Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Inactive account time limit till deletion

FrahaleahFrahaleah
Mabinogi Rep: 1,680
in Help
Is there an amount of time an account can be inactive before it gets 'locked/deleted'? I've looked around the net, some say 4 months, some say 1-2 years, others say the accounts never get locked or deleted. My question is, due to a move coming up irl, and not wanting to lose my account due to inactivity, how long can an account stay inactive before it gets locked or deleted? Also is it even true that when an account is locked, everything on it, pets and characters, are erased?

Comments

• TsumukuTsumuku
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,610
    Accounts only get locked or deleted as a part of actions taken against botters or those that have used excessive mods. There is no inactivity period in which an account will be deleted.
  • FrahaleahFrahaleah
    Tsumuku wrote: »
    Accounts only get locked or deleted as a part of actions taken against botters or those that have used excessive mods. There is no inactivity period in which an account will be deleted.

Ah ok, I wasn't entirely sure, since like in my original post, there were multiple time periods. Thanks. Last thing I need is my account to suddenly not work, considering how far the account is in terms of time played.
  • TsumukuTsumuku
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,610
    edited April 23, 2017
    I have accounts that were used to visit/play on other servers. Some of them have had inactivity periods of 5-6 years and are still functional. I just logged into my Mari account a several weeks ago after not being on it since Late 2010 - Early 2011.

Edit: Used the number 5, when really I should have said several. 5 was meaning just over a month.
  • FrahaleahFrahaleah
    Dang...