Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

What events would you like to see comeback!!??

TheDumbOneTheDumbOne
Mabinogi Rep: 3,790
in General Chat
What events would you like to see comeback? :D
their hasn't been a lot of events happening lately >u> and im a bit lonely...
(the names below arent accurate to the events names i just dont remember exactly what their called)
  1. What Event was your fave or like to see come back?78 votes
    1. Flag Event (no limiters)
       4% (3 votes)
    2. Snow Events (XO, skiing)
       5% (4 votes)
    3. Red VS Blue (Water melon, Snowball fights)
       10% (8 votes)
    4. Courses w/ box prize at the end (Halloween houses,Candy Houses,Dream Event,etc)
       42% (33 votes)
    5. Seesaw to the Moon
       18% (14 votes)
    6. Afk/ Timed Events (mushroom, pheonix egg, etc)
       9% (7 votes)
    7. Gacha/Pay Influenced events (thanks given turky event for tails,Cat bingo with purchasable coins)
       12% (9 votes)

Comments

• HinotamaHinotama
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,420
    The April Fool's Day EXP event. Or at least the bonus from it. 10x exp from killing anything.
    TheDumbOne
  • NearlyNearly
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,355
    edited April 23, 2017
    Pretty much anything that isn't an AFK/spam SM event. Seriously that's all we really seem to get lately.
    TheDumbOneAeolysFweepIonSphyra21Sherri
  • TheNyanCatTheNyanCat
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,665
    Treasure events will always be the best to me.
    TheDumbOneAndrewGR
  • TsumukuTsumuku
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,610
    Seesaw to the Moon has been a long time. Although I think it may be interesting to see Dragon Boat Racing come back. Although they still haven't fixed rafting since they did it last time. Anyone else remember how it took them forever to fix it the first time only to bring back boat racing and leave it broken for all time?
  • TheDumbOneTheDumbOne
    Tsumuku wrote: »
    Seesaw to the Moon has been a long time. Although I think it may be interesting to see Dragon Boat Racing come back. Although they still haven't fixed rafting since they did it last time. Anyone else remember how it took them forever to fix it the first time only to bring back boat racing and leave it broken for all time?

when it comes to mabinogi bringing new "content" its ually so they dont add to what content they already have..... which is very noticeable *cough*
  • SaiSai
    Mabinogi Rep: 8,785
    TheDumbOne wrote: »
    But.. When was the last time we didn't have an event?

They need a fun event that makes me WANT to do stuff. Something with rewards that I'll actually want that isn't junk and know I'll get for doing it that isn't chance.

I kinda enjoy open world group effort events too, like the zombie attack one.
    TheDumbOneAlmostNotsuper
  • TheDumbOneTheDumbOne
    Sai wrote: »
    But.. When was the last time we didn't have an event?

They need a fun event that makes me WANT to do stuff. Something with rewards that I'll actually want that isn't junk and know I'll get for doing it that isn't chance.

I kinda enjoy open world group effort events too, like the zombie attack one.

all these new events r just sponging players to stay then to be enjoyable.... ill give it that.... what really makes me mad is things will be called "events" more so then ever before.... like gachas, "new content", and new items in the nx shop are now basically considered events. - its very stressful to play when i feel more like if i miss even a day in mabinogi i luck out on the only item these events r worth doing.... Plus... i dont like waiting... and some of these 1 good item events take up to 3 weeks of dishing out. like waiting 3 weeks alone isnt worth 1 good free item in a ""free mmo....
  • KouyioueKouyioue
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,030
    edited April 23, 2017
    Hilwen Mine Nightmare

Being part of the 100% brigade was fun.

Seriously.... literally our only permanent competetive minigame is the friggin dragon egg defense ... and jousting.
    Screw prizes and all of that 'coerce me to play' nonsense. It was just so fun !
  • NilremNilrem
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,880
    Even though Cat Bingo's coins could just be bought, I actually really liked the event.

The fact coins could drop from enemies everywhere based on CP made collecting them easy, and since there wasn't a limit on what you had to do, it was generally far more enjoyable to me than SM spamming.

In fact, a lot of the more interactive events were good, even XO event (as grindy as the last one was).

Doki Doki island would also not be bad, new players could use a fair chance at flight coupons.

Just about anything sounds better than afk events these days.
    FweepAmelina
  • AeolysAeolys
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,115
    Next event is probably going to be another: Hold onto this [mcguffin] for 36 minutes and you will get a [token]. Collect and exchange your [tokens] for [mediocre prizes] or you can exchange 80 [tokens] (that will take logging in on every single day of the event duration to obtain) for the [featured item] which may be a [set of unimpressive clothing], a [bag of some mediocre capacity that doesn't work with other similar bags] or a [shiny homestead prop].
    FweepTheDumbOneSylviaWolfevioletkitt
  • GentlemenGentlemen
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,340
    Manus Potion Fishing
    Ladame
  • KagaKaga
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,170
    Treasure chest and Homestead Candy Bonzana event.
    hyaciinthTsumukuDaktaroTheDumbOneXiokunShoogLadameHiroki05FweepNilremand 2 others.
  • nevyn25nevyn25
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,135
    I'd like to see loraine's nightmare make a return. and yes, I know it's in festia now, but I want it to be actually rewarding (like get exp and gold, and some nice prizes instead of just a useless festia box)
    TheDumbOneSherri
  • DaktaroDaktaro
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,335
    candy bonanza
    been waiting for it since last time 2 years ago lol. got more stuffs to be dyed.
    FweepSelenija
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    I have been asking Candy Bonanza for A YEAR now.... Still waiting...
    FweepSelenija
  • ZeoZeo
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,030
    edited April 24, 2017
    I would like to see Iria Treasure Chest event to come back and have them drop rare sewing patterns again like back in 2010 or so... maybe update the reward a bit.

In term of cash shop things... I'd also like to see updated Catchapon event with the new reward list while giving some useful items such as Complete Skill Potion (1day) and skill exp seals and/or revamped Magical Bingo Gachapon where you can open the gachapons and fill out the bingo board to get certain rewards... maybe make it so you get Sweetiepie/Cutiepie wings (those haven't been released for 3 years now... they did get released in the Mabinogi Anime Expo in 2016 during summer but as an untradeable item... so people couldn't get it if they didn't attend there) and I think they need to be re-released badly) for completing the whole board? :)
    LadameFweepSylviaWolfeTwelie
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
    edited April 24, 2017
    http://wiki.mabinogiworld.com/view/Homestead_Candy_Tree_Growing_Event\
    This.

I still have those trees rotting behind my treehouse.

Also I would love to see the return of the Constellation Event http://wiki.mabinogiworld.com/view/Constellation_Event. I need soooooo much more of those mobiles to cover my even bigger homestead. (Plus I would love to see the price drop again to make my galaxy more possible).
    FweepTwelie
  • SgiathachSgiathach
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,095
    edited April 24, 2017
    Greta wrote: »
    I have been asking Candy Bonanza for A YEAR now.... Still waiting...

http://forums.mabinogi.nexon.net/discussion/2813/bring-back-one-of-the-most-injoyable-events
    i have been asking for 8 years.... good luck....
    Hunt for Treasure Chest Event that we got in 2008 that we NEVER got a 2ed time :/
  • Your Fallen GodYour Fallen God
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,070
    The uncap my Spirit Weapon event.
  • iGUMMYB3ARSiGUMMYB3ARS
    Mabinogi Rep: 255
    edited April 25, 2017
    Honestly, it'd be nice to not just have old events come back, but to make coupon hairs into pon hairs. I've noticed pons have been quite useless now besides having it for fashion section unlocked and it would be nice to see pons useful again.

Regarding event-wise, x8-x10 training exp event would be nice.
    TheDumbOneTwelie