Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the Mini-games + Quality of Life Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/91106/mini-games-quality-of-life-update-patch-notes-april-11th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

A new rank 1 Dark Knight Model!

Comments

• AlmostNotsuperAlmostNotsuper
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,240
    Rondo wrote: »
    I doubt they'll be revisiting/revamping transformations. I do agree with the fact that Dark Knight looks ugly (reminds me more of an alien or the symbiote from Spiderman). It should get a new model. If they are going to revamp Transformation, Paladin's need an active skilll and the whole STR/INT/DEX roll for DK needs to go. I hate that your buff is RNG and might not apply to the skills/talent you are using.

People always seem to have an issue with the symbiote thing, but I was under the impression that that's basically what the dark knight armor is, lore wise.

I like the RNG thing as is (fits the whole chaos vs order thing), but I think that needs to be looked at so it's worth the RNG. DKs could also use a new active skill if Paladins get one, 'cause theirs is basically useless outside of the arena.

I think now is the perfect time to update transformations, since they're trying to rebalance the races. You're probably right to doubt that they'll do it though.
  • RondoRondo
    Mabinogi Rep: 255
    Negumiko wrote: »
    I doubt they'll be revisiting/revamping transformations. I do agree with the fact that Dark Knight looks ugly (reminds me more of an alien or the symbiote from Spiderman). It should get a new model. If they are going to revamp Transformation, Paladin's need an active skilll and the whole STR/INT/DEX roll for DK needs to go. I hate that your buff is RNG and might not apply to the skills/talent you are using.

If Paladin gets a active skill it should probably be like a really advanced version of party heal or if players want more of an attack skill maybe some kind of blinding light attack that injures all nearby enemies and and weakens their defense for a short time. Their active skill should be something like that using light or holy arts since they are holy warriors.

Party healing is an interesting idea, but I don't think It would be heavily used. I know I only Trans in an emergency when my health drops real low, therefore a healing skill could make sense. But I'm not always with a group of players which is why I'm cautious to make it a party thing. Paladins are really suppose to be tanky, so maybe a health regen skill?

People always seem to have an issue with the symbiote thing, but I was under the impression that that's basically what the dark knight armor is, lore wise.

I like the RNG thing as is (fits the whole chaos vs order thing), but I think that needs to be looked at so it's worth the RNG. DKs could also use a new active skill if Paladins get one, 'cause theirs is basically useless outside of the arena.

I think now is the perfect time to update transformations, since they're trying to rebalance the races. You're probably right to doubt that they'll do it though.

I know its just so ugly though. I see what you mean about the RNG representing chaos. It does make sense the more I think about, I just hate it.

Another thing is if they do end up re-vamping trans, could we include the option to revert from DK to Paladin? I know a lot of DK's who hated the fact that they went that route. Or maybe we could incorporate it into the lore. Have the DK's tie into the Girgashiy's story line and have them try to "purify" the knights (Warning, I know very little about the lore. I understand this is probably extremely wrong).
  • NegumikoNegumiko
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,775
    edited April 9, 2017
    when I say advanced version of party heal requires no wand or staff, costs little to zero to mp and recovers like 500 of your health and all party members get healed as well if you are in a party is what I was thinking. making it useful for playing solo or with others. however some kind of skill that stays active for a few minutes constantly regenerating your hp would also be cool owo

• BerryswirlBerryswirl
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,140
    Dark Knights look like a person who was turned inside out and then charred.
    NekoLily
  • Roxies1Roxies1
    Mabinogi Rep: 510
    wander how many views or comments there needs to be before a GM or something notices. notice use senpai!!!
  • PlatinaKokiPlatinaKoki
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,760
    edited April 14, 2017
    Liyeta wrote: »
    i dont really like the model. what dk need is black smoke under their feet and white wing.

So, you want DKs to look like they have Elf AIDS?

And there's no way they're revamping trans appearances.
    Roxies1 wrote: »
    wander how many views or comments there needs to be before a GM or something notices. notice use senpai!!!

Whether or not a GM notices it is moot.

The only way this will become a thing is if the Koreans decide to implement it.

Out of all of the things that have been implemented from the "Feedback and Suggestion Forum", half of them were things we were going to get anyway (Free Inventory Plus) or things that KR probably had in mind before we even thought of it (tails).
    Negumiko wrote: »

If Paladin gets a active skill it should probably be like a really advanced version of party heal or if players want more of an attack skill maybe some kind of blinding light attack that injures all nearby enemies and and weakens their defense for a short time. Their active skill should be something like that using light or holy arts since they are holy warriors.

There's one thing that I would accept in place of a Paladin Active Skill;

Paladin players get to equip Pragarah (using the G16 model wielded by Lugh in the G16 Finale).
    Roxies1Xiokun
  • ErorservErorserv
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,695
    edited April 17, 2017
    The lore is bound tightly to the appearance of the infra black. When the user first wears the Dark Knight armour, it attempts to become one with them. It draws on negative emotions and desires and slowly consumes the user. The more the user is consumed, the more they become one with each other and the more apparent it seems, to the point where the armour actually embeds itself into the users body and effectively fusing with the flesh. This couldn't be more apparent for infra.

Now the name Infra Black draws on this as well, where the "Black" (the armour) is beneath or below (infra). In context this can be interpreted as armour beneath the skin. Or simply "beneath darkness", in that the final form transcends darkness.

Either way the general look will more than likely stay. But just as for almost everything chapter 3, it could also use a face lift.
    AlmostNotsuperNekoLily
  • SpkrSpkr
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,450
    Totally support this. I have hated the look of Infra so much that I refuse to rank it up. Every one of my Transformation skills are r1 except for the transformation itself, and the button to rank it has been staring me in the face for years. Infra is such a disappointing end to such a cool looking character progression, it's like Chaos Knight is the top with the skelly face and ribbed armor, then suddenly -boom- you're a nekkid being with pointy toes that looks like you got burned beyond recognition. I hate it so much.

Until this is a thing, Chaos Knight ftw. :p
  • RikashiRikashi
    Mabinogi Rep: 850
    Spkr wrote: »
    Totally support this. I have hated the look of Infra so much that I refuse to rank it up. Every one of my Transformation skills are r1 except for the transformation itself, and the button to rank it has been staring me in the face for years. Infra is such a disappointing end to such a cool looking character progression, it's like Chaos Knight is the top with the skelly face and ribbed armor, then suddenly -boom- you're a nekkid being with pointy toes that looks like you got burned beyond recognition. I hate it so much.

Until this is a thing, Chaos Knight ftw. :p

I remember first reaching InfraBlack and thinking everyday "I shoulda stayed ChaosKnight" :'(
    I hope this does get implemented
    Roxies1