Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

How will you spend your stats for Potential System

Comments

• NeynaNeyna
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,140
    edited April 14, 2017
    Aquasol wrote: »
    Poor Will. No one likes WillPower.

I do, but since Fighter is still nerfed to all hell without any piercing...

I do too. But I'm able to cap will without needing divine link ( as long as I have cater and levelled).
    Kinda hope they make fighter/will more useful in the future.

And I'll be going for str and maybe dex.
  • BlissfulkillBlissfulkill
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,425
    Neyna wrote: »

I do too. But I'm able to cap will without needing divine link ( as long as I have cater and levelled).

There is also the fighter glitch.
  • NeynaNeyna
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,140
    Neyna wrote: »

There is also the fighter glitch.

and a long ass cd.. :(
  • FeliceFelice
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,790
    Gaea wrote: »
    Whats the current cap to luck for humans?

At present, the current Luck Soft Cap for all races, that is to say, based off of just your skills and talents alone. is 153 (178 with GM Merchant). Not counting GM Merch, this is just over 1/10 the Hard Cap on all stats, so I will probably dump all my points into luck, may spending just enough to get my Dex to a flat 1000 without GM Archer.

Here is a page for anyone interested in knowing what the Soft-cap for stats across all races are, and what skills allow them to reach that soft-cap faster.
    http://wiki.mabinogiworld.com/view/Stats_and_Skills
  • SapphiraMuseSapphiraMuse
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,450
    Dex dex dex (archer life~). I have my secondary stat set pure str for those pesky hybrid talents. -looks at guns-
  • VimiVimi
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,390
    I'm already too overpowered for most things in the game, so I'll just put it in Luck. Will be fun to see more HUGE LUCKY drops lol
  • XiokunXiokun
    Mabinogi Rep: 11,100
    Will these stats make a major improvement in the long run? How many points can you add to your stats?
  • NafrayuNafrayu
    Mabinogi Rep: 610
    At maximum potential (Level 3000 potential) You get 150 free stat points to distribute in STR, INT, DEX, WILL, LUCK
    Xiokun wrote: »
    Will these stats make a major improvement in the long run? How many points can you add to your stats?

@Xiokun
    Ellisya wrote: »
    Efficient way to raise up is mixing two stats up. Since you'll have to spend much more stat points later on
    All-in to one stat is just.. no.. So I'm using Str+Dex (Since Int can be capped real easy) for Config 1(set1), and All-in to luck for Config 2(set) ; just for huge gathering bonus.

All-in = 36 stats up
    Two Stats half & half = 25 each stats up
    Five Stats = 15 each stats up

+You'll have to spend 10 AP more when you reset. (First rest = 0 AP, next = 10AP, after that = 20AP ..)

^What Ellisya said.
  • ErorservErorserv
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,695
    Just making sure people know that luck doesn't influence lucky finishes. Chances for lucky finishes are set in stone. But it does influence lucky gathers.
    Crimsọn
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
    Think about your min/max guys. You can always reset later when you reach your str cap. ^_^
  • NafrayuNafrayu
    edited April 17, 2017
    Just making sure people know that luck doesn't influence lucky finishes. Chances for lucky finishes are set in stone. But it does influence lucky gathers.

Actually I don't remember where but I think it's in the Japanese wiki... they actually say that it does influence lucky finish but it's something like 0.1% chance increase per luck or something. I don't remember the exact % but even with tons of luck it would not double your chance it would be like 10-30% more (with crazy high luck)

They might be wrong though but I dunno.
  • PandaninjaPandaninja
    Mabinogi Rep: 830
    I have an elf that is currently a mage + alchemist + bard, and I'm planning to branch into archery. I was wondering if you guys could help me out, should I put stats into DEX or LUK? Or something else?
  • LeineiLeinei
    Mabinogi Rep: 16,440
    Why are there two configuration windows for the stats? \=0
  • EllisyaEllisya
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,525
    Leinei wrote: »
    Why are there two configuration windows for the stats? \=0
    You can change stat sets whenever you want.

For instance,
    conf.#1 = Str/Dex dual sets
    conf.#2 = Dex/Luck dual sets.

I made my secondary as luck all-in since I do a lot of gathering, harvesting stuffs. So I can switch to secondary when it's needed and switch back to primary when I do battle stuffs.
  • TheNyanCatTheNyanCat
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,665
    Strength because so many skill sets use it, luck is nice but there is a critical cap so it won't have much use outs side of production.
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
    edited April 17, 2017
    TheNyanCat wrote: »
    Strength because so many skill sets use it, luck is nice but there is a critical cap so it won't have much use outs side of production.

Yeah the wiki basically says no matter how high your crit is you will only crit 30% of the time. So having 200% crit is kinda...pointless. Strength all the way.
    [Deleted User]
  • ZarricZarric
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,510
    Yeah the wiki basically says no matter how high your crit is you will only crit 30% of the time. So having 200% crit is kinda...pointless. Strength all the way.

Actually, that information is lacking something very vital that we got at the end of last year. Renown.
    With the Renown system, Nele adds onto the 30% base critical chance. I'm at level 41 Nele as of this moment, so that increase is +6.35% thus meaning my base critical is now 36.35% instead of the 30%. At level 50 I will have a base critical of 37.50% since Nele maxes out at +7.50%.

Also I decided to put my secondary tab as full strength, for when I need it. In non transformation or without a cater dish it'll be nice but with one or the other it won't push past the Shine of Eweca limits I have.
  • NafrayuNafrayu
    Zarric wrote: »

Actually, that information is lacking something very vital that we got at the end of last year. Renown.
    With the Renown system, Nele adds onto the 30% base critical chance. I'm at level 41 Nele as of this moment, so that increase is +6.35% thus meaning my base critical is now 36.35% instead of the 30%. At level 50 I will have a base critical of 37.50% since Nele maxes out at +7.50%.

Also I decided to put my secondary tab as full strength, for when I need it. In non transformation or without a cater dish it'll be nice but with one or the other it won't push past the Shine of Eweca limits I have.

This is also lacking something vital:

Each protection point decrease critical hit by 2%. Meaning if you are against monster that have let's say 50 protection and you have 100% crit chance... you would have effectively 0% crit chance.... but if you have over 130% crit, you would get to the 30% crit cap.
    Zarric wrote: »

It adds to the base critical max chance, but if you already had loads of it, you would have already surpassed the defense of most monsters in the first place, then the renown.