Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the Mini-games + Quality of Life Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/91106/mini-games-quality-of-life-update-patch-notes-april-11th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

No Limit On The Per Day Acceptance Of Raw Woods

BlissfulkillBlissfulkill
Mabinogi Rep: 24,425
in Feedback and Suggestions
Listen Nexon. Growing woods is a bit time consuming. we have to grow them with about 30 minutes to get one piece of raw wood, harvest them, and give it to Luke. Great, I can harvest and grow any day on or after I get the woods. But....why cannot I turn in more than 5 a day? This makes any excess from before meaningless, since you only get 5 a day, and can only turn in 5 a day. What the heck? The cumulative total does not change if you allow this, so why?

This is more painful then it has to be. We have to spend around 1.5 hours to grow them, and turn them in, per day. What am I going to do with these leftover woods?

Please let us turn in any leftover woods from the day before.
NekoLily

Comments

• badnewsbarrettbadnewsbarrett
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,890
    It's 2.5 hours to grow them I believe, if I'm not wrong. I agree there shouldn't be a limit like this though. Maybe they're worried about people using alts for more wood per day? If they make the wood untradable, that wouldn't be a problem though, so I don't understand why they're doing this either :/
  • BlissfulkillBlissfulkill
    It's 2.5 hours to grow them I believe, if I'm not wrong. I agree there shouldn't be a limit like this though. Maybe they're worried about people using alts for more wood per day? If they make the wood untradable, that wouldn't be a problem though, so I don't understand why they're doing this either :/

The wood is untradeable.
  • GreaGrea
    Mabinogi Rep: 855
    edited April 20, 2017

The wood is untradeable.

I'm going under the assumption that the rewards can be traded. Have done the event yet though.
  • NekoLilyNekoLily
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,735
    I was sure, since the quest was to only give one per day, that we could give him the others whenever we wanted, so I didn't give all 5 yesterday, but only 2 :|
    If only there was something written in the announcement.
    BQJ0zez.png
  • AquasolAquasol
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,465
    Member, Volunteer Forum Moderator
    A man who can already take 5 whole raw woods in his inventory, can clearly take 5 more. Plus usually these events allow us to hoard whatever we turn in, so it would be nice-- if not this time, then for future iterations of this event.
  • nevyn25nevyn25
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,135
    biggest bs is that excess woods aren't even possible to be dropped, meaning it takes up inv space.
    nevyn25 wrote: »
    biggest bs is that excess woods aren't even possible to be dropped, meaning it takes up inv space.

Are you serious? Why do they keep making event items like this? I'm assuming they'll probably be taken out after the event ends but that's so ridiculous.
    nevyn25 wrote: »

Is not there a destroy option?

*Checks*

Nope. :(
    Womp just logged on and I guess I forgot to turn one of my woods in yesterday too, I never harvested it from my tree x.x
    You cannot burn the wood away using a campfire.

Guess it is there till the event ends. :(

You could always try sending in a ticket, they might remove the extras.

You could always try sending in a ticket, they might remove the extras.

I could, but this would be bothersome as I get one everyday What if I messed up and have to bother the mods again? :(
  • SplatulatedSplatulated
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,930
    can you bank store it?
  • XiokunXiokun
    Mabinogi Rep: 11,100
    What bothers me as a whole is the "rad new 36 minute afk" jazz that these events have been diggin'. I'd much rather do an event all about gathering, killing, and cooking to your heart's content without the need for afking or going on a limit. We need an event that refuel's peoples heart's about the abandoned non-combat life things in mabinogi like REALLY working in your homestead... not, sitting there watching a tree grow! :(
    badnewsbarrettDaktaro
  • GrenesborrowGrenesborrow
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,280
    Xiokun wrote: »
    What bothers me as a whole is the "rad new 36 minute afk" jazz that these events have been diggin'. I'd much rather do an event all about gathering, killing, and cooking to your heart's content without the need for afking or going on a limit. We need an event that refuel's peoples heart's about the abandoned non-combat life things in mabinogi like REALLY working in your homestead... not, sitting there watching a tree grow! :(

I believe that Nexon made it to where you can only turn in five pieces of wood a day and making the wood take 30 minutes so that you'll log on everyday for between 2 to 3 hours. I don't if its a money thing or something. I agree with you though, having an event that you can do more in instead of just being afk for a couple of hours would be great.
  • AquasolAquasol

Easy fix: Harvest the tree less tomorrow.
    Aquasol wrote: »

Easy fix: Harvest the tree less tomorrow.

But I will run out of essences, meaning I have to get them from Yela, in groups of five.

If you mean turn all mine in and do not do the quest, I suppose it is possible. :(
  • AquasolAquasol
    But I will run out of essences, meaning I have to get them from Yela, in groups of five.

If you mean turn all mine in and do not do the quest, I suppose it is possible. :(

You only need the wood, the essences only generate wood. So if you have say, an extra essence or two, you can either not use an essence(since it takes less space), or skip talking to Yela and miss out on the golden fruit, however you can turn in the wood you have. Won't be able to get rid of extra essences, but if you can better-hold equipment, it's a slight workaround.
    Someone on my thread just informed me it let them turn in extra wood... Maybe they fixed this with today's maint? Can anyone else confirm this? o:
    Aquasol wrote: »

You only need the wood, the essences only generate wood. So if you have say, an extra essence or two, you can either not use an essence(since it takes less space), or skip talking to Yela and miss out on the golden fruit, however you can turn in the wood you have. Won't be able to get rid of extra essences, but if you can better-hold equipment, it's a slight workaround.

I considered that, and wood stacks, while essences and hoes are both equips. In any case, I just thought it would be a nice idea. :(