Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Cant sign into Launcher. "Password is incorrect"

FoxgirlkatieFoxgirlkatie
Mabinogi Rep: 2,055
in Technical Support
seriously. i knew these problems were going to pop up. SIGH. such incompetent developers. i just logged in successfully and verified the email. and it said i was using the correct info. so i was good to go. now im trying to sign in to the launcher. and now its saying my Login info is Incorrect? WTH. seriously. i knew this crap was going to happen. that id somehow not be able to get into the game.

you are so out of touch with the fans its astonishing.

this is a genuine question nexon/Dev cat. but what is your obsession with "Fixing" and i use that term vary loosely, Things that arent broken?

first it was direct launch which ya i guess competes with your crappy forced on Game Launcher.

and now this stupid need to make us use our emails? which mind you i no longer have access to since it was a throwaway and knowing how stupid you can be requires me to Sign into the email to change the accounts affiliated Email. so i cant even change the Password to try and change the PW.

Well done nexon. you showed your fan base once again your massively Incompetent.
Annoyedpuppyface

Comments

• FoxgirlkatieFoxgirlkatie
    oh and also i cant sign into the Actual site as well with my correct info which is displaying as "incorrect" even tho im signed into the forums right now making this Rant.
    Annoyedpuppyface
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
    Steam works just fine for me.

You're kind of rude. I understand that you're frustrated, but calling our staff incompetent and out of touch is unnecessary. They work very hard to bring us all the new content and maintain the servers. They were only trying to simplify the login system.

They will fix this. It's just going to take a little bit of time to smooth everything out.

I hope you submitted a ticket to report this issue.
    GretaLeinei
  • NegumikoNegumiko
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,775
    no Steam Launcher issues for me as well. didn't even have to verify my email. I just entered my second password like I always do and did not notice any login changes.
  • GrenesborrowGrenesborrow
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,280
    I am having some problems logging in on the website too, when ever I try to log in it takes me to an unrelated page that just shows me the different games Nexon has created.
  • LeineiLeinei
    Mabinogi Rep: 16,440
    edited April 19, 2017
    @Grenesborrow Ah, maybe part of their website is still under maintenance at the moment. Try waiting a bit and see if it gets fixed soon.

Once that's up and running again, you should be able to log into account information and change your email, etc.
  • FoxgirlkatieFoxgirlkatie
    edited April 19, 2017
    Gaea wrote: »
    Steam works just fine for me.

You're kind of rude. I understand that you're frustrated, but calling our staff incompetent and out of touch is unnecessary. They work very hard to bring us all the new content and maintain the servers. They were only trying to simplify the login system.

They will fix this. It's just going to take a little bit of time to smooth everything out.

I hope you submitted a ticket to report this issue.

im sorry but when your Staff shows that they cant do something right. and does something that the community doesn't like. calling your staff incompetent and out of touch is necessary and warranted. just because you "work very hard" doesn't make you all of a sudden Immune to Criticism when you screw up.

when you do something good you'll get praise. When you screw up your going to be called out on it. otherwise Humans would still be in the Medieval times. and technology wouldn't have advanced. if we ran with that kind of thought process.

Incompetent
    adjective
    not having or showing the necessary skills to do something successfully.

why are the devs incompetent? because when they introduce this new requirement. it still doesnt work for alot of people. which is a failure.

Out of touch

1. lacking knowledge or information concerning current events and developments.

why are you out of touch? because getting rid of Direct Launch was completely unnecessary and no body liked the choice. forcing us into using either steam or your crappy Launcher. Gamers Don't like Stupid unnecessary hurdles to play their games. just ask Ubisoft. years ago when they introduced the need to connect and use the Uplay App on the PC in order to play their Ubisoft games. Fans gave them alot of hate. how you did not look at that and be like "uhhh ya we wont make the same mistake. gamers don't like that idea" but you went and did it anyway.

also changing something like this isnt simplifying it. nothing needed to change. in fact it probably hurt far more players then it helped. as it now requires the Email which alot of people used throwaways and didnt bother memorizing. thankfully i didn't suffer the issue as the site remembered the Email since i signed in often enough for it to remember it. but that doesn't mean i cant be the voice and vouch for those who cant speak about this problem. unless your letting people change their accounts Email affiliations without needing to sign into the OG Email which i doubt you'll do.

bottom line is dont make stupid decisions and you wont get hate or criticism. Do something great and much needed and youll get praise. dont fix what aint broke. or perhaps that's not apart of Dev Kitty's and nexon's Vocabulary. and that NO ONE no matter who you are or what you do is immune to criticism.
    Annoyedpuppyface
  • LeineiLeinei
    edited April 19, 2017
    Stop. I already said that once the account stuff is up again, you should be able to log in and change your email. Insulting Nexon, whether you like it or not, is against the Forum Code and can get you into trouble.

This was a HUGE maintenance; there are issues. No one is denying that. The only things you can do are try to work around it (I notice you never said anything about trying Steam here, or if you can) or just wait patiently until things are fixed.
    Greta
  • AquasolAquasol
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,465
    Member, Volunteer Forum Moderator
    You're blaming the dev team for something that may not even be their fault, or that may have even already been fixed. While we encourage differing opinions, be aware that criticism needs to be constructive. Outright belittling is not going to be tolerated, so please take more care in your approach, or otherwise give it a moment until you feel a bit more calm and collected.
    Leinei
  • EllisyaEllisya
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,525
    edited April 19, 2017
    Nexon America sure do have a strong fan base who's willing to defend whatsoever. Idk. People can't always take something sweet but need to take a bitter medicine as well. They really should not feel offended for the bitterness from players since they did something not right even though themselves are not amateur.

But Anyways you should try contact by ticketing system even though they are not fast enough... since you won't really get an answer from forum but people who's trying to defend Nexon with all their heart.
    Foxgirlkatie
  • LeineiLeinei
    Ripped from the Forum Code of Conduct:

"Behavior Towards Nexon
    - You are free to express yourself on the forums but not on Nexon's expense.
    - This means we will not allow derogatory comments, threats, intellect insults, "crusades" against Nexon or our users, and other comments encouraging other members to accept a certain ideology about Nexon.
    - We do welcome feedback and constructive criticism.
    - Constructive criticism is the process of offering valid and well-reasoned opinions about the work of others, usually involving both positive and negative comments, in a friendly manner rather than an oppositional one."

It's one thing to express criticism, but one must do it in a professional manner. Name-calling is not professional.
    AquasolGreta
  • AquasolAquasol
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,465
    Member, Volunteer Forum Moderator
    Ellisya wrote: »
    Nexon America sure do have a strong fan base who's willing to defend whatsoever. Idk. People can't always take something sweet but need to take a bitter medicine as well. They really should not feel offended for the bitterness from players since they did something not right even though themselves are not amateur.

But Anyways you should try contact by ticketing system even though they are not fast enough... since you won't really get an answer from forum but people who's trying to defend Nexon with all their heart.

It's not about "defending" anything, it's about proper conduct and being constructive. In this case, OP, instead of inquiring or reporting about an encountered issue, proceeds to insult and deride the game's developers for something that they aren't even necessarily in charge of, and goes on to rant about various unrelated topics to the initial problem.

It wouldn't matter if it were singing praises, were it to be conducted in the same manner.
    Leinei
  • AnnoyedpuppyfaceAnnoyedpuppyface
    Mabinogi Rep: 710
    Leinei wrote: »
    Ripped from the Forum Code of Conduct:

"Behavior Towards Nexon
    - You are free to express yourself on the forums but not on Nexon's expense.
    - This means we will not allow derogatory comments, threats, intellect insults, "crusades" against Nexon or our users, and other comments encouraging other members to accept a certain ideology about Nexon.
    - We do welcome feedback and constructive criticism.
    - Constructive criticism is the process of offering valid and well-reasoned opinions about the work of others, usually involving both positive and negative comments, in a friendly manner rather than an oppositional one."

It's one thing to express criticism, but one must do it in a professional manner. Name-calling is not professional.

You can't really just shun out her opinion negative or not you have to understand we are all frustrated because of the "fixes" Nexon makes, in the case of making logging in easier sure go ahead but like she's said before why impose a launcher to players who don't want nor really care for this why not simply let players know they have that option but leave the old option open. It's really frustrating that they fix certain things that are not as important as other problems we've been having for far longer, just look at how long it took them to fix mirage missile amongst other things after experiencing that you can't really expect people to still have the same loving attitude, and then shoving in her face the code of conduct to somehow invalidate her opinion negative or not is just disgusting in my opinion. Her point is valid and it should be treated like so non the less.
    Foxgirlkatie
  • LeineiLeinei
    edited April 19, 2017
    @Annoyedpuppyface I'm not invalidating her opinion of how she feels about Nexon's practices; I'm saying she's going about expressing it the WRONG way. She's insulting Nexon by calling them INCOMPETENT, which is clearly violating the Forum Code of Conduct whether you or she like or not.

I've seen plenty of other players who were as vexed by the changes as the OP is, but they never resorted to name-calling.
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    I agree with @Leinei here, OP is just salty and rude, i still don't understand how Mods didn't delete this thread asap.
    Leinei
  • Royaken666Royaken666
    Mabinogi Rep: 300
    Greta wrote: »
    I agree with @Leinei here, OP is just salty and rude, i still don't understand how Mods didn't delete this thread asap.

i see. so you want to silence a Thread about a issue players are experiencing? ya like your helpful in this community. and im not salty. i grown tired of nexon's repeated mistakes and dumb decisions over the years to the point where ive lost most of my respect for them. and Rude? your considering calling people who clearly didn't know what they were doing incompetent which fits, rude? when you've had to put up with hundreds of stupid decisions and mistakes the developers refuse to fix for years. you start to become very critical of things.

then again ive noticed Mabinogi has alot of Very defensive fans like that trash heap Destiny who has such rabid fanboys who will tear you apart at the littlest sign of criticism towards their game or developers.

this game has alot of problems that need addressing. the need to use a Game Launcher that has proven to suck and fail multiple times and the need to use a email to sign in are not problems. they are options. they should focus their attention towards problems int he game first. not trivial and pointless stuff like this. they need to get their priorities straight.

so ya im not being rude or salty. calling something for what it is isnt being rude. and complaining about a change that negatively impacts players. isnt being salty.

Waaaaaaa
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    Totally looks like to me...
  • LidrsterLidrster
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,830
    The Dead See called, it wants its salt back.
    Joke aside, you are definitely being rude, and it's not even a matter of defending Nexon.

Anyway, as suggested before, you should just contact support. And try to not be too rude, as you're partially to blame here, for using a throwaway email.
  • rigbykc1rigbykc1
    xD u guys r a sponser on Anime MMO Junkie?