Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the Mini-games + Quality of Life Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/91106/mini-games-quality-of-life-update-patch-notes-april-11th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Jam Session Freestyle Effects

ZerukanZerukan
Mabinogi Rep: 3,280
edited January 18, 2017 in General Chat
If you use Freestyle Jam near a cherry blossom tree in a homestead, it will add a neat effect to your playing.

FweeppawcalypseMey
  1. Cherry Blossom Effect49 votes
    1. Cool!
       43% (21 votes)
    2. Oh okay
       2% (1 vote)
    3. Why doesn't the cookie tree shoot cookies?
       55% (27 votes)

Comments

• KororeKorore
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,765
    edited December 20, 2016
    Fixed! c:

Just paste the direct URL from YouTube into your post, it'll make it show up.
  • FweepFweep
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,015
    Come on man, step up your game. How can you fail that? I fail easier things.

But seriously, that's a nice little detail. Thanks for sharing.
  • ZerukanZerukan
    edited December 20, 2016
    Fweep
    Fweep said:

Come on man, step up your game. How can you fail that? I fail easier things.

But seriously, that's a nice little detail. Thanks for sharing.
    I hit A instead of S dont yell at me D:<

also thanks Korore!
  • KttyKtty
    Mabinogi Rep: 6,415
    That is soooo cool!!!
  • ZerukanZerukan
    Also I should add, the effect seems to get more "intense" with 5+ combos.
  • BerryswirlBerryswirl
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,140
    That is the coolest thing O.O
  • IyasenuIyasenu
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,265
    I think there's also a star candy explosion effect if you use Freestyle Jam with the Supakupa Wam-Bam minigem summoned.
    ZerukanMey
  • ArjuneArjune
    Mabinogi Rep: 16,890
    awww why does it only work for super wambam :C I only have the babies
  • IyasenuIyasenu
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,265
    Arjune
    Arjune said:

awww why does it only work for super wambam :C I only have the babies
    You've tried with just the babies?
    I'm just guessing as to what causes it at this point.
    I just know that I wasn't getting this effect through the McWaffles title, when I was trying to recreate it. (wasn't me who was causing the effect to happen in that picture)
  • ArjuneArjune
    ohhhh I tried with the babies and it works! :P maybe it's only if you start the jam? I'm gonna have to test this out a bit
  • KttyKtty
    Mabinogi Rep: 6,415
    OMG!!!! Figures I wouldn't have anything that would cause a really cool effect like that.
  • ErikaErika
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,420
    Neato. I wonder if there are other hidden effects based on other items/locations/whatever.
  • ZerukanZerukan
    I think if you also do it by a alchemy oven it'll cause you to be on fire/explode.
    Mey
  • ArjuneArjune
    playing near a pond or water gives like a blue bubble effect
    ZerukanMey
  • BlankeyeBlankeye
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,640
    If I didn't love freestyle before (which I certainly did) I love it a million times more now.
    ZerukanAavaFleegonMey
  • GoodrichGoodrich
    Mabinogi Rep: 410
    Arjune
    Arjune said:

playing near a pond or water gives like a blue bubble effect
    This also holds true for being anywhere with a Crab summoned, you get encased in a giant bubble for a second.
    Mey
  • BuffalosBuffalos
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,795
    It's really neat that they put in a whole bunch of situational effects based on your surroundings and what you have out. The Milky Way instruments' descriptions suggest that a freestyle jam made of just them could make an effect, has anyone tried doing a group session with just those?
  • ZerukanZerukan
    Buffalos
    Buffalos said:

It's really neat that they put in a whole bunch of situational effects based on your surroundings and what you have out. The Milky Way instruments' descriptions suggest that a freestyle jam made of just them could make an effect, has anyone tried doing a group session with just those?
    With only 2 milky way instruments nothing seemed to happen, but if you have 3 people with 3 milky way instruments there's a little shooting star effect circling around your feet as you play.

I'm kind of curious if the effect gets more added on with it depending on how many milky way instruments you have?
    Ktty
  • BuffalosBuffalos
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,795
    Zerul said:

Buffalos
    Buffalos said:

With only 2 milky way instruments nothing seemed to happen, but if you have 3 people with 3 milky way instruments there's a little shooting star effect circling around your feet as you play.

I'm kind of curious if the effect gets more added on with it depending on how many milky way instruments you have?
    Ooooo might get some friends together after my holiday and try that.
  • VimiVimi
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,390
    This just added a whole new dimension to my love for this update~