Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Special Wedding Hoe is not working

CrimsọnCrimsọn
Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
in Help
I stand over a patch of potatoes and there is no action available to gather. Anyone else having this problem? This is bad.

Comments

• BerryswirlBerryswirl
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,140
    Are you sure you have it equipped?
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Berryswirl wrote: »
    Are you sure you have it equipped?

Yes. Regular hoes work, I equip the little special weeding hoe and nothing.
  • BlissfulkillBlissfulkill
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,425
    edited April 20, 2017
    Are you sure it is not the water bottle tools Yela gave you?

You may need to go to the stream.

Also, Hoes work only once, and after using them, they turn into essences while they are equipped, whereas you have to switch it out for another hoe.
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Are you sure it is not the water bottle tools Yela gave you?

You may need to go to the stream.

Also, Hoes work only once, and after using them, they turn into essences while they are equipped, whereas you have to switch it out for another hoe.

Nevermind, I wasn't following directions. I'm suppose to be over at a flower field. Derp.
  • IyasenuIyasenu
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,265
    Yeah, not much differentiation between "Potato" hoes and "Flower" hoes from this event.
    They have slightly different item descriptions, on the hoes themselves.

"It calls to mind the sound of bees buzzing on a lazy afternoon." Is for the flower hoe.

"It calls to mine the tiny sounds of a mouse scurrying through fresh soil." Is for the potato hoe.
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Yep yep yep. I just need to learn to read.
    Iyasenu wrote: »
    Yeah, not much differentiation between "Potato" hoes and "Flower" hoes from this event.
    They have slightly different item descriptions, on the hoes themselves.

"It calls to mind the sound of bees buzzing on a lazy afternoon." Is for the flower hoe.

"It calls to mine the tiny sounds of a mouse scurrying through fresh soil." Is for the potato hoe.

Seems we are getting to the root of the problem. Irish they were more obvious. I hate tuber-st the bubble of the description guy, but maybe he should have included (For potatoes).
    Iyasenu
  • AlmostNotsuperAlmostNotsuper
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,240
    Wedding hoe. What an oxymoron.

*Googles oxymoron to make sure I used it right*
    BerryswirlBlissfulkill
  • BerryswirlBerryswirl
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,140
    Glad you figured it out
  • AlmostNotsuperAlmostNotsuper
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,240
    Berryswirl wrote: »
    Glad you figured it out

Yes, I'm sure everyone is. Who knows when or if someone would've figured out if I hadn't.
  • cdnmpmscdnmpms
    Mabinogi Rep: 705
    edited April 27, 2017
    By the way, it's not Wedding Hoe but Weeding Hoe. It has nothing to do with a marriage.
    I came across the same problem, but instead of yelling "Something's broken here!" in my mind, I had a look at what the quest had to say. As soon as I saw the mention of a "Flower Field", my first thought was to go looking for it somewhere in the game, but that was to no avail. So instead I typed it into a search machine along with "mabinogi" as keywords.
    BINGO!
    I found a description of "flower fields" somewhere on the outskirts of Emain Macha, I went there with my char, and sure enough, as soon as my char equipped a hoe from Yela, he could start going after those light blue blossom patches. The only mistake I made there was not to equip a new hoe after I had used the former one...
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    edited April 27, 2017
    Wow, i was starting to wonder what is Wedding Hoe when i saw this thread title, but when i clicked i realized that it's about Weeding Hoe. Rofl, this is embarrassing typo.
    I thought this was a new partner. :(