Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the Mini-games + Quality of Life Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/91106/mini-games-quality-of-life-update-patch-notes-april-11th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!
Closed

Any Other Good MMORPG's to Try Out? :)

XiokunXiokun
Mabinogi Rep: 11,100
in Town Square
I've been wanting to try out other mmorpg's while I take a break from mabinogi for a while. I've done some searching but I keep getting titles I've already heard of like Elsword, Festia, Aion, Tera, stuff like that... just names I hear way too often. I want to hear about mmorpg's I may not have seen before in recommendation videos and mmo sites that fit in these categories;
  • FREE.
  • English
  • Already released/going to be released SOON. (And that doesn't mean 2+ years soon.)
  • Anime / Semi - Anime-ish Style
  • Open World
  • The world isn't just confied to dungeons
  • A wide variety of character customization
  • Good Graphics
  • Good Combat
  • No auto combat. (Aka those games where you click an enemy and it automatically hits the enemy over and over until it dies, and the only input is you pressing a shiny button for a sparkly skill... oh, and you have no way of dodging or blocking other than RnG you raise by Dex. :/ )
  • A community that is willing to talk to others in a generally kind way. (At least the majority.)
  • An active community in general.
  • Decent Plot
  • Not PvP heavy. (aka no games that force you to pvp others or shove it too hard in your face.)

Games I like:
  • Mabinogi (of course. :D)
  • Blade and Soul (For the graphics, character customization, and PvE combat. Can't say much about the community there because the game just feels like one of those games you play yourself.)
  • Onigiri (The character customization isn't very good compared to other games I've played but I like the music, npc art, and most of all the combat.)
Games I don't like:
  • Aura Kingdom (Too cutesy, too auto combat heavy, and not much character customization. The graphics are pretty though.)
  • Asda 2 (I doubt many of you heard of this one, but it's pretty much Aura Kingdom but worse. :S)
  • Dragon's Nest (I only played a little bit but the game never caught me because the world was too small to me, and too restricted to dungeons. Also the character customization wasn't too great in my tastes. The combat was nice, at least.)
Based on all that, how can ya help me out?! :D

Comments

• BerryswirlBerryswirl
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,140
    edited December 20, 2016
    Try Tera if you havn't, it's open world, char creation is not bad, the storyline is really good and changes depending on what race/class you pick. Also free :D.

Combat wise you can actually avoid damage by moving around the enemy, use your surroundings to your advantage.
  • SherriSherri
    Mabinogi Rep: 18,615
    Uhh.. Legend of Edda, MapleStory.. that's all I can think of.
    /I know, I'm no help at all. >.>
  • Morbious17Morbious17
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,260

Unfortunately, it's against the rules to promote non-Nexon games.

- We do not allow the promotion of referral websites, phishing websites, or other malicious links.
    - This also includes threads that that intentionally promote ("advertise") non-Nexon games. If you would like to share a fansite, please do not spam.

I know that might not be a popular rule, but it's still a rule. I think talking about other games is fine, but don't post any links to non-Nexon game content or tell others to go look at that content.

• BerryswirlBerryswirl
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,140
    Morbious17

- We do not allow the promotion of referral websites, phishing websites, or other malicious links.
    - This also includes threads that that intentionally promote ("advertise") non-Nexon games. If you would like to share a fansite, please do not spam.

I know that might not be a popular rule, but it's still a rule. I think talking about other games is fine, but don't post any links to non-Nexon game content or tell others to go look at that content.

Whoops. xD Thanks Morbi
  • Morbious17Morbious17
    No problem. I'm not a huge fan of the rule, but I get it. Nexon doesn't want people to leave or have their competition promoted on their own website.
    Zarozian
  • LiberateLiberate
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,360
    MMOs have been really bad in recent years, the only one that I can truly recommend is Dungeon Fighter Online, mainly because the gameplay is fun, the end-game is a challenge, and is managed and ran well by Neople (KR Nexon devs). But OP you will probably not like it as much because it's heavily a dungeon crawler. The only real decent up-to-date animeish open world game I can think of is FF14, but that's P2P.

I'm trying to find that type of F2P MMO world as well, but most of them end up being very repetitive and anti-social. From Black Desert, to ArcheAge, and even Tree of Savior, where most of these games listed have various downfalls that's related to the publisher's and dev's incompetence and greed.
  • mintielmintiel
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,855

MapleStory
    DON'T DO IT XIO

Xiokun
  • thebrainthebrain
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,570
    edited December 20, 2016

O_o interesting. that is for shame. can't even talk about other games like ss.
  • XiokunXiokun
    Mabinogi Rep: 11,100

Oh oops. :x I'm sorry! I didn't know that.

Welp you can delete this thread if you want. Sorry about that. ^^'
  • Morbious17Morbious17
    It's fine. I needed to know where to draw the line as well. I'll go ahead and lock this thread. Remember, if you want to talk about games, that's fine. Just don't post any links or promote those games.
This discussion has been closed.