Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Inventory Tab for Bags

ArgenArgen
Mabinogi Rep: 915
edited December 20, 2016 in Feedback and Suggestions
I'll put what I did in the other forum:

"I've seen it suggested by a lot of people as a counter to a lot of suggestions involving inventory related issues. So... what does everyone think? I, for one, have the entirety of my inventory completely full of nothing but bags. It's easy to fill one up and then still need more space, creating a kind of Law of Diminishing Returns where you effectively never have enough room because now your bag needs bags and with only certain bags allowing that, you quickly run out of resources to employ effectively. So, it's only sensible, and efficient, to create an inventory tab for various bags (including doll, material (Wool, Leather, etc.) inventory expansion (Lorna's Adventure Bag, Carasek Bag), and so on.)

What do you all think? I don't see many draw backs from this (if any) but I could be missing something obvious.

P.S. Sorry if this thread has been created before. I didn't see it anywhere and it's always possible that I just overlooked a thread. "

Apparently this is also a thing in the Taiwan servers? So... it's definitely possible.
PeloiFloristDarkpixie99SherriCassaLunatoMercury[Deleted User]pennybrendanathkyoDarkwhipand 6 others.

Comments

• KryoKryo
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,470
    I know this was posted about in the old forums, but I don't see it here in the new one, so: *sucks in air*

When are we going to be able to put bags inside of bags for inventory space?!
    Are we ever going to be able to put bags in our VIP tab (for those of us that use it.)?!
    WE NEED MOAR INVENTORY SPAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAaaaaaaaaaaace :3
  • Darkpixie99Darkpixie99
    Mabinogi Rep: 8,660
    An item called 'Dimensional Stone' would be pretty nice to have, I mean imagine putting all your bags into one small bag in the shape of a rune stone. It would probably have to have some sort of magical backstory and be from an event and available for purchase later on.
    KryoIchigo015Sphyra21
  • ZerukanZerukan
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,280
    It'd be nice to be able to put bags within bags. My inventory space fills up completely with each event and I don't really have anymore room bags.
    Kryo
  • FayeKaibaFayeKaiba
    Mabinogi Rep: 10,670
    I would be up for putting Bags in VIP section, however Bags in a bag is a no. We don't need Bagception~
    KryoGreta
  • Darkpixie99Darkpixie99
    edited December 16, 2016
    FayeKaiba
    FayeKaiba said:

I would be up for putting Bags in VIP section, however Bags in a bag is a no. We don't need Bagception~
    But what if we used my 'Dimensional Stone' idea in an anime tie up event where it could work, like say... Overlord? (even though it's a LN)
  • KryoKryo
    @FayeKaiba well I don't mean you could infinitely put bags in bags in bags in bags, but from videos I've seen from the Korean Servers, I think?, they would open what looks like the beginner medium bag thing and inside would be like herb bag, potion bag, etc. We just need more inventory ;;
  • andrewngn13andrewngn13
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,020
    I mean if we just cut back on all the random things that we're holding onto..

But bags inside bags is already confusing. I would never find my things if it was like that.
  • Darkpixie99Darkpixie99
    edited December 16, 2016
    andrewngn13

But bags inside bags is already confusing. I would never find my things if it was like that.
    It might be, but it's better than waiting on a homestead house revamp that has interior furniture that can store bags, such as a dresser. As long as it's a new bag with a new appearance, it should be fine.
  • KryoKryo
    andrewngn13

But I need my things D:

• LunatoMercuryLunatoMercury
    Mabinogi Rep: 810
    A homestead housing future with a bank like area and furniture would be a lot easier and attractive. I know we have housing features in residential areas, but hardly anyone uses those unless it's for selling. Would be nice to make the housing area in residential areas for "family" like players where others could provide for the household as long as the parent had the vip for housing and a house of course. And the homestead just as a simple banking where you could store your loot(to a certain degree). The bag in a bag just sounds too similar to Tibia, would complicate the life for programmers or service crew when they have to erase an item or check whats the problem in the inventory of the player who requested help for something. -stares at the All Skill Reset capsules- Little demons...

Anyways, as mentioned before, It's best to make some advancement on the homestead instead of the inventory bag over bag things. And seriously, add more content for married couples. Should give something to look forward when they make a family and all that. So do try to make it worth the while for the parents to consider what they can do. Could be quests, more furniture, perhaps a couple of new settings that could apply to the family rule (to make it more strict or with some penalties at least. It looks silly at the moment.) etc.
  • KryoKryo
    But it's already available in other servers. That's why I'm asking for it. How would it complicate things for programmers when it's already programmed into the game? It's just a matter of bringing it over here.
    SherriDarkpixie99
  • SherriSherri
    Mabinogi Rep: 18,615
    Yes please! I'm running out of room just because of the amount of bags on me.. It's getting to the point where I want to scream!
    Maybe expand both the normal and VIP bags? Anything?!
    Shii said:

But it's already available in other servers. That's why I'm asking for it. How would it complicate things for programmers when it's already programmed into the game? It's just a matter of bringing it over here.
    O-O IT IS?!
    That.. would help me a lot. A whole lot.
  • KttyKtty
    Mabinogi Rep: 6,415
    Shii said:

But I need my things D:
    As a fellow hoarder I want more space but...... if I had more space I would hoard more...........

such a VICIOUS cycle!!!
    Kryo
  • KryoKryo

O-O IT IS?!
    That.. would help me a lot. A whole lot.
    Yeah. I saw a video where someone was opening a bag and moar bags were inside filled with items inside. They looked like the ones you get when you make a new character these days.
  • Darkpixie99Darkpixie99
    If it's on another server, the only reason why Nexon hasn't brought it over is pure laziness. If they claim the tech restricts them, it's a pure lie. When one server can do something, so can another.
  • Dai_Mata_ReiDai_Mata_Rei
    Mabinogi Rep: 900
    i'm all for this.
  • SherriSherri
    Mabinogi Rep: 18,615
    edited December 20, 2016
    I support this, especially since you mentioned the fact that it is available on a different Mabinogi server.
    It's ridiculous that they are able to get it but other regional Nexons are lazy.
    Of course, I might add I'm also lazy too so I kinda understand them lol
  • BerryswirlBerryswirl
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,140
    +1 support
  • CassaCassa
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,305
    Support! I love my bags but it's not pretty to look at when I open my inventory for the first time and see nothing but bags! I rarely need to look at just my bags so it would be nice to use that inventory space for things I use frequently without needing to search for them.
  • KryoKryo
    I actually did make this thread, well similar, anyway, from the bags that can hold bags. It was on the second page of this forum: http://forums.mabinogi.nexon.net/discussion/159/bags/p1

But yes, we desperately need this.