Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the Mini-games + Quality of Life Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/91106/mini-games-quality-of-life-update-patch-notes-april-11th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

A new rank 1 Dark Knight Model!

Roxies1Roxies1
Mabinogi Rep: 510
edited March 30, 2017 in Feedback and Suggestions
I would like to make a request for a new Dark Knight Rank 1 model. Compared to the Paladin the Dark knight is way to plain. I hope to have more players opinions and support on with this. Im not sure how to go about this. It is my first request but i hope other Dark knight and even none dark knights will help me. I was thinking the new Dark knight rank 1 could look like more detaled like this but im open to more suggestions. http://lorehound.com/wp-content/gallery/pillar-of-strength-content-update/lann-dark-knight-02.jpg male
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-Y9h1SDdKrEE/UAdRH2XFWaI/AAAAAAAAAWk/JK-IuWKmBMc/s1600/Dark_Knight.jpg female

Comments

• Roxies1Roxies1
    edited March 30, 2017
    Im not sure how to go about this. It is my first request but i hope other Dark knight and even none dark knights will help me. I was thinking the new Dark knight rank 1 could look more detaled like this but im open to more suggestions. http://lorehound.com/wp-content/gallery/pillar-of-strength-content-update/lann-dark-knight-02.jpg male
    http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-Y9h1SDdKrEE/UAdRH2XFWaI/AAAAAAAAAWk/JK-IuWKmBMc/s1600/Dark_Knight.jpg female
  • KorviaKorvia
    Mabinogi Rep: 500
    edited March 30, 2017
    I like the ones you've posted to a point, little too busy for my taste and I think they would modify your suggestion anyway, to refrain from copyright issues.
    I think the only real problem with the current model is you look like you have a latex body suit on lol

Edit: realized you were talking rank 1 not DK as a whole lol
  • reylansreylans
    Mabinogi Rep: 300
    I think it sounds pretty awesome to have a cool new looking black knight to look forward to once you reach the highest rank .
  • PlatinaKokiPlatinaKoki
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,760
    No. You got bald, and you'll like bald.

Sides, Paladins need an Active Skill, first.
  • NegumikoNegumiko
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,775
    dark knights could use a better rank 1 armor. there is a small crack in the right shoulder area of rank 1 dark knight armor and the rank 1 armor looks worst then all the other dark knight armor ranks. so I fully support creating a new rank 1 skin for dark knights. maybe even allow elves and giants a option to go dark knight one day. dark commander is clearly a giant in dark knight armor so it should be possible for other races to go dark knight as well.
  • HazurahHazurah
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,570
    basically we need the new dark knight model that looks exactly like "Dark Knight" (not Batman!)
    Negumiko
  • NegumikoNegumiko
    Hazurah wrote: »
    basically we need the new dark knight model that looks exactly like "Dark Knight" (not Batman!)

as cool as it is to be Batman I agree. dark knight rank 1 would look close to the Batman Beyond costume in 1999 if we had a red bat symbol on it XD
  • Roxies1Roxies1
    edited March 31, 2017
    I was just using as a example showing how more detailed it is then our bald plain dark knight. Not trying to get this as our Dark knight form.
    I should have worded it better. lol
  • JoeyDee9JoeyDee9
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,065
    Member, Volunteer Forum Moderator
    New models for all the transformations would be nice honestly. r1 appearances is the worst for all of them bust beast.
  • AlmostNotsuperAlmostNotsuper
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,240
    JoeyDee9 wrote: »
    New models for all the transformations would be nice honestly. r1 appearances is the worst for all of them bust beast.

If you ask me, beast has it the worst. Sage isn't as cool as Wave. Infra seems fine to me, since at least it's a logical progression. I didn't like Champion at first, but it grew on me.

Anyway, while I don't think it's necessary to create entirely new r1 forms (It actually amuses me to see DKs complain about their appearance), now would be the time to overhaul trans, since they're doing race renovations. And it could definitely use it.
  • HumiliatingHumiliating
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,290
    In all honesty, I feel we just need a transformation look changer so we can change it to be one of the currently available. Example: Rank 1 but have the rF skin. I want to have that rank F skin again on my giant. :c
    Negumiko
  • PlatinaKokiPlatinaKoki
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,760
    Negumiko wrote: »
    dark knights could use a better rank 1 armor. there is a small crack in the right shoulder area of rank 1 dark knight armor and the rank 1 armor looks worst then all the other dark knight armor ranks. so I fully support creating a new rank 1 skin for dark knights. maybe even allow elves and giants a option to go dark knight one day. dark commander is clearly a giant in dark knight armor so it should be possible for other races to go dark knight as well.

Dark Commander is a Fomorian. Fomorians can come in different sizes. Dark Commander is not a "Giant" NPC, he's a Fomor NPC that just happens to be the size of a giant.
  • NegumikoNegumiko
    In all honesty, I feel we just need a transformation look changer so we can change it to be one of the currently available. Example: Rank 1 but have the rF skin. I want to have that rank F skin again on my giant. :c

that would be a good option to have and would likely be easier then creating new skins. I like the other dark knight skins a lot more then the rank 1 dark knight but since I changed to dark knight shortly after reaching rank 1 paladin I never got to use the other dark knight skins.
    Humiliating
  • Roxies1Roxies1
    Wow 250 views I did not expect so many so soon. 0_0
  • FaithrendFaithrend
    Mabinogi Rep: 985
    I support I think it's time for a reskin
    Roxies1
  • Roxies1Roxies1
    Liyeta wrote: »
    i dont really like the model. what dk need is black smoke under their feet and white wing.

That sounds awesome 0_0
  • Roxies1Roxies1
    edited April 6, 2017
    Do you support the change of Dark knight rank 1?
    .Yes
    .No
    .I'm not dark knight so I don't care

lol Just trying to keep comments alive I'd also like to know and yes I read all of the comments here.
  • RondoRondo
    Mabinogi Rep: 255
    I doubt they'll be revisiting/revamping transformations. I do agree with the fact that Dark Knight looks ugly (reminds me more of an alien or the symbiote from Spiderman). It should get a new model. If they are going to revamp Transformation, Paladin's need an active skilll and the whole STR/INT/DEX roll for DK needs to go. I hate that your buff is RNG and might not apply to the skills/talent you are using.
    Roxies1Negumiko
  • BerylBeryl
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,750
    Liyeta wrote: »
    i dont really like the model. what dk need is black smoke under their feet and white wing.

Please, no wing(s)
    Roxies1Spkr
  • NegumikoNegumiko
    Rondo wrote: »
    I doubt they'll be revisiting/revamping transformations. I do agree with the fact that Dark Knight looks ugly (reminds me more of an alien or the symbiote from Spiderman). It should get a new model. If they are going to revamp Transformation, Paladin's need an active skilll and the whole STR/INT/DEX roll for DK needs to go. I hate that your buff is RNG and might not apply to the skills/talent you are using.

If Paladin gets a active skill it should probably be like a really advanced version of party heal or if players want more of an attack skill maybe some kind of blinding light attack that injures all nearby enemies and and weakens their defense for a short time. Their active skill should be something like that using light or holy arts since they are holy warriors.