Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!
Closed

Sadness ;; (Can a mod close this please)

Comments

• BlissfulkillBlissfulkill
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,425
    edited April 10, 2017
    Pikal wrote: »
    Hino is sweet guy. But hes also sadist af and enjoy other people misery sometimes. He is just his own little spice of life. He is not a jerk though. Just ask him niceley, and if he still saids no, ill smack him for ya.

So, basically trolling? Assuming an extreme position with such vigor is not the way to go when no one is advocating such a measure in the first place. No one is saying it is rude to drop items in itself, but to to hoard it or let it waste without any use for yourself when someone expresses a desire for said item who would find more use of it. I believe Amelina was advocating being nice, not entitlement.

One of the worsts parts of gluttony is hoarding items you do not use but prevent anyone else from using them as well. I find that legal protection applies, but it does not make you any less of a jerk, it is just spiteful, petty, and downright greed without reason.
    Greta
  • XiokunXiokun
    Mabinogi Rep: 11,100
    There's no need for name calling and personal jabs. If you really want to keep up with the debate on if it's rude or not rude to drop items around people, take it to a private message. That's the beauty of it. You can say whatever you want without threads getting the yellow tape on the derail crash site. :-) Now that @Kyro got their dye and seems pretty content, I don't see a reason why the thread shouldn't be naturaly let alone to simmer down deeper in the pages.

But since this thread IS about dyes, how about we talk about something else dye related? :-) Like tips on how to get 3/5 black dyes off a regular? Because I could use that.
    KryoGreta
  • ZephyrsongishnotmehZephyrsongishnotmeh
    Mabinogi Rep: 750
    edited April 10, 2017
    Hinotama wrote: »
    I drop dyes often at belvast bank and then when I see people come up and ask me if they could have them, I either say yes or no. Most of the time it is no. If I drop them, then they stay dropped.

You Anarchist

Oh and remember you can be that guy who cooks a BD heart.
    or 3

Xiokun wrote: »
    There's no need for name calling and personal jabs. If you really want to keep up with the debate on if it's rude or not rude to drop items around people, take it to a private message. That's the beauty of it. You can say whatever you want without threads getting the yellow tape on the derail crash site. :-) Now that @Kyro got their dye and seems pretty content, I don't see a reason why the thread shouldn't be naturaly let alone to simmer down deeper in the pages.

But since this thread IS about dyes, how about we talk about something else dye related? :-) Like tips on how to get 3/5 black dyes off a regular? Because I could use that.

*Sees Trolling attempting to cause butthurt to feed on
    *Knows it is trolling because someone said so
    *Gets butthurt anyway, because of the intent to troll

Damn, I am stupid. :(
  • TwelieTwelie
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,840
    edited April 10, 2017
    While I don't really think it's rude, I just find it extremely depressing to look at. I don't understand why these items cannot be picked up after x amount of time, and only traded, especially when I do see so many drops.

It's rude to taunt them and make fun of them, but not necessarily to drop. I find it saddening because I always try to use the thing I get to the fullest and be frugal. I like to share equipment and dyes with other people if I have no need for them, or make money so I can get other things to also share with people/needed for myself.

I guess it's a matter of the way I was brought up. (Considering I'm also the type to hoard "useless" gems and pot in fishing events, and end up holding more than I could ever use.)
    Greta
    edited April 10, 2017
    Twelie wrote: »
    While I don't really think it's rude, I just find it extremely depressing to look at. I don't understand why these items cannot be picked up after x amount of time, and only traded, especially when I do see so many drops.

It's rude to taunt them and make fun of them, but not necessarily to drop. I find it saddening because I always try to use the thing I get to the fullest and be frugal. I like to share equipment and dyes with other people if I have no need for them, or make money so I can get other things to also share with people/needed for myself.

I guess it's a matter of the way I was brought up. (Considering I'm also the type to hoard "useless" gems and pot in fishing events, and end up holding more than I could ever use.)

It may be rude, depending on the circumstances. Refusing someone use to a thing after they have asked you for , than choosing to throw away is a jerk move.

"Can I have the second half of your sandwich?"
    "No"
    *Throws Away

It acts without regard to another's feelings without any logical dictating it. Of course, it depends to an extent on the reasoning behind it, and wording. Dropping it in front of them after they ask is a pretty jerkish move. It is just spite, and spite is meaningless and petty.
    Greta
  • TwelieTwelie
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,840
    Twelie wrote: »

It may be rude, depending on the circumstances. Refusing someone use to a thing after they have asked you for , than choosing to throw away is a jerk move.

"No"
    *Throws Away

It acts without regard to another's feelings without any logical dictating it. Of course, it depends to an extent on the reasoning behind it, and wording. Dropping it in front of them after they ask is a pretty jerkish move. It is just spite, and spite is meaningless and petty.

"It's rude to taunt them and make fun of them, but not necessarily to drop."
    ^^ This includes simply not listening to their request as well. Should have clarified.
  • AlmostNotsuperAlmostNotsuper
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,240
    It may be rude, depending on the circumstances. Refusing someone use to a thing after they have asked you rather throw away is a jerk move.

"No"
    *Throws Away

It's not about spite. It's about that feeling of power and affluence. =3=

"You want this dye?"
    "Yes pweeeaaase >w<"
    "...Then get on my level, pleb."
    *proceeds to drop more dyes and stuff (some of which I actually need 'cause I can't replace it) just to show off and make some noob cry moar*
    Greta
  • KryoKryo
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,470
    edited April 10, 2017
    Okay, yall are going back off topic and I'm going to ask that a Mod closes this thread.
  • FayeKaibaFayeKaiba
    Mabinogi Rep: 10,670
    This infuriates to all hells end. I have been told that people have burned and dropped the dye I want all because they dont like seeing people wear the damn color. I have even offered people 1mil per dyes before and people have still said no. I guess people don't want money but people who do blatantly refuse to want money is stupid. I even asked someone how they would fell if I dropped dyes they wanted because I dont want to see others wear them, how they would feel and the person replied with that they would be angry.
    edited April 10, 2017
    FayeKaiba wrote: »
    This infuriates to all hells end. I have been told that people have burned and dropped the dye I want all because they dont like seeing people wear the damn color. I have even offered people 1mil per dyes before and people have still said no. I guess people don't want money but people who do blatantly refuse to want money is stupid. I even asked someone how they would fell if I dropped dyes they wanted because I dont want to see others wear them, how they would feel and the person replied with that they would be angry.
    It's not about spite. It's about that feeling of power and affluence. =3=

"You want this dye?"
    "Yes pweeeaaase >w<"
    "...Then get on my level, pleb."
    *proceeds to drop more dyes and stuff (some of which I actually need 'cause I can't replace it) just to show off and make some noob cry moar*

Replace spite with money in your case, I guess.
  • KouyioueKouyioue
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,030
    edited April 10, 2017
    I have multiple dye wells. But I don't ever plan on reinstalling this game ;)
    Maybe in 2018. But I heinously doubt that.

But more to the point. I don't really mind players that refuse and can probably relate, as I used to regularly see the tir players talk crap about their supposed trades regarding newcomers and player loot. Meh. Ulterior motives from people who sugarcoat their social interactions. Most don't deserve a fair trade even if they're pretending to be nice to your face

It's really a joy when you find something on the ground that IS grabbable though. I got an awesome unisex suit+pants for a female char once :)
    People seem to drop all of the good stuff because they prefer those overdesigned merlin-recolors
  • KryoKryo
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,470
    Please stop posting in this thread if you're being negative, trying to get a mod to close it to prevent more meanieness
    I'm not being negative. I'm having fun.

Please don't close this thread. ;3;
    Greta
  • FayeKaibaFayeKaiba
    Mabinogi Rep: 10,670
    I really hope this thread doesn't close. There is no point in having it closed down. Ignore the people being rude and just move on. I mean if this thread closes someone can remake it because the point of this thread was to express the dislike of people dropping things that cant be picked up. People who are being rude can just be ignored.
    Greta
  • ShoogShoog
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,535
    Kryo wrote: »
    Please stop posting in this thread if you're being negative, trying to get a mod to close it to prevent more meanieness

@Kryo In the future if you notice any issues within threads, you can report the posts using the Report button below the post(s) in question so that it will notify forum moderators.
    KryoHumiliating
This discussion has been closed.