Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Read from clipboard doesn't work

Darkpixie99Darkpixie99
Mabinogi Rep: 8,660
edited December 15, 2016 in Bugs and Glitches
Just as the title says, you can press copy to clipboard> Read from clipboard on a music scroll and it doesn't paste it.

For you lazy people out there:
IGN is my forum name
S: Tarlach

I had some free time, so here's exactly how the buttons don't work.
https://youtu.be/ncR6mwFWkt0

Comments

• KttyKtty
    Mabinogi Rep: 6,415
    edited December 15, 2016
    Have you tried using 'ctrl+c' to copy and 'ctrl+v' to paste?

I haven't tried anything yet so I don't know if they will work. Just a suggestion to try.
  • Darkpixie99Darkpixie99
    Ktty
    Ktty said:

Have you tried using 'ctrl+c' to copy and 'ctrl+v' to paste?
    That just copies and pastes the entire page on one section.
  • KrissmasKrissmas
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,070
    Please read the thread "Welcome to the Bugs & Glitches Forum Section" and follow those steps when you create any thread in this section
  • KrissmasKrissmas
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,070
    edited December 16, 2016
    Darkpixie99

Krissmas
    Krissmas said:

Please read the thread "Welcome to the Bugs & Glitches Forum Section" and follow those steps when you create any thread in this section
    -Removed-.
    No it says in the tread that anything you make will be deleted if you don't follow the steps. Only trying to help!!
  • Darkpixie99Darkpixie99
    edited December 16, 2016
    Krissmas
    Krissmas said:

Darkpixie99

Krissmas
    Krissmas said:

-Removed-.
    No it says in the tread that anything you make will be deleted if you don't follow the steps. Only trying to help!!
    There are no further steps than a copy and paste into an interface window, there is nothing else they need to know.
  • andrewngn13andrewngn13
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,020
    edited December 15, 2016

a. What is the issue? (It may also be necessary to explain Why it is considered an issue.)
    b. What steps must be taken for us to recreate the issue?
    c. What do you expect to happen instead?

You must include visual evidence, such as a screenshot or video.
    a. "Read from clipboard" not functioning properly
    b. Selecting "Copy From clipboard" and then pressing "Read from Clipboard" from the music scroll menu of a not empty music scroll
    c. Expect empty scroll to be filled with contents of clipboard. Incorrectly filled.
    < visual evidence here>

I'm not getting any issue with this, so I don't have anything else to say.
  • ShoogShoog
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,535
    edited December 16, 2016
    Darkpixie99

Krissmas
    Krissmas said:

Darkpixie99

Krissmas
    Krissmas said:

-Removed-.
    There are no further steps than a copy and paste into an interface window, there is nothing else they need to know.
    Please do not be rude to other forumers who are only trying to inform you of this sections forum rules. Any report created here needs to have visual evidence in the forum of a screenshot or video as well as any other information listed in the rules sticky. In game name and server are required. Here's the rules page if you are unfamiliar with them. http://forums.mabinogi.nexon.net/discussion/6/welcome-to-the-bugs-glitches-forum-section
  • BuffalosBuffalos
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,795
    edited December 16, 2016
    Just wanting to add that the text that gets copied using the scroll's copy button copies everything in the scroll. I threw it into a note pad to see if anything was copied, and got the below screenshot. The dump contains trivial information that Mabi won't use when composing, such as section titles, composer name, and song title.

This is the clipboard format that Mabi can understand:
    Text started with a MML@ followed thereafter by the Melody line. All harmonies were separated by a comma (,) and at the very end a semi-colon (;) was placed. The composition from clipboard function has always been very picky, so what the game exports to the clipboard from an already made scroll should also match this formatting.

IGN/Server
    william36220/Alexina
    (Put up some more long term image links, sorry about that)
    pawcalypse[Deleted User]
  • ZincathonZincathon
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,310
    Good job ^ I tested it too and it is indeed non-(instantly)-transferable. If you want to make it transferable, do the MML@, comma, and semi-colon thing. It's probably not gonna get patched, so workarounds like these are basically a permanent function :^)
    pawcalypse[Deleted User]
  • OpalthiraOpalthira
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,595
    edited December 22, 2016
    Its been like this for years, I don't think they're ever going to fix it.
    pawcalypse[Deleted User]KUR0_KUR0_KUNSherri