Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

ACE DOLL BAGS!!!!

Comments

• CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
    Shoog wrote: »
    Amelina wrote: »
    Apparently other versions of the game have a "Bag" tab where we can put our bags...that'd be a great addition to have.

I THINK yesterday's live stream showed that we would be getting an extra inventory tab, although bags were not placeable into it. So I guess our "Me" tab will be the new "Bag" tab? xD

Yup, yap, I do recall that, despite all the buffering.
    [Deleted User]
  • TeasesTeases
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,630
    Gaea wrote: »
    Shoog wrote: »
    Amelina wrote: »
    Apparently other versions of the game have a "Bag" tab where we can put our bags...that'd be a great addition to have.

I THINK yesterday's live stream showed that we would be getting an extra inventory tab, although bags were not placeable into it. So I guess our "Me" tab will be the new "Bag" tab? xD

Yup, yap, I do recall that, despite all the buffering.

I guess we'll find out shortly after the maintenance
  • LeineiLeinei
    Mabinogi Rep: 16,440
    NEW TAB?! OAO
  • Darkpixie99Darkpixie99
    Mabinogi Rep: 8,660
    edited April 20, 2017
    Google Translated
    c880c693a461413fb987d2de2a2fd5fe.png
    412174026.jpg
    ee92be9cfcaa437682ba9bda3aa0fe7e.png
    KR GM Announcement
    Event Banner
    a31a2043cb154354bba430b435de824e.png
  • BlissfulkillBlissfulkill
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,425
    Do people actually like Saga 2?
  • Darkpixie99Darkpixie99
    Mabinogi Rep: 8,660

Dunno, but I can't support the Cash Shop anymore without any extra space for more bags. Otherwise I'd totally buy one of these, even from the player MP.
  • XiokunXiokun
    Mabinogi Rep: 11,100

I don't. Annoyed the living heck out of me. This giant ain't about no baby sittin'. :l
  • IonIon
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,365

After having to put up with the whining, growling, and horrendous dialogue (*sob* *boo hoo*) of Saga I, Saga II was a gift. Competent characters that weren't berating me every two seconds was honestly all I wanted at that point. I ended up getting that plus a ton of worldbuilding, dialogue that consisted of more than verbal tics, and my character actually felt more like a companion to the characters than a convenient tool for once.
  • PolicromaPolicroma
    Mabinogi Rep: 6,730
    My only problem with doll bags is we can only carry so many of them. :(
  • LeineiLeinei
    edited April 21, 2017
    Other than me wanting to drown Millia, I liked the characters in Saga 1. It was nice to have some fleshing out in Filia and Vales respectively. Spoiler Text explaining my reasoning below.
    Sure, Maike threatens to cut out your tongue (Human player), calls you a traitor (Elf player), tells you to thank your Pagan God for the fact a Dragon is keeping him and his fellows busy (Giant player), but it was refreshing to have an Elf with actual fire and character to them. He's like the ONLY Elf in town that shows some sort of physical evidence of being involved in a battle. For those who didn't catch it in the Music Q stuff, his bags under his eyes have to do with him having insomnia, though the cause of which is unknown. He doesn't hide that he hates Giants, even when facing them. He was also the first to mention to Odran and Dowra that all of their forces had wounded to tend to. His main concern other than his objective are his PEOPLE. He's also a little destruction-happy, what with his idea to blow up a region in order to get rid of the Cessair threat.

Now let's get to Dowra because she's got mad props as a character too. For starters, FEMALE captain. That gives some credit to Krug in regard that he likely doesn't care if you're male or female, you're valuable if you get the job done. Her troops respect her (as do Maike's for him). She also has battle damage, something no other Giant, not even the heroic Taunes or King Krug have. She does have a petty side (teasing the cranky Elf about his name (Is it Maple or Maid?)) but she also knows when it's time to stop being childish and ask important questions (WHY ARE YOU FOLLOWING US, CRANKY ONE).

Millia, as much as I want to drown her, is a decent character. She's lost her father, is trying to track down his murderer and is trying to learn Magic from a man who turns out to be her uncle (which is never revealed if she knows or not). She's angry, and she lashes out at the player a lot, but it's obvious it's from being hurt and frustration, from having people torn out of her life and having to put her training on hold. She's sick of being powerless (even though she's got a lot of it; just doesn't know how to use it) and terribly wants to change that part of her with a ferocious passion. Once she does learn something, the first thing she does is try to help you overcome that curse you got hit with. She's stupid with her grief (running away from an army of people that can/has protect/protected her so she can cry by herself). She tries to help the man she sees as her hero by calling for help to heal him when he collapses, but he misunderstands what's going on and betrays her as a result. I do hope to see her again, maybe even as the powerful Shaman she aspired to be.

Akule's description should be 'there's a method to his madness'. Playing with you and others (the Shamans and Millia). He also plays a literal madman at one point (I assume to keep it quiet that he's not dead in case of enemy spies, while still trying to teach Millia, which works) which prompts a big, old Dragon like Bhafel to tell Akule what he's planning by Akule making him angry with his antics, and then proceeding to seal away the big, old Dragon so he's no longer a threat, at the expense of his (as well as Shamala's and presumably the rest of the Shamans?) power. He's not an idiot (unless it serves him), he's family-oriented and he's definitely not afraid to take on the role of powerhouse when it's required.

Saga 2 had stupid levels of random, a storyline that made less sense than its previous chapter, and easily forgettable characters, especially when three of them don't show up for most of the episodes, making their existences ABSOLUTELY POINTLESS. It would have been far better if they ALL went to rescue Tarlach, regardless of Merlin's stupid ego from him not wanting to look MORE like an idiot to Professor J, Treasure Hunter and Starlet (which would have been warranted). It would have been refreshing for them to actually COME TOGETHER to achieve a singular goal, rather than constantly having to listen three of the five Aces spew rudeness at one another (MAIKE MANAGED IT FOR CRYING OUT LOUD). Culinary Artist has a FLYING FOOD TRUCK that could have acted as transportation. Professor J is an Alchemical powerhouse, Starlet isn't afraid of traveling anywhere (she's gone to Cor and Longa Desert) and Merlin, when he isn't being an obnoxious snot is powerful and goes after Tarlach with the Milletian (if only to cover his own idiocy), but he shouldn't be the type of character that he is, ESPECIALLY if it's true that he's related to the Alban Knights. I can already hear Avelin complaining about him if that turns out to be true! The Alban Knights are a secret group and Merlin goes and tells Treasure Hunter, who we already know has a big mouth and a tendency to extort for his services! If Treasure Hunter extorts Merlin for money/treasure to track down a missing little boy, who knows what he'd tell people for the right price!

Whoever wrote Saga 2 handled its characters terribly, and I only mentioned the issues with the protagonists!

Antagonists seem odd as they want to get rid of the Gods, but they aspire to Summon One (Macha) in Saga 1? Suddenly, the enemy, who were cursed by the Irinid for some reason, were the previous Conductors of Adniel and they caused some era of darkness years back? What? Saga 2 is just so full of holes storywise, and it could have been so much better.

That said, I have one other thing to say. WHERE ARE OUR SAGA 1 CHARACTER BAGS?!
    Grenesborrow
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
    I wouldn't mind having that bag so I can retire heroes of the goddess with something newer.
  • LeineiLeinei
    edited April 21, 2017
    Gaea wrote: »
    I wouldn't mind having that bag so I can retire heroes of the goddess with something newer.

I think I would prefer an updated Heroes of the Goddess bag with
    Nao, Demon Ruairi and Older Tarlach
    or the Alban Knights than of the Aces. -_-
  • XiokunXiokun
    Mabinogi Rep: 11,100
    I want a doll bag of Taunes. :) I think a doll bag of the Alban Knights will come pretty soon too.
  • TairikuTairiku
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,910

Nah, Saga 1 and 2 were pretty awful dialogue/story-wise, but the game took a serious decline on story long before them. -cough- Shakespeare -cough-
  • BlissfulkillBlissfulkill
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,425
    Ion wrote: »

After having to put up with the whining, growling, and horrendous dialogue (*sob* *boo hoo*) of Saga I, Saga II was a gift. Competent characters that weren't berating me every two seconds was honestly all I wanted at that point. I ended up getting that plus a ton of worldbuilding, dialogue that consisted of more than verbal tics, and my character actually felt more like a companion to the characters than a convenient tool for once.

Holy crap...that does make sense.
  • LeineiLeinei
    edited April 21, 2017
    Xiokun wrote: »

I don't. Annoyed the living heck out of me. This giant ain't about no baby sittin'. :l

I hated it too, mainly because of Merlin, Treasure Hunter and a story that made no sense. That Music Show thing was ridiculous. If Starlet didn't feel right about singing, the Aces should have gone about another way to do it. Hunt monsters, metal convert cheaper metals to more expensive ones (Professor J), part time jobs. Their comical recital was more of an insult to the Aces' competency (especially Professor J's, who is supposed to be a sort of genius). It bothers me that Merlin claims they're related to a "secret group that protects Erinn". If that's the Alban Knights, their involvement is a JOKE. I feel like MVP of Saga 2 was actually Pinky the Gorilla.

I went into more of this in my Spoiler tagged post on the previous page, but whoever wrote the characters for Saga 2 handled them poorly in my opinion. Also, the Saga 2 characters didn't abuse you the player, but each other (Merlin to Tarlach (A LITTLE KID), Treasure Hunter and Professor J) (Treasure Hunter and Professor J to Merlin) and that got old really quick. I feel the Cessair weren't handled all that well either. One associated with their group actually talked to Tarlach in Cobh and could have abducted him then, but nope. Little Tarlach doesn't get abducted til he hops a boat to Iria.

Also, in regard to being abused by Millia, she's an angry kid who lost her family and winds up losing someone else while she's sitting waiting for them to return with the Milletian. It gets over the top, but she's upset and angry and lashing out at you the player is how she is expressing it. It's not right, granted, but it's an emotional response to grief. Also, the Milletian outright not agreeing to help her get back at the Cessair for what happened certainly doesn't help matters. It's obvious the Cessair were causing the problem with the Milletians turning into Demons, so taking them out would be a logical choice. That's the only story problem I remember having with Saga 1.
  • TtheHeroTtheHero
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,410

There are two; count 'em TWO good things that came out of the Saga storylines.

1. you get a free Perseus pet PER CHARACTER that completes the first one
    2. That redheaded dumbass that isn't Millia is finally out of our hair for good(?) Never again will he make blatant misunderstandings that lead to him blaming us for all the crap he's endured.
  • LeineiLeinei
    edited April 21, 2017
    You forgot the 300 AP from the first Saga storyline.

Also, yeah the character listed on point 2 was stupid levels of bad. They really needed to take a page out of Elsa's book and LET IT GO.