Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Least Desired Common Prizes?

IyasenuIyasenu
Mabinogi Rep: 24,265
in General Chat
I was wondering, what does everyone consider to be their leased desired reward to obtain from the various Gift Boxes and events in Mabinogi?
Such as from things like Festia Gift Boxes, Partner Gift Boxes, and the many types of Event Gift Boxes.

Mine would probably be for Cheap/Common Fabrics and Leathers, but cheap/common fabrics especially.
NPC-buyable, and unfragmentable fabrics, bleh.
  1. What would you remove from Gift Box-type reward lists?57 votes
    1. Ordinary Recovery Potions (Non-RE/SE)
       33% (19 votes)
    2. Movement Speed or Gathering Speed Potions
       7% (4 votes)
    3. Cheap/Common Fabrics and Leathers
       44% (25 votes)
    4. Non-Diamond Gems
       9% (5 votes)
    5. Other (Post Below)
       7% (4 votes)

Comments

• RaishiiRaishii
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,245
    I would say those food items like Lollipop of Intelligence that partners/some gachas spit out. You can't cater them nor do they stack with catering, so they're completely useless.
  • MilkypockyMilkypocky
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,410
    the fabrics and leathers are completely useless to me since im not training tailoring at all
    those food items, like Raishii said, are pretty useless too
  • MizumieMizumie
    Mabinogi Rep: 825
    The cheap/common fabrics are useless for nearly everyone, even if you're training tailoring/weaving, you grow out of them extremely quickly, and they take up a lot of space. Like those two said, Those foods are pretty pointless too.

Potions are at least useful for some people, I never really use any myself, but for a lot of newer players, even a couple regular ones can make a huge difference. They also add up pretty quickly if you don't toss them, so I guess they can help with Alban or something similar. Gathering speed pots and move speed pots are kinda my favorite tbh, I used a lot of the gathering ones when I was ranking magic craft. As for gems.. I've never used them for anything other than weapon upgrades, but they're at least useful.

I'd like to see more commerce letters and shadow crystals, I think they'd give people some more reason to be active and do stuff.
  • FrahaleahFrahaleah
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,680
    For me, it's all those blasted SE/RE potions, I know players use them, but seriously, come on, they are like in EVERY event drop table, to the point of if Nexon ever has a potion fishing event, with the current frequency of their events, noone would do the fishing event, cause of all the potions players get from every event. & what's worse is, those SE/RE potions have a ridiculously high % of getting from events and gatchapon, to the point of severe excess. Heck, I'm pretty sure people are still going through the ones they got years ago...
  • RaishiiRaishii
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,245
    Brimmer said:

For me, it's all those blasted SE/RE potions, I know players use them, but seriously, come on, they are like in EVERY event drop table, to the point of if Nexon ever has a potion fishing event, with the current frequency of their events, noone would do the fishing event, cause of all the potions players get from every event. & what's worse is, those SE/RE potions have a ridiculously high % of getting from events and gatchapon, to the point of severe excess. Heck, I'm pretty sure people are still going through the ones they got years ago...
    Phantasm has made me burn through my HP/MP SE supply, but I still have an unnecessary amount of stamina pots 'cause I rarely ever use them.
  • WingWing
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,095
    The cheap and common fabrics are rather annoying to get as prizes. I actually enjoy the RE/SE potions as small prizes since I too burn through them at a high rate.
  • FrahaleahFrahaleah
    Wing
    Wing said:

The cheap and common fabrics are rather annoying to get as prizes. I actually enjoy the RE/SE potions as small prizes since I too burn through them at a high rate.
    I guess the SE/RE potions do have one good thing about them, little to no potion poisoning.
  • SylviaWolfeSylviaWolfe
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,310
    For me the non RE/SE potions are the worst because their RE/SE partners are just better. Also that leads to having a million different stacks of similar-but-not-the-same potions clogging your inventory. The tailoring materials are pretty sad too but at least I can tailor with them for a minute
  • FrahaleahFrahaleah
    SylviaWolfe

Also that leads to having a million different stacks of similar-but-not-the-same potions clogging your inventory.
    Yeah, considering the inventory space we have to work with, That's just a problem waiting to get worse, sure the potions only take up a 1x1 space, but after a while that adds up, and fast.
  • Dai_Mata_ReiDai_Mata_Rei
    Mabinogi Rep: 900
    SylviaWolfe

For me the non RE/SE potions are the worst because their RE/SE partners are just better. Also that leads to having a million different stacks of similar-but-not-the-same potions clogging your inventory. The tailoring materials are pretty sad too but at least I can tailor with them for a minute
    have to second most of this. namely the potions... too many rewards boxes have given potions... i think i have a pet or two that the inventory of is full of them. while materials are ok. would prefer the ones not found in npc shops. though. i'm lucky in some aspects and have multiple decently sized bags in my main characters inventory plus pouches for most materials.(even though half are full )

• Darkpixie99Darkpixie99
    Mabinogi Rep: 8,660
    Brimmer said:

SylviaWolfe

Also that leads to having a million different stacks of similar-but-not-the-same potions clogging your inventory.
    Yeah, considering the inventory space we have to work with, That's just a problem waiting to get worse, sure the potions only take up a 1x1 space, but after a while that adds up, and fast.
    Potions, Fabric that you can buy from any NPC, Tendering potions I never have a use for, items with expiration timers that just end up getting dropped anyways, old food from Eweca Orbs that give stats (mastering catering gives you +100 easily, compared to +20), I rarely use movement speed potions (resorts to pets), and almost never use the gathering speed potions.
  • CarlizeCarlize
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,840
    I personally hate getting potions. I have about 10 pets just of SE/RE potions, and I don't use them nearly enough to warrant getting more. The life skill items are the least fail-type item I can get from boxes. The cheap stuff can be fragmented if necessary, and you never know when events require the randomest of materials. Between training weaving and gathering materials that either I received or others dropped, I gathered over 10 bags of Cheap Silk, that I was able to sell during the Waffle Witch event for 30k/2.
  • PolicromaPolicroma
    Mabinogi Rep: 6,730
    I'm gonna say cheap/common fabrics. I'd also go as far as requesting any "pouches" for them be removed. They can be purchased in NPC shops. There is no reason you would EVER run out of them if you actually needed them.
  • SherriSherri
    Mabinogi Rep: 18,615
    edited December 20, 2016
    Getting fabrics in general is annoying, since I dislike tailoring quite a bit.
    Also, I only keep SE potions, so RE is useless to me as well.
    Bleh no thanks.
    Also, I hate getting passes from my partners.
    Though I must admit it depends on the pass.
    Elite Defeat Fomor Commander II PLS
  • EmerisEmeris
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,120
    I'd say it's definitely the cheap/common fabrics and leathers.
  • BeroBero
    Mabinogi Rep: 645
    Any 50 HP/MP/SP potions...
  • KokoroKokoro
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,155
    edited December 21, 2016
    I'm going to have to say expiring Elite passes. Actually maybe anything that expires in general.

I'm fine with getting potions and leathers because they can be sold to NPCs for a fair amount of gold.
  • EraleaEralea
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,890
    I don't like RE potions.

SE potions are useful because there's no potion poisoning, and normal potions are useful because they can be fragmented for large amounts of easy herbs and clovers.

RE potions can't be fragmented, still give poisoning if you drink enough of them, and don't even stack to 50 like the SEs.
  • ShouKShouK
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,735
    Dem non-diamond gems. I have absolutely no use for them. I hate them with passion. I hate getting potions too but at unexpected times sometimes I will use them.
  • StagedNoteStagedNote
    Mabinogi Rep: 860
    I'd have to agree with the cheap fabrics/leathers. Cheap/Common Fabric can be purchased from NPCs, and leathers easily drop if you rank up Ingredient Hunting...