Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the Mini-games + Quality of Life Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/91106/mini-games-quality-of-life-update-patch-notes-april-11th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Bring back the Wishbone event & Tail Gachapon

JohanaJohana
Mabinogi Rep: 765
edited April 23, 2017 in Feedback and Suggestions
Hello everyone, I am a user from server Ruairi. I've read that several people including me, for personal studying reasons or house problems have left the game behind months ago. But me and my friends are back! <3 It seems like they have introduced new, interesting and fun games, including the "Tail Gachapon" that I have been waiting for so long. I would love to have it back, since I really wanted to participte but, for unfortunate reasons, couldnt. In my personal opinion, it would be a great oportunity for people who came back, just like my friends and I did, to enjoy the game.

Comments

• LeineiLeinei
    Mabinogi Rep: 16,440
    edited April 23, 2017
    To be honest, unless Nexon makes the tails permanent (without need of a coupon) and greatly increase their potential drop rate, I don't think people will go for the idea. =(
  • AeolysAeolys
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,115
    Tails Gachapon has Tails as their featured item. This meant that you could bet on not getting the item you want and instead get padding like potions, potions, potions, potions and more potions. On top of the abysmal pull rates, they will expire. They will not "lock out" until you renew it like other items that expires, it will literally be removed from your inventory.

The permanent tails are from the god awful wishbone event where you collect wishbones from the afk-event (you collect random bugs, where you actually collect rare random bug because you need one of each) or from buying gachapon--- yes a pay-to-"win" event. 820 wishbones to be exact. You get 2-4 wishbones from using a Tail Gachapon. Math says no.
    Greta
  • LeineiLeinei
    Yeah, that was handled rather badly in my opinion... =(
  • BlissfulkillBlissfulkill
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,425
    The tail gachapon event was terrible and cancerous, and one of the worst showings of Nexon in recent years.
    badnewsbarrettGreta
  • RingabelRingabel
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,030
    op why do you want the worst event in recent years back

there's a reason why the regular permanent tail prices are so inflated - it's because the drop rate was so abysmal, you literally have no chance at getting a tail unless a: rng jesus is on your side, or b: you pump $200 usd+ into the wishbone gacha / packages to be able to redeem them in for a permanent tail, and even then the tail you get is randomised.

and the final kicker is that going f2p locks you out of majority of the rewards during the event, too. unless nexon revamps the event to not be so biased towards p2w players, it shouldn't come back again.
  • ZeoZeo
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,030
    I somewhat support this because I was on break from Mabi at that time Nexon did the tail gachapon plus the event because there's certain items I really want (few title coupons) and some armor pieces I missed out on.. maybe do something different about it and put those in a new type of gachapon?
  • JohanaJohana
    Mabinogi Rep: 765
    Nexon could fix some fails in the event to make it more fun :( and enjoyable
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    Nope nope nope nope. Not gonna support this. That event was 99% pay to win.
  • NegumikoNegumiko
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,775
    edited April 24, 2017
    if the tail gacha comes back be prepared to either spend over a hundred dollars on bad drop rates or have a 100mil gold in mabi to get the tail you want.
  • BlissfulkillBlissfulkill
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,425
    edited April 24, 2017
    Johana wrote: »
    Nexon could fix some fails in the event to make it more fun :( and enjoyable

It was bad enough they improved it halfway by doubling the wishbones from the wishbone event and gacha drops.

In any case, I am always for more tails. I think as far as improvements go, they are hard to make. Mine goes as follows

-Ixnay on the temporary tails that need a 4$ coupon every 3 months. That is utter crap. Replace them with permanent tails without altering the drop rate to be lower. If anything, they should higher.
    -Make the droprate higher this time around.
    -Honestly, avoid tying an ingame event with gachapons.
    -Keep the reward system that would grant permanent tails if you bought enough, but lower it to make it feasible, and keep it a seperate, webshop thing to avoid being intrusive.

However, with the midway revamp, the wishbone event rewarded a 5x level fruit every day, which would make getting to level 200 easy. That's something to consider. It was also "AFK for 36 minutes for a chance of getting your bugs at a low droprate, max of 5 chances a day" sort of thing.
  • BleydeBleyde
    Mabinogi Rep: 200
    Sounds interesting. i want to participate in that event because i didnt had the time to play the game. i hope to see any revamped edition of this event
  • JulithJulith
    Mabinogi Rep: 300
    i´d like to have an opportunity to participate ,since i found it might be fun and interesting and i´d get my hands on a fox tail. 8>
  • ShouKShouK
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,735
    So can we bring back all events then because it's inevitable that for every events there will be some players that miss out on them due to real life
  • LeineiLeinei
    I would much rather support a new event where tails are rewards rather than that debacle. The only way you really got a tail was paying into it with real life money A LOT.
  • NearlyNearly
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,355
    Something like this "event" should never be brought back. The only way a person could ever have earned a tail was by spending a butt-ton of money on Gachas since the event itself would never actually give the amount needed.

It was pretty much a huge cash grab.
  • Darkpixie99Darkpixie99
    Mabinogi Rep: 8,660
    Two words: No Way In Metus
    The event and sale were so poorly planned and lacked any calculations, that it had me thinking Nexon was as dimwitted as Gaia Online's marketing team.