Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!
Closed

Was MOONGATE BOOK...

CrimsọnCrimsọn
Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
edited July 19, 2017 in General Chat
...permanently canceled? You weren't really clear whether or not we will get it in the future.

Comments

• LeineiLeinei
    Mabinogi Rep: 16,440
    Maybe we are getting the update from the stream in parts? Maybe they thought we wouldn't be ok with a longer maintenance than five hours. -shrugs-
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Leinei wrote: »
    Maybe we are getting the update from the stream in parts? Maybe they thought we wouldn't be ok with a longer maintenance than five hours. -shrugs-

I would of been fine with it. We've had way worse.
  • BlissfulkillBlissfulkill
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,425
    They stated that certain events are to go into effect next week. This may refer to shop items like the Homestead expansion.
    Xiokun
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    They stated that certain events are to go into effect next week. This may refer to shop items like the Homestead expansion.

I hope so. I want to make my fairy forest more foresty. Where did they say that?
  • BlissfulkillBlissfulkill
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,425
    Gaea wrote: »

I hope so. I want to make my fairy forest more foresty. Where did they say that?

The Moon gate book particularly was not in effect for several reasons that Saygo did not explain.

http://forums.mabinogi.nexon.net/discussion/comment/28262/#Comment_28262

I think I am mistaken on the Homestead Expansion, but it may be true.
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    edited April 15, 2017
    Gaea wrote: »

The Moon gate book particularly was not in effect for several reasons that Saygo did not explain.

http://forums.mabinogi.nexon.net/discussion/comment/28262/#Comment_28262

I think I am mistaken on the Homestead Expansion, but it may be true.

Yes I remember that comment and he makes it sound like we can't get it, and also they will try not to stream stuff that we can't get. So I just want confirmation if we're going to get those updates or not.

Pick one of two answers please...
    "We can't implement them." (Fine, I won't even ask why, because Nexon).
    "Those updates will be coming very soon." (Like reasonably soon).

That way we can move on.
  • AavaAava
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,085
    I think the reason why we didn't get the HS expansion is because of the Peddler Event.
    KR got the Spring Event that gives HS props with the HS expansion.. since the Spring Event is an afk event like the Peddler Event, they probably were not able to run both at the same time.

I'm hoping we get it next week owo/
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Aava wrote: »
    I think the reason why we didn't get the HS expansion is because of the Peddler Event.
    KR got the Spring Event that gives HS props with the HS expansion.. since the Spring Event is an afk event like the Peddler Event, they probably were not able to run both at the same time.

I'm hoping we get it next week owo/

I hope so too, and the moongate book.
  • BerryswirlBerryswirl
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,140
    Gimme hs expansion aaahhhh
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Berryswirl wrote: »
    Gimme hs expansion aaahhhh

I know! I'll be able to see less desert! Hnnnnnng!
  • NegumikoNegumiko
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,775
    hopefully the hs expansion passes will be a permanent item in the NX shop. I would rather wait a month or two longer before buying them and some players may not have the required homestead lvl to use them yet.
  • LeineiLeinei
    Mabinogi Rep: 16,440
    edited April 16, 2017
    Yeah, I think that would be ridiculous if those expansions were a limited time item.

Also, what's the big deal about getting this Moon Book? There are already Moon Gates and Mana Tunnels everywhere. =T
    Greta
  • FeliceFelice
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,790
    Also, what's the big deal about getting this Moon Book? There are already Moon Gates and Mana Tunnels everywhere. =T

The big "Thing" about the moongate book, is that it will allow you to teleport from any location, to a moongate or mana tunnel. Players under Total Level 1000, are given this book for free, and can use it for free to quickly get about. They are also given a teleport stone to return them to Tir Square.

What we were meant to get, was a Moongate Book that was usable by players over Total Level 1000, at the cost of a gold fee, most likely based on distance from desired target gate.
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    edited April 16, 2017
    Yeah, I think that would be ridiculous if those expansions were a limited time item.

Agree, we already have ton of Moongates/Mana Tunnels and some veterans still complain that newbies under 1k have this book. Remember times when we had wayyyy less Moongates/Mana tunnels and they were only available during in-game night/day? Yeah, i remember... Back when people used to travel more with mounts and some more experienced people would carry newer players through all of those gates so they could mark them all. Good times...
    AeolysMazuiTheNyanCatSpiritikaKaiityyZombiie
  • badnewsbarrettbadnewsbarrett
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,890

Honestly, just because of how useful it is. I joined before the moonbook was given out so I was using tunnels/gates as well, then I got the book and it's just so much easier and quicker to get around. Plus there's no need for continent warping with it.

The only reason I'm trying to stay below 1k is because I don't want to lose my book. I hate running around for tunnels/gates now. If we ever do get it for players above 1k, then I'll allow myself to actively try to level up.
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    edited April 16, 2017

The only reason I'm trying to stay below 1k is because I don't want to lose my book. I hate running around for tunnels/gates now. If we ever do get it for players above 1k, then I'll allow myself to actively try to level up.

Losing game progress just for a less seconds of traveling is a silly choice in my opinion. I just mark all gates until i get to 1k total and just move on with it. I also use Moongates to travel around Uladh/Belvast and it's not that bad like you think. If i wan't to save Continent Warp then i just buy Hot Spring Ticket to get to Iria Hot Springs and just move to the place i need...
    NekoLilyTwelie
  • NegumikoNegumiko

I never used the moongate book much at all since moon gates are everywhere anyway. the only thing I think it is useful for is getting to Cor village for the first time. there is probably a way to reach Cor on foot but I have not found it yet so it must be a pain to do. all other gates and tunnels are easy to get to and use though.
    Greta
  • XiokunXiokun
    Mabinogi Rep: 11,100

@Leinei I agree with you. I'm happy with my moongates and mana tunnels everywhere. I'm just happy I don't have to wait until 6am/6pm for them to open up. Now THAT was annoying, especially when I had to be somewhere at a specific time. I don't need a book because I like looking at the scenery and taking it all in from time to time when I go to a gate. Heck, a lot of the beautiful scenery is already wasted from us going back and fourth so fast to the mana tunnels everywhere. It would be a shame no one got to look at any of it at all with the books. Just look at poor neglected Iria....

(Don't you worry, mother physis, this giant still comes to visit you in the icy plains of Silva Forest and Sella Beach...)
    Greta
  • badnewsbarrettbadnewsbarrett
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,890
    Greta wrote: »
    Losing game progress just for a less seconds of traveling is a silly choice in my opinion. I just mark all gates until i get to 1k total and just move on with it. I also use Moongates to travel around Uladh/Belvast and it's not that bad like you think. If i wan't to save Continent Warp then i just buy Hot Spring Ticket to get to Iria Hot Springs and just move to the place i need...

I have all gates marked, but I don't see how I'm losing game progress? If you mean by me not leveling up, I'm not that worried about it tbh. I don't like to grind to level up, that isn't fun to me, so I'm not worried about being lower than 1k and I'm not worried about staying that way for a while. I don't like using the gates or continent warp now, I like the book so I'd rather keep it when I level up.

I hope they give us some clarification on it soon though either way.
  • NegumikoNegumiko
    Xiokun wrote: »

@Leinei I agree with you. I'm happy with my moongates and mana tunnels everywhere. I'm just happy I don't have to wait until 6am/6pm for them to open up. Now THAT was annoying, especially when I had to be somewhere at a specific time. I don't need a book because I like looking at the scenery and taking it all in from time to time when I go to a gate. Heck, a lot of the beautiful scenery is already wasted from us going back and fourth so fast to the mana tunnels everywhere. It would be a shame no one got to look at any of it at all with the books. Just look at poor neglected Iria....

(Don't you worry, mother physis, this giant still comes to visit you in the icy plains of Silva Forest and Sella Beach...)

exactly, people hardly travel much as it is and Iria is abandoned most of the time. we should get new features that encourage us to travel in Iria more. however the new skill Aura of Palala (boosts exploration xp when you find or sell artifacts) and the new L rods from the current gacha are a nice improvement. Vales is beautiful and the only other town that has a town square that looks almost exactly like Tir town square just bigger. only downside I see in Vales is the general shop does not sell scores.

This discussion has been closed.