Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

So.. When are the reforge bot shops going to die?

Comments

• HarukariHarukari
    Mabinogi Rep: 8,470
    edited April 8, 2017
    Meh. I buy from them as well. Cheap is good.
    Especially when I'm the type of player that spams shadow missions almost everyday to get my gold. I don't gach and sell off what I get. (Very rare when I do gach, whenever I buy NX I buy pets or pon)

Now, if it was threatening to buy from a bots shop and they could somehow hack your account, that'd be a different story.
    But I think for now it's safe. But dunno for sure.
  • FoxgirlkatieFoxgirlkatie
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,055
    havnt noticed them but if alot of them are constantly restocking then ya. seems they do have a lot of business from garbage players.

because really if you have to spend $100 or whatever bucks on reforges chances are your pretty darn bad at the game needing to Compensate for your lack of skill via P2W.

what funny is ive been playing for years and have not spent a dime on reforges and 95% of my power comes from my stats ive built up over the years and i do as good if not better then the people buying reforges left and right.
    Greta
  • dowiedowie
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,800
    gold sellers make too much money easy from this
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
    Ok I am starting to notice the random letter names now. There are a couple of them in Ruairi. Damn.
    Greta
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    I funded bots, does that make me terrorist? Got fh dura 17 on my rka...

NO REGRETS! >_<
    Yaoren
  • dowiedowie
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,800
    Only one that loses is Nexon so unless they do something about it who curr
  • FroglordFroglord
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,020
    edited April 10, 2017
    The sad thing is, is that Nexon actively reads the forums, so they know threads like this exist but refuse to do clean-up work in game. Like this is clearly some RWT scheme going on, which is illegal, and they aren't doing anything to fix it.
    Greta
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    edited April 10, 2017
    Froglord wrote: »
    The sad thing is, is that Nexon actively reads the forums, so they know threads like this exist but refuse to do clean-up work in game. Like this is clearly some RWT scheme going on, which is illegal, and they aren't doing anything to fix it.

Sometimes they are not allowed to comment about these issues. I can assure you that they do attempt to combat stuff like this. But you and I know it will forever be a never ending issue.
  • FroglordFroglord
    edited April 16, 2017
    HHoooCB.jpg

This is normally how many bots there are at one time, provided there isn't a combo-pack sale that includes enchant pots, notorious powders, rb potions etc etc.

Nexon, ban these bots please.
    Greta
  • EllisyaEllisya
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,525
    edited April 16, 2017
    Few things.

1. How can you tell those are actual bots or players who want to sell cash shop items?
    2. Selling cash shop item with their own NX is not illegal activity
    3. Either way people will buy cash shop item when they need.
    4. We know you need those reforges and enchant protection pot when you are not planning to buy NX

I don't mind cheap cash shop items as long as they just sell stuffs with their own money. Only part Nexon gotta do is that catching out those gold/nx sellers including Mabinogi Market facebook site.
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    HHoooCB.jpg

This is normally how many bots there are at one time, provided there isn't a combo-pack sale that includes enchant pots, notorious powders, rb potions etc etc.

I don't like how they take out so many shop spots....
    SylviaWolfe
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    edited April 17, 2017
    HHoooCB.jpg

We're allowed to have alts. If whoever is selling cash shop items via a bunch of alts and laptops or windows tablets with their own money, then it's a legit operation. Not only that, they are supporting the game. There is nothing you can do about it, and quite frankly...I don't want them to do anything about it.

Cheap cash shop items make having high end gear possible. I never thought in million years I would have a pretty decent final hit set. But dream is now reality and...I'm happy. I am sure there are lots of other happy players out there too because of these "bots".

Lets stop calling them bots btw. Bots are a little more complicated than that.

Also if you get whoever is doing this banned, there is going to be a HUGE chargeback that the billing department is not going to be happy with.

[Deleted User]TheDumbOne
  • FroglordFroglord
    edited April 17, 2017
    This is so obviously shady though.

Do you expect someone to go onto 6 ~ 15 accounts at once, spend cash on thousands of reforges each month and sell them at that price?

There is some real world trading going on behind the scenes, someone's buying nx online either by steam or online retailer and they're pumping money they've gotten though selling gold into buying nx for reforges to sell those reforges, to sell the gold for irl $$$ to other shady players, to use that money to complete the cycle all over again.

This is a serious thing that needs to be addressed.
    Twelie
  • BlissfulkillBlissfulkill
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,425
    They are definitely space hogging either way. Not sure if I can blame Nexon or those players.

I mean seriously. Trying to sell on another Market Channel is a literal waste of gold.
  • XiokunXiokun
    Mabinogi Rep: 11,100
    I don't care if it's bots or alts. I like my drugs stuff cheap. They're not hurting anybody.
    SylviaWolfe[Deleted User]
  • ShouKShouK
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,735
    havnt noticed them but if alot of them are constantly restocking then ya. seems they do have a lot of business from garbage players.

because really if you have to spend $100 or whatever bucks on reforges chances are your pretty darn bad at the game needing to Compensate for your lack of skill via P2W.

what funny is ive been playing for years and have not spent a dime on reforges and 95% of my power comes from my stats ive built up over the years and i do as good if not better then the people buying reforges left and right.
    Way to generalise. You have been playing for years. Years. Meaning you basically said it's taking years to get to where you are now. Some people just want to take a shortcut because they have some extra money or whatever. It's their money. Why do you even care? Naw, if it's those players that's like having R1 in life skills without ever touching them and having OP gear despite just joined Mabi and bragged and degraded other players, I can understand. However, there do exist people who don't have the luxury to spend all their time on Mabi and decided to just P2W. As they say, time is money.
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    Xiokun wrote: »
    I don't care if it's bots or alts. I like my drugs stuff cheap. They're not hurting anybody.

It kinda hurt to reforge merchants who used to sell Fine Reforges for 500-600k before all these alt players came in, but reforge addicts will love them since they sell Fine Reforges for 350-450k.
    Crimsọn
  • GenuisenieGenuisenie
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,190
    Personally as long as no exploitation or duplication is going on, I'm fine with cheap reforges. I'm getting annoyed by the constant rise in their price and them being sold for 500k a pop. I'd rather pay 100k less.
    Greta
  • XiokunXiokun
    Mabinogi Rep: 11,100
    Greta wrote: »
    Xiokun wrote: »

It kinda hurt to reforge merchants who used to sell Fine Reforges for 500-600k before all these alt players came in, but reforge addicts will love them since they sell Fine Reforges for 350-450k.

True, it does hurt other businesses who sell Fine Reforges to get by, but for someone like me who just doesn't have the NX to buy Reforges myself all the time, it feels nice to finally have them cheap enough where I can buy them and finally know what it feels like to have a nice boost on equipment to catch up with everyone else when I want to go to Rabbie Phanstam or MA.

On Mari, (At least how I've been noticing), there's only been one or two reforge shops at a time there, and when they're gone, they're gone, and that means it gives a chance for other reforge selling players to step in because when everyone comes to Belvast, they'll be eager for more cheap reforges right then and there, but they'll see there's no alt reforge shops. That's when they can sell their reforges a little more higher than the alts because they know that they'll catch the eager shoppers who can't wait right in. I know people say they restock, but I've seen some days where once they're out they just poof for the rest of the day.
  • FloristFlorist
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,535
    It's more of a blessing than a curse, in my honest opinion.
    It's nice to see prices for even the littlest things like Enchant Protection Pots and Trade Unlocks going for half the price they were before (I know the peddler event has a bit of play with this, but lets face it, these shops were always around..)

Its unfair to the people who would buy reforges and sell for 500k-600k, I agree, But it's an economy, everything fluctuates. Same with gacha! One day an outfit can be 20m, it comes out in gacha next week and it's suddenly 5m.
    Welcome to your tiny abode.
    Prices being lowered is very much needed on Ruairi. Not everyone has the gold to buy all these needed items. It just makes things a little easier.. I see it more as fixing the economy we screwed up, than breaking it even further.
    Most times I question whether I should blow $10 on a NX card to buy a Enchant Protection Pot instead of wasting 3-4m because gold is more essential, & needed than my hard earned money..

We don't know if it's actual players creating alts and selling these items. Pretty sure there's a limit on how much NX you can buy daily/monthly.. Though, What these people do with their money is none of our business. If they work hard for it, let them be. Like most of us, blowing $50 on the newest gacha.

I'm not for, nor against bot shops (or these "player shops"). If it's truly bots, you know the ones who spam advertise for selling gold, then Nexon should do something. I have so many blacklisted because you can't even hold a small conversation without opening the log [Which freezes my entire PC for atleast a minute]. Buying Gold from them is against ToS, and I hate to see people caught in their trap. If it's actual player just using alts, we can't do anything but accept it (&praisetheloweredprices!)

That's all.. have a fox. ♥
    4844.png
    Xiokun