Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the Mini-games + Quality of Life Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/91106/mini-games-quality-of-life-update-patch-notes-april-11th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Need a bit of help in making a decision

PandaninjaPandaninja
Mabinogi Rep: 830
in Help
I'm currently an Elf Mage + Alchemist + Bard. I can do pretty well and can basically handle things like all stages of MA (Hail Hydra, hide, and pets) but I suck at having good damage output without waiting a decade to charge up everything (other than my chain casting bolts). I was wondering what I should branch off into for good damage. I've made this thread before and got some feedback but with the new updates I'm not sure if it influences anything.

Puppet:
- Gotta crank up that STR + DEX
- Not as reliant on stats as dual guns
- Pretty cool
- Alchemy + Puppetry has pretty good synergy

Dual Guns:
- Already have a lot of INT from magic, so I only need to crank up STR
- A lot more reliant on stats than puppetry
- I don't get as much STR as giants or humans can

Archery:
- New skill has something to do with this I think
- If I can get my crit to a good percentage, I believe I can achieve pretty good DPS
- Only gotta worry about DEX, and paves way for puppetry if I ever do it

Ninja:
- Very useful kit
- Gotta worry about STR + WILL instead >.>
- Not enough buttons for me to hold all the skills from mage + alch + ninja (though same could be said for dual guns and puppetry)
- I can't get high enough STR

Any help is appreciated, thanks guys!
  1. What should I branch into?8 votes
    1. Puppetry
       38% (3 votes)
    2. Dual Guns
       38% (3 votes)
    3. Archery
       13% (1 vote)
    4. Ninja
       0% (0 votes)
    5. Other
       0% (0 votes)
    6. None
       13% (1 vote)

Comments

• NilremNilrem
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,880
    Dual guns should still be good if you can manage to get around 1k INT, even with the reduced STR of elves.

Archery on the other hand...that is a path that involves far more than dex, so be ready for that if you decide to do so.

Ninja should also be decent, and you will still want to train it if you go dual guns for that extra STR.

As for puppets...actually I have no experience with puppets. Can't really say much about them.
    Pandaninja
  • TsumukuTsumuku
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,610
    Have you already got the life skills that grant int (potion making, mushroom gathering, ...), if not that may be a good route.
    Before branching into something that doesn't align with your current stats, it may be worth ranking skills that require CP while you can (if you haven't done them) such as windmill.
    Really not sure of where you stand stat, or skill wise within your skill sets.
    Pandaninja
  • AlmostNotsuperAlmostNotsuper
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,240
    Puppets are cool, but they're not going to speed things up for you if you're already a decent mage. Puppets are pretty slow compared to other things, nowadays.

Magic is one of the best all-round damage dealers. Personally, I think you'd be better off trying to improve your magic DPS, either by making a casting speed set or getting moar magic damage, or both. Archery's not going to be much better than a good chaincast firebolt for single target damage. Unless you reforge for archery, it's probably not even going to match firebolt spam (except maybe while Vision of Ladeca is on), and if you're willing to reforge you minus swell just reforge for firebolt.

Otherwise, dual guns should be faster for most things, and easier to branch into since you have some int. Keep in mind, I say this mostly based on observation (I dislike hybrid talents, except for puppets, so I haven't used them very much).
    Pandaninja