Handicraft
    Elec Guitar and Bass Drum are Hillwen Engineering
    Chalumeau, Roncadora, Cello, and Ukelele are Carpentry.

I'm guessing that there are gonna be more from higher level Renown quests, but only time will tell.
    TJastec
  • XtrooXtroo
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,820
    never seen a milky-way hand bell, anyone knows if there's milky-way chimes? I really like chimes. Hoping there's one.
  • SplatulatedSplatulated
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,930
    i saw amilky way microphone but no idea how hey got it
  • RingabelRingabel
    edited December 20, 2016
    Iyasenu
    Iyasenu said:

So far, Mandolin, Flute, and Snare Drum are from the quests you get from reaching Renown LV 10 for Nele, Yvona, and Briana respectively.
    > snare drum is from Briana
    I'm... not sure if that's correct? The MusicQ mini site lists the violin, flute, mandolin and tuba as renown rewards - the snare drum isn't there, or under the craftables list from music dungeon. If it was and the information there isn't correct ( for some reason ), I just... wasted 3m on something I would've gotten anyway. orz

and I just went to check whether the violin is under the carpentry list ingame, which it's not - so, er...
  • TNinjaTNinja
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,265
    No love for Magic Crafting. :^)
    Ringabel
  • KttyKtty
    Mabinogi Rep: 6,415
    TNinja
    TNinja said:

No love for Magic Crafting. :^)
    I noticed that to and it made me upset. Why should engineering get some and not Magic craft?
  • RingabelRingabel
    Ktty
    Ktty said:

I noticed that to and it made me upset. Why should engineering get some and not Magic craft?
    Because they gotta put some of these instruments into a gacha, otherwise how else will Nexon make their money? We can't have everything be craftable in this game, gosh. /faint sarcasm
  • IyasenuIyasenu
    edited December 20, 2016
    Ringabel
    Ringabel said:

Iyasenu
    Iyasenu said:

> snare drum is from Briana
    I'm... not sure if that's correct? The MusicQ mini site lists the violin, flute, mandolin and tuba as renown rewards - the snare drum isn't there, or under the craftables list from music dungeon. If it was and the information there isn't correct ( for some reason ), I just... wasted 3m on something I would've gotten anyway. orz

and I just went to check whether the violin is under the carpentry list ingame, which it's not - so, er...

Here's the Snare Drum quest, as proof.
    Not sure which Renown quest gives the Violin.
    Or at what level Renown you'd get it.

And, oops!
    I just got Cello and Violin mixed up.
    Cello is Carpentry, not Violin.
    Ringabel
  • RingabelRingabel
    > snare drum is actually correct reward.
    > not listed on mini site
    > mfw misinformation

( unless there's the very off chance that quest reward is randomised but I... seriously doubt it. ) I'm just miffed that it wasn't listed under renown rewards, because then I could've saved my gold earlier. /shakes fist

Would be nice to know where the violin / tuba comes from now - since we only have 3 listed under renown, and I'm pretty sure Nele gives a mandolin at level ten...? Maybe there's more at higher ranks, but er. Who knows.
    Fweep
  • EvilJinnEvilJinn
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,145
    Nele's level 10 reward is milky way mandolin.
  • FweepFweep
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,015
    edited December 20, 2016
    Ringabel
    Ringabel said:

> snare drum is actually correct reward.
    > not listed on mini site
    > mfw misinformation

( unless there's the very off chance that quest reward is randomised but I... seriously doubt it. ) I'm just miffed that it wasn't listed under renown rewards, because then I could've saved my gold earlier. /shakes fist

Would be nice to know where the violin / tuba comes from now - since we only have 3 listed under renown, and I'm pretty sure Nele gives a mandolin at level ten...? Maybe there's more at higher ranks, but er. Who knows.
    I was actually extremely happy to see all the instruments I usually use (Mandolin, violin, and tuba) under the Renown reward, and cello being the only real thing I had to spam music dungeon for.

How misleading. Dunno if I really wanna bother with Briana's renown now. I absolutely hate when they post misleading imagery on announcements. Maybe there is a tiny chance it's randomized? Doubt it though. : (

Maybe it's a reward from a higher level renown for each. I'm honestly not sure if that is even possible or if there is a cap but heck, that would be the only explanation as to why they'd list them under the obtainable rewards from Renown. O well, at least free lute/mando/flute/snare drum?
  • MiDZMiDZ
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,555
    Iyasenu
    Iyasenu said:

I'm guessing that there are gonna be more from higher level Renown quests, but only time will tell.
    Stupid question maybe but what is Renown LV 10? Because I did that whole thing with the Musical Math dungeon for Yvona and got nothing but exp and the musical appreciation book quest has only been giving me regular flashy instruments...unless Nele, Yvona and Briana are in there and I just haven't gotten to them yet. :?
  • LleuadLleuad
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,190
    edited December 20, 2016
    Well to be honest, even in KR, people had Briana added at a -later- date, so probably NA has misinformed people by mistake.

"These are the known renown reward for -nele and yvona- :D" "wait what about briana" "what about he- OH RIGHT well that's kinda late now."

Long story short, there are instruments that are "missing" and may be missing because they come from -briana- instead, and KR added it at a later date, thus they didn't really post any information over it.

Of course, at the same time, that's just me being optimistic about it and I might be 100% mistaken as well. Who knows~
  • IyasenuIyasenu
    MiDZ
    MiDZ said:

Iyasenu
    Iyasenu said:

Stupid question maybe but what is Renown LV 10? Because I did that whole thing with the Musical Math dungeon for Yvona and got nothing but exp and the musical appreciation book quest has only been giving me regular flashy instruments...unless Nele, Yvona and Briana are in there and I just haven't gotten to them yet. :?
    Check your character window (where you can see your stats).
    There's a new tab labeled "Renown".
    It'll show your Renown Levels with the three NPCs who you can earn renown through so far.
  • MiDZMiDZ
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,555
    Iyasenu
    Iyasenu said:

Check your character window (where you can see your stats).
    There's a new tab labeled "Renown".
    It'll show your Renown Levels with the three NPCs who you can earn renown through so far.
    :o Thank you lyasenu. I would have completely missed it. ^_^; Once the mait is over I'll check it out.