Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the Mini-games + Quality of Life Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/91106/mini-games-quality-of-life-update-patch-notes-april-11th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

MabiNovel

AmelinaAmelina
Mabinogi Rep: 1,400
in General Chat
Okay, so when MabiNovel first came out there were so many pages of it that you'd literally need to click the arrow at the bottom to show more.....now there's 2 pages and the 2nd page isn't even full, at least that's how it is in Tarlach...

Why do people hate MabiNovel so much? I personally love it, its another thing to do besides fighting and grinding......i mean sure there's Festia but that's limited, sure there's squires but that's also limited cause of time, and renown is also limited! Homesteads are HUGELY limited. And yeah MabiNovel is limited to one book per week but that's fiiiine! More time to be creative!

Sure it's limited as well but everyone loves the other things! What's wrong with MabiNovel!?

PS: General Chat and Town Square have me real confused, General Chat is for Anything Mabinogi right?
YokotiSherri

Comments

• GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    edited April 8, 2017
    It's not like i hate MabiNovel, i just got more important things to do in Mabinogi or in real life than reading a fan made story. When first MabiNovels came out, the board in Alexina was so full of trolling, hate and crappy few second stories with swearing, so i thought "Yup, these novels are waste of time to read". After that, i totally forget about them or i just got no time since i got more other things to do, also i'm not into fan made stories and such...
    Yokoti
  • AmelinaAmelina
    edited April 8, 2017
    I personally made my own world in it where things happen out of order, disregarding the actual story. I tried to make a funny one but its not like anyone is reading it.........plus its going to have so many parts....it would be nice if we were allowed longer dialouges...

I however do understand what you mean...I guess. Dailies alone take quite a long time, not to mention real life.
  • IyasenuIyasenu
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,265
    I just wish the Collection books were usable items to unlock the portraits/backgrounds/bgm.

Having them all at once takes up so much space, that even the Aeira's Bookbag can't hold them all.
    Which means any Novels you write or scribe also can't fit inside.

Though, I've found a few Novels people have written and I keep those liked ones on certain pets.
    GretaAlmostNotsuperSherri
  • AmelinaAmelina
    I agree with you on the unlock thing as well...they really do take up far too much space...I also wish they had it organized alphabetically like they somewhat do with the names.
  • YokotiYokoti
    Mabinogi Rep: 960
    MabiNovels..... I made one... Its sucky but it's fun to make them. But some people don't put efffort in their MabiNovels and make them garbage. :s
  • StagedNoteStagedNote
    Mabinogi Rep: 860
    Huh, didn't know people still payed attention to MabiNovel, let alone hate on it xD But here's a list of some things I don't like about MabiNovel...

• Not particularly working text editor on lines you've submitted. So, you've finished your novel, but upon proofreading it, you've got a typo on line 17? And your MabiNovel has the max (40) number of lines to submit? Having to delete lines 17 -40 and rewrite them is NOT fun.
    • Agreed, having to have the books in your inventory to unlock scenes/BGMs take up a lot of space, and I don't think having all the books (or at least all the ones listen on wiki ._.) covers every area in Mabi..
    • Would help if the BGMs/Backgrounds/NPC lists were in alphabetical order...but they're not.
    • Memes/Clickbait titles---just kidding xD This is just kinda expected here--anyone can post anything on the MabiNovel board, but if you're just posting something for the quest (...I recall there was some sort of quest for it..), I think there IS a "Remove" button, so you can remove your silly junk/quest/whatever post off the board ._.
  • BlissfulkillBlissfulkill
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,425
    I am not creative. That is why.
  • AmelinaAmelina
    edited April 10, 2017
    Yeah I agree Staged, all those are literally the same things that make me not like MabiNovel as much....is there even a book with Lorna and Pan in it? Or a book with Falias and Nemeton? Or even like EVERY dungeon.

Blissful I'm sure you can just smack in Awakened Tarlach talking to I dunno Mari and destroy time and space.......OH WAIT IS MARI EVEN IN A BOOK!?
  • XiokunXiokun
    Mabinogi Rep: 11,100
    I'd rather program my own easy Visual Novel with the mabinogi characters (And myself) inside it with the ability to draw whatever I feel like. MabiNovel is too restricting for my creative mind.

My story would go a little like this, if you dare to read it.
    I would love to make a story all about you, the protagonist, buying a maid, expecting to see a cutsy, big breasted woman come to your call so you can spam buy feathers and grind for gifts... but NAY! Out comes a brawnie, huge, strong, handsome giant named Xiokun in the most short skirt frilly dress ever SEEEEEEN on a maid with a gigantic Step 7 Fanatic able to slay the hardest girgashy in one single blow, sheathed on their back! Together you would work to gain my friendship levels so we could destroy ALL of Erinn's field bosses together filled with heroic action! Tragedy! Hope! Inspiration! Kawaii! AND BLOOODSHEEEED.

BUUUUUUUUUUUUT I'm sure Mabinogi isn't ready for something that extreme.
    GretaSherri
  • AmelinaAmelina
    I practically made a different world in my stories, its a world where stories collide in impossible ways XD.....I made Adniel eat a Ceassair, that should say enough LOL
    Greta
  • StagedNoteStagedNote
    Mabinogi Rep: 860
    edited April 11, 2017
    "Amelina wrote: »
    IS MARI EVEN IN A BOOK!?
    ...Think she's in the G1 book. xD
  • BlissfulkillBlissfulkill
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,425
    Amelina wrote: »
    Yeah I agree Staged, all those are literally the same things that make me not like MabiNovel as much....is there even a book with Lorna and Pan in it? Or a book with Falias and Nemeton? Or even like EVERY dungeon.

Blissful I'm sure you can just smack in Awakened Tarlach talking to I dunno Mari and destroy time and space.......OH WAIT IS MARI EVEN IN A BOOK!?

Advent of the Goddess Collection Book - Given by Kristell.
    Knight of Light Collection Book - Given by Price.
    Dark Knight Collection Book - Given by James.
    Alchemist Collection Book - Given by Andras.
    Goddess of Light Collection Book - Given by Padan.
    Sword of the Gods Collection Book - Given by Sinead.
    Return of the Hero Collection Book - Given by Sinead.
    Hamlet Collection Book - Given by Marlowe.
    Romeo and Juliet Collection Book - Given by Lanier.
    Merchant of Venice Collection Book - Given by Marlowe.
    Macbeth Collection Book - Given by Admiral Owen.
    Saga: Iria Collection Book - Given by Shamala.
    Saga: Iria 2 Collection Book - Given by Berched.
    The Divine Knights Collection Book - Given by Eirawen.
    Sanctuary Gate Collection Book - Exchanged by Shuan via Shuan's Information for 5 Basic Baltane Seals.
  • AmelinaAmelina
    I have them all I just didn't bother to check if she was even in it.