Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Add Swimming animation via skill or action!

SplatulatedSplatulated
Mabinogi Rep: 3,930
in Feedback and Suggestions
IGN: Splatulated
Server: Alexina

we have swimsuits but no where to use them

be nice if you got close enough to a waters edge if there was a swim action to enter it and swim about for fun
or a skill similar to fishing but you collected sea shells or rocks or things for the homestead
KttyFilthyRedDevilAlmostNotsuper
  1. Swimming26 votes
    1. Yish
       85% (22 votes)
    2. no
       15% (4 votes)

Comments

• will1624will1624
    Mabinogi Rep: 990
    That'd be a fun thing to do....Maybe lead to underwater dungeons you have to do special quests to get into? So many things could spin off it!
    Hane
  • Darkpixie99Darkpixie99
    Mabinogi Rep: 8,660
    edited December 16, 2016
    Yeah, we brought this up in the old forums but you'd need at least two skills for swimming in large bodies of water to work. Swimming and Breathing Technique. Martial Arts and Swordsmanship are often said to utilize Breathing Techniques in combat as well, so I could see this as a passive upgrade able hidden skill for ranking up swimming, a combat skill, and a fighter skill.
  • KttyKtty
    Mabinogi Rep: 6,415
    +1... I definitely would love to see something like this added!!
  • Roxies1Roxies1
    Mabinogi Rep: 510
    that does sound like fun. me and my friends hang out at the oasis wishing we could realy swim.
  • AlmostNotsuperAlmostNotsuper
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,240
    People have been bringing this up for some time now. If not the ability to swim or sail, then at least an underwater area (which that new think in the Korean version seems to be, almost).

I think it'd be neat. To mention some possible uses (and tie it in with some other suggestions I've seen around - namely improving life skills and doing something with gems), it'd be neat if we could swim out to certain spots to use metallurgy or fishing to gather special materials. The Oasis comes to mind. This would also have been a neat way to access the shipwreck in Scathatch. This would be a neat way to allow us to reach the islands near Emain Macha too. Maybe they could finally reveal what that one sign says.

It doesn't even have to be a new skill (I'd personally like to cool it on new skills for a bit). Imagine some diving gear that works like the hot-air balloons. Speaking of, I imagine creating a swimming area would be as simple ('simple') as creating another alternate dimension like the flight zones.
    FluoretteHane
  • FluoretteFluorette
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,840
    It doesn't even have to be a new skill (I'd personally like to cool it on new skills for a bit). Imagine some diving gear that works like the hot-air balloons. Speaking of, I imagine creating a swimming area would be as simple ('simple') as creating another alternate dimension like the flight zones.

What this person is saying. I don't think it should be a skill, but more like flying. Also like flying, it'd be great if you could not only just swim along the surface, but go deeper underwater as well to a certain extent to explore.

With a separate swimming area that functions like the hot-air balloons, maybe have breathing gear that functions like the flint fueling the balloons--the oxygen meter gradually lowers and an item of some sort is necessary to refill it when it gets low. And if it runs out completely? The player is automatically forced to surface again. A new star-collecting daily could actually spawn from it too if they go with this.

If not, just general swimming around in certain water areas like the Oasis sounds great. I've always wanted to swim in this game.
  • BerryswirlBerryswirl
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,140
    Ahhhh 100% support
  • EllisyaEllisya
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,525
    With current engine....?
    (Impossibru..
    Greta
  • AlmostNotsuperAlmostNotsuper
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,240
    Ellisya wrote: »
    With current engine....?
    (Impossibru..

Well, even if the flight-like swimming isn't possible, I'm sure basic movement with a swimming animation is. After all, we already appear to sink through the ground at random and walk on water in some places (or at least we used to). There are also areas that force the player to walk (in shadow missions, but I don't see why it can't be done elsewhere). Just do this and have a special animation play when we're in the water.
  • Roxies1Roxies1
    Mabinogi Rep: 510
    When i first commented on this suggestion it was on the back page but know people are taking notice makes me wander how it was so ignored when it was made.
  • YangKoeteYangKoete
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,175
    Swimming sounds good. ^_^
  • RondoRondo
    Mabinogi Rep: 255
    will1624 wrote: »
    That'd be a fun thing to do....Maybe lead to underwater dungeons you have to do special quests to get into? So many things could spin off it!
    Yeah, we brought this up in the old forums but you'd need at least two skills for swimming in large bodies of water to work. Swimming and Breathing Technique. Martial Arts and Swordsmanship are often said to utilize Breathing Techniques in combat as well, so I could see this as a passive upgrade able hidden skill for ranking up swimming, a combat skill, and a fighter skill.

I love these ideas!