Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Umm? Homestead Event??

JoeybahnJoeybahn
Mabinogi Rep: 710
edited April 21, 2017 in General Chat
Why are we capped on how much wood we can give a day?
I can't be online to get all 5 turned in all in one day.
Today I managed to get 8 wood since I had left over essences and can only turn in 5.
How will I complete the event then?

Was planning to get as many turned in on my days off and just stack the essences for now... :/

Comments

• XiokunXiokun
    Mabinogi Rep: 11,100
    Don't worry, the event will be here for three weeks and it will take about two weeks of staying on for 2.5 hours each day to get all the 40 and 80 raw wood prizes, so you'll have about a week's worth of wiggle room. :)
    Grenesborrow
  • MelbellMelbell
    Mabinogi Rep: 800
    edited April 22, 2017
    Actually if I doing my math right we don't have much grace period for this event. To get the Green house we need to turn in 80 pieces of wood. At five a day that would be 20 days, 19 if you are able to turn in one extra piece of word on weekends. There are only 21 days for this event. That's barely a grace period to get the event finished and collect everything. Also I heard that collecting water didn't work. So that removes the one day of grace period we had. I am beginning to not see a point in doing this event unless they expand the event. I can not log in for almost three hours everyday. Some people actually have jobs to go to.
  • FullBucketPimpDaddyFullBucketPimpDaddy
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,220
    80 / 5 = 20 !!!
  • LenkyunLenkyun
    Mabinogi Rep: 930
    Melbell wrote: »
    Actually if I doing my math right we don't have much grace period for this event. To get the Green house we need to turn in 80 pieces of wood. At five a day that would be 20 days, 19 if you are able to turn in one extra piece of word on weekends. There are only 21 days for this event. That's barely a grace period to get the event finished and collect everything. Also I heard that collecting water didn't work. So that removes the one day of grace period we had. I am beginning to not see a point in doing this event unless they expand the event. I can not log in for almost three hours everyday. Some people actually have jobs to go to.
    But, 80/5 is 16, not 20...

As for the water issue, it works if you use the river in Tir (and probably the restaurant in Emain).
    NeroyAlof
  • badnewsbarrettbadnewsbarrett
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,890
    You get to turn in six on the weekends (I think only on Sundays but I'm not sure?) so you have to factor that into your math too.
  • Crystalrose1Crystalrose1
    Mabinogi Rep: 100
    as far as the water issue, i've had that twice already, i used the stream in tir, near ferghus, worked fine there
  • FayeKaibaFayeKaiba
    Mabinogi Rep: 10,670
    I got the quest today to get the water and I used the lake area that is in the back of the Emain Restaurant.
  • NekoLilyNekoLily
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,335
    You get to turn in six on the weekends (I think only on Sundays but I'm not sure?) so you have to factor that into your math too.

I can confirm you get 6 during week-end: both Saturday and Sunday. It seems like 5 are the usual quest + 1 already done to istantly use. And you can turn them all 6 to Luke, without any trouble.

So the Math should be 80-37= 43-37 = 6 [37 is based on how many you can do in 7 days, 5 for the week days and 6 for the week-ends]
    So 14 days + 6 (so a day and 1 wood)... that means a total of 15.1 days

I know there's a more valid math to do this, but too lazy to think about it and did it super easy
  • JoeybahnJoeybahn
    Mabinogi Rep: 710
    edited April 23, 2017
    I get what everyone is saying but I feel like this isn't a really fair event.
    I'm fine with only getting 5 essences a day.
    But being capped on only being able to turn in 5 pieces of wood a day is absurd.
    I work a lot and am maybe on for 2 or 3 hours a day including weekends.
    That gives me time to water and collect maybe 3 - 4 wood pieces so I keep carrying one over to the next day but can never turn it in.
    The wood just keeps stacking up in my inventory now.

-edit-
    Okay so I did the math and I should still be able to get the greenhouse, but I do still think they should remove the limit of wood turn ins and just keep the daily essence limited.
    Joeybahn wrote: »
    I get what everyone is saying but I feel like this isn't a really fair event.
    I'm fine with only getting 5 essences a day.
    But being capped on only being able to turn in 5 pieces of wood a day is absurd.
    I work a lot and am maybe on for 2 or 3 hours a day including weekends.
    That gives me time to water and collect maybe 3 - 4 wood pieces so I keep carrying one over to the next day but can never turn it in.
    The wood just keeps stacking up in my inventory now.

-edit-
    Okay so I did the math and I should still be able to get the greenhouse, but I do still think they should remove the limit of wood turn ins and just keep the daily essence limited.

There's actually a suggestion in Feedback to have the cap removed for wood being turned in, I hope if they ever bring this event back then they fix it :/
  • TNinjaTNinja
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,265
    He, being tediously unecessarily limited at receiving the woods, is limited to only 5 wood a day.
    If you miss a piece or something because the wood takes too long to grow before the new day passes, tough luck.

Now this weekend, Yela just gave you a free Essence of Spring. This totals in 6 Raw Wood.

Why are we getting more wood than the ungrateful Luke is willing to take?
    You can turn in six pieces of wood on Saturdays and Sundays if that's what you're asking. It's only five Monday-Friday.
  • TNinjaTNinja
    Oh great. Missed a pice then.

The event page was not misleading at all.
  • IyasenuIyasenu
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,265
    d9705c9713.png
    TNinja wrote: »

"Gain Special Tools from Artisan Yella, which are used in quests to get Essence of Spring. Up to 5 Special Tools, and thus Essences of Spring, can be gotten per day, with a bonus Essence of Spring obtainable after completing all 5 daily quests on weekends."

That was on the announcement page, but I agree they should have worded that better because it does sound confusing.
  • TNinjaTNinja

"Gain Special Tools from Artisan Yella, which are used in quests to get Essence of Spring. Up to 5 Special Tools, and thus Essences of Spring, can be gotten per day, with a bonus Essence of Spring obtainable after completing all 5 daily quests on weekends."

That was on the announcement page, but I agree they should have worded that better because it does sound confusing.

I know what I read. But here are my pointers.
    -"All 5 daily quests"
    The only daily quest you get is from Yela, and that's to gather one spring and deliver one raw wood. The rest is not in the quest log. This is misleading as is already.
    -With a bonus Essence of Spring"
    It was not told that we could deliver one more wood. Just that we were rewarded ANOTHER essence. In fact, we get said Essence of SPring, BEFORE we complete the first five gatherings. This already nulls out my first pointer if that was supposedly correctly worded.
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805

I know what I read. But here are my pointers.
    -"All 5 daily quests"
    The only daily quest you get is from Yela, and that's to gather one spring and deliver one raw wood. The rest is not in the quest log. This is misleading as is already.
    -With a bonus Essence of Spring"
    It was not told that we could deliver one more wood. Just that we were rewarded ANOTHER essence. In fact, we get said Essence of SPring, BEFORE we complete the first five gatherings. This already nulls out my first pointer if that was supposedly correctly worded.

I don't know who's in charge for making announcements, but all i know is that it got common now, almost every announcement they make has misleading information or typos in it. Not surprised anymore...
    badnewsbarrett
  • TNinjaTNinja
    I got banned for calling them out on it a while ago, so.

If this keeps up, I might as well get another vacation.
  • WolfandWolfWolfandWolf
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,900
    edited April 23, 2017
    I think I've discovered something, and I'm sure it's something that all of you might find very interesting. My roommate couldn't stay up to harvest the last 1 of his wood, so I made the suggestion that he should stay logged in and turn in his last piece of wood in the morning before getting a new daily quest (which would entail logging out or switching channels). Because I had a feeling that the wood limit might be connected to the daily quest, since Luke doesn't accept wood when it's active in your quest log until you get to the third step (which is "turn in wood to Luke").

Well, it worked, and my roommate effectively turned in 7 wood yesterday (Sunday); 1 of them turned in before receiving the daily quest and the 6 after.

This might mean the amount of wood Luke can receive resets with the daily quest and not time (because usually, event stuff resets at 10 AM for us, and the 7 wood was turned in hours after this time).

I can't guarantee it will work; Maybe it was a fluke, maybe the weekend is different, maybe my roommate lost count, heck maybe they lifted the wood restriction, but I figured I would share just in case.
  • ShoogShoog
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,535
    Well, it worked, and my roommate effectively turned in 7 wood yesterday (Sunday); 1 of them turned in before receiving the daily quest and the 6 after.

I had 2 essence left over from Friday but I had to afk throughout that night and most of Saturday due to a friend visiting over. I was able to use Friday's last two essences on Saturday for the last two pieces of wood, turned them in to the npc, and then completed the daily 500% exp fruit quest. Afterwards, I changed channels for the new event quests and started working on collecting Saturday's wood. I was concerned I would miss out on turning in a couple of the them since others have have issues with the npc not accepting them, but thankfully things worked out and I was able to turn in all of Saturday's wood.

I guess the issue with turning in extra wood for Saturday didn't affect me since I had never changed channels or relogged since Friday.
    WolfandWolf