Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

A rather irritating thing I'm noticing lately...

PolicromaPolicroma
Mabinogi Rep: 6,730
in General Chat
Well, as folks may know, I am the type that typically avoids auctions in Mabi. Mainly due to shenanigans with fake C.O.s and the like.

Well, I get the feeling I'm not the only one who avoids these situations, as I'm seeing a new and very annoying trend lately with a few sellers...

1. Seller gives you an auto-win
2. You agree with the price and accept
3. Seller magically disappears or stops responding.
4. Seller eventually notes or messages you, retracting the auto-win because they found the "real" price, but they'll gladly put you down as a C.O.
5. *headdesk*

I've found myself backing out of a few purchases over this. Good grief people. I ask for the auto-win because I hate this crap. Gimmie a price you're willing to sell for or go home. The in-game auction board can NOT come fast enough.
SutaruQAQbNegumikoGoldtiger01

Comments

• BlissfulkillBlissfulkill
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,425
    Bloody hell, is this the new trend? Once you agreed to a deal, you go through with it. Backing out for this is not a legitimate reason, if there are any. Find the real price before, you bleeping morons.
    BuffalosBerryswirlNegumiko
  • dowiedowie
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,800
    Don't really think this is a new trend. People seem to do it all the time. It's just a scheme to get people to bid faster although some will actually honor it.
  • XiokunXiokun
    Mabinogi Rep: 11,100
    In the market, people just don't play nice because they're in it to make money. :T
    QAQb
  • FinityFinity
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,100
    Some people will keep auctioning even though they got offered a.w.
    In that case, I just give up because 1) the auctioning will go on forever 2) I can't trust the seller.
    QAQbPolicroma
  • LeineiLeinei
    Mabinogi Rep: 16,440
    edited April 6, 2017
    And if anyone says they have to drop-trade, that's a huge signal for scamming right there. =T
  • SutaruSutaru
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,715
    edited April 6, 2017
    This....and I hate that no one can ever give you a straight up answer to how much they want. This is why I price check first, go with the price I think is fair, and then slowly drop the price within time. Not only this but it gets frustrating when you are advertising that you are buying something for a certain price and someone messages you asking for like triple of what you want to buy it for. If you don't like what I want to pay then seriously....move along XD. I hate how people feel the need to be greedy.
    QAQb
  • QAQbQAQb
    Mabinogi Rep: 560
    Yup, I hate people that do that. As a seller & buyer myself, I totally understand the needs for both sides. But I would rather keep my promise to whoever commit buying it.
    There was 1 time I was selling a dress for 9m, which a couple of people put down their c/o & 1 buyer noted me to buy it now for 9m. And I told the people who offered that the dress is sold where one person offered 10m, but i me kept my promise & sold for 9m & the person who offered 10m was mad at me. Looool :|
    GretaPolicromaSutaruHiroki05Radiant DawnNegumiko
  • nevyn25nevyn25
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,135
    also, people that do this make it harder for honest sellers to actually sell stuff because people will hold off on offering due to the chance of someone being a fake seller. I for one always try to be fair by sticking to a/w if I auction stuff. otherwise I try to find a fair price first and then set a price for my ad
  • KryoKryo
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,470
    I didn't know this was a thing. o3o If I'm selling something I try to go by the housing board for my prices. If it isn't listed there then I just ask for the person to offer, and if I like the item offer or if I think they're giving a fair gold amount then I'll agree to it. Otherwise I just say no thank you. I try not to do c/o prices for more than 3-4 days if it's a high-priced item because I feel bad making people wait so long lol
    NekoLilyAlof
  • ZephyrsongishnotmehZephyrsongishnotmeh
    Mabinogi Rep: 750
    Capitalism

nuff said.
    nevyn25
  • PolicromaPolicroma
    Mabinogi Rep: 6,730
    Capitalism is the solution to it's own problems. The more people are aware of these tactics, the less they will fall for them. That's one reason why I bring them up.

People use these tactics because they get someone hooked and they "work". Then when people wise up to them, the tactics change. It pays to know when you're getting screwed so that you know when to back out.
    AlmostNotsuper
  • BerryswirlBerryswirl
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,140
    What I hate is when you say okay to someone then someone else tells you they do your auto, but you tell them you sold it so they tell you off lol
  • NegumikoNegumiko
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,775
    This kind of stuff is not new. Happened to me when the tail gacha was around. I was buying a tail from someone and we agreed on a price and I even got the checks ready then I hear nothing from the seller ever again. Always do your best to honor the deal that was made whether your selling or buying cause sellers that keep changing the price or won't give a price are just a waste of time. This is business and even though it in a game I do my best to communicate and keep the deals I make with my customers so I don't waste their time.
  • ShouKShouK
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,735
    Wow, I have never yet encountered that lol As a seller, I always go out of my way (like even when I was about to go to sleep) to meet the buyer or mail the item once a price is met because 1) It's hard to find buyer that actually don't lowball you 2) If I respond late, most of the time I won't get any replies anymore..

I do really wonder how do people keep their c/o for days, when on the rare occasion I take c/o, the c/o always backs out after like a day or two..
  • watercat0watercat0
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,855
    we can solve this problem by asking the developers to implanting a betting system or the very last make it against the rules to use parties to use it for advertising and selling.
  • SeyrenLKSeyrenLK
    Mabinogi Rep: 745
    I like how players has CO 30m AW 40m of the stuffs that you have and then you're like who's the one buying it for 30m? She/he can buy mine.
    Then you see two more sellers in belvast for 15m and 18m.
    Xiokun
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    edited April 7, 2017
    I like when seller changes C.O every 5 minutes. At first, i saw Tuan Wings for 50m, after few minutes it changed to 40m and after a minute it was already 35m C.O. Like wth, since when C.O's drop instead of increasing?
  • ApollodorusApollodorus
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,865
    Not strictly relevant but a long time ago I wanted to buy this scythe, which at the time was worth about 5m, from a player who claimed they were quitting. I gave an offer of 3m because that was literally about all the gold I had on me, and the seller agreed. So I leave for like a minute to write the checks and when I get back there is some other player telling the seller they should charge more for the scythe, and so when I go to make the trade the seller decides they agreed, canceled the trade, and kindly told me to pony up an additional two mil or Fergus off. In retrospect it wasn't that big of a deal but that was probably the maddest I ever got at a seller, especially because back then bank fees actually meant something to me and the seller couldn't even be bothered to reimburse me for those.

On the other side of that I hate buyers who ask you to hold something and then decide they either want to renegotiate when it comes time to pay or end up buying it from someone else. Especially when they don't TELL you that they bought it from someone else and go radio silence for like a week. If I'm putting something aside for a seller that is a courtesy on my part, it has no benefit for me and might actually cause me to take a hit in profit if you make me hold onto a new item for like a week, so don't be a jerk and honor your agreement. Don't make me regret being amicable just because you found a better price somewhere down the road.
    YokkaichiPolicromaGreta
  • PlatinaKokiPlatinaKoki
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,760
    What irritates me is this term "auto-win". B.O "Buy-out" sounds more proper.
  • AlmostNotsuperAlmostNotsuper
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,240
    What irritates me is this term "auto-win". B.O "Buy-out" sounds more proper.

It's the opposite for me. Auto Win was the first one I was exposed to, and B.O. is Body Odor to me, no matter the context. I have to think twice whenever someone uses it to represent something else.
    Xiokun