Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Superstitions about special up and repairs?

ShouKShouK
Mabinogi Rep: 4,735
in General Chat
I just got my sword down to level 0 yesterday after stupidly being confident to continue after it reached level 2 (to save from using more lucky stones). Tried to get it back to 2 but yea went to 0 instead and now I'm out of stones. I can never reach level 3 and I can never understand how people can get it to level 5 without using lucky stones...

After a lot of events came out that forced players to do shadow missions, my expensive gear finally near to 0 durability, so I won't do any hard/difficult runs again until there's another 100% repair event again.. I heard there's less chance for Edern or etc npcs to break your gear if you repair it point by point instead of all in one, is that true?

Do you have any superstitions about these things?

Comments

• JJJJ
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,400
    edited April 10, 2017
    The special upgrades, I've gone through dozens of stacks of stones and never gotten past level 2. I've given up trying to go further without lucky upgrade stones.

Blessing halves the chance to fail a repair point. If the NPC fails a repair it removes the blessing. With a complete repair it doesn't give you a chance to re-bless. If you do point by point you can re-bless it before the next point.
    Xiokun
  • TsumikkiTsumikki
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,200
    Superstitions about special upgrades? to not try that unless i have two stacks of stones, stop at 4 and wait for the event.
    And I failed a lot one Saturday so saturdays are out the question now.
  • SplatulatedSplatulated
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,930
    Get to step to and use events to get luckies

Only took me 5 regs and 3 luckies to step 5
  • TheNyanCatTheNyanCat
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,665
    I just think of special upgrading as a scam that occasionally delivers.
  • OhohonigiriOhohonigiri
    Mabinogi Rep: 600
    edited April 10, 2017
    I like to go to a Shadow Mission (Dorren's Request), use Rain Casting, play a Harvest Song, and hope I get 5 steps.

If I fail a step, I just try again an hour later doing the same thing. Somehow this has worked for a dozen or so weapons I've tried special upgrading.

...though I've never had a Step 2+ shuriken ever :|
  • AlmostNotsuperAlmostNotsuper
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,240
    edited April 10, 2017
    Depends on what I happen to be thinking at the time. I tend to associate certain locations with a higher chance of success for no reason at all, but the location differs with every attempt. Something like "Hmm, I feel like Shadow Taillteann or Qilla would be lucky for me today."
  • XiokunXiokun
    Mabinogi Rep: 11,100
    I hear if you kneel by your bed and pray to our lord and savior RNGesus Cripes your success rate goes up by a whole .015% on a Thursday at exactly 1:05am PST.

Don't miss it.
    YokkaichiAlof
  • LidrsterLidrster
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,830
    I just had a bit of fun coding a simulator and ran it a thousand times.
    In average, it requires 32 stones and 1.1m to reach step 5.

But if you're unlucky...
    6eoMcdE.png
    Tsumikki
  • XiokunXiokun
    Lidrster wrote: »
    I just had a bit of fun coding a simulator and ran it a thousand times.
    In average, it requires 32 stones and 1.1m to reach step 5.

But if you're unlucky...
    6eoMcdE.png

What?! No way. I spent nearly 40 or more stones just to get my Step 3 Wand to step 0 then back to step 3 again. Maybe I'm just unlucky with stones to no end.
  • HarukariHarukari
    Mabinogi Rep: 8,470
    edited April 10, 2017
    I just rely on getting stones of luck from events or my Laigh partner.
    There have been so many times where I spent so much on stones and upgrading and not even get past step 1.

As for weapons. I just use a dagger and bash. I don't like to bring out my good gear unless I really need too. My elfboy usually carries me though, lol. I'm weak :)
    Greta
  • ZephyrsongishnotmehZephyrsongishnotmeh
    Mabinogi Rep: 750
    meh just be thankful we don't have to deal with+15-20 type of upgrading system where your success rates are like 17% and failure means losing max dura on your item. 45% chance for step 6 is damn good imo, even 30% for step 7 is pretty reasonable.
  • AeolysAeolys
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,115
    Remember once upon a time when people thought repair rates are lowered during rain?
  • XiokunXiokun
    meh just be thankful we don't have to deal with+15-20 type of upgrading system where your success rates are like 17% and failure means losing max dura on your item. 45% chance for step 6 is damn good imo, even 30% for step 7 is pretty reasonable.

You're right. 45% is reasonable for step 6.
    But not for no step 2 with it's 50% chance. >_>
  • ShaeliShaeli
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,430
    I won't even try to go past step 2 without protection/lucky stones. Winning that coinflip twice in a row is hard enough.
    Xiokun
  • ShouKShouK
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,735
    Shaeli wrote: »
    I won't even try to go past step 2 without protection/lucky stones. Winning that coinflip twice in a row is hard enough.
    Eh what protection stones gives 100% chances at step below 5?
  • SplatulatedSplatulated
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,930

ShouK wrote: »
    Shaeli wrote: »
    Eh what protection stones gives 100% chances at step below 5?

all of them?

they dont work on steps 5 and onwards or if they do its rob like using a regular stone

• PolicromaPolicroma
    Mabinogi Rep: 6,730
    I remember someone having a superstition that gacha upgrade stones worked better than ones found in-game.
  • dowiedowie
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,800
    edited April 11, 2017
    The thing about percentages is the amount of tries you have to run( usually quite a large number) for it to average out the given numbers meaning rng can be very mean to you or very nice.
  • HazurahHazurah
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,570
    give up on my just-upgraded 3+ staff, (After RNG told me to go back from4+ to Zero), and use 2 lucky stone
    now for the protection stone from event (In Progress)