Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Neamhain

AmelinaAmelina
Mabinogi Rep: 1,400
edited April 12, 2017 in Story Discussion
Spoilers so if you haven't done G9~12 and a little bit of 13~16 don't read this. You've Been Warned!
If you've done it or simply don't care then, go ahead.
Also if I did the spoiler thing wrong, I'm sorry I've never done it before this is my first time trying.
So we all know that Neamhain had a son, who is now dead or something, I forgot. And we know that after the events of G11 and the Milletian took the Brionac she was just gone. HOWEVER When it came time for G12 we force her to come back through a talisman simply to get her almost killed by Nuadha. We do save her but she still disappears. At the end of G12 Morrighan tells the Milletian to restore Neamhain's power.........BUT WE NEVER DO! We just go to Avon and then get almost killed by Morrighan! So where is Neamhain? At the end of G16 we see Morrighan, Cichol, and Nuadha back together in Falias....BUT NO NEAMHAIN! So where is she? Did we not save her in time? Did I maybe miss something?
  1. So what do you think happened to her?59 votes
    1. Dead
       17% (10 votes)
    2. Who cares no one likes her anyway
       8% (5 votes)
    3. Amelina you need to stop posting things
       5% (3 votes)
    4. She's fine we just don't see her again.
       69% (41 votes)

Comments

• TsumikkiTsumikki
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,200
    Neamhain was always weird, a single familiar god out of the cast who actually created stuff.
    So if she is a fake sister, she just could be back where those higher gods live, because there's no need in spy now. Thanks to our player race everything works fine now yay
    If she is as we know, that could mean she was blessed by Aton Cimeni by those additional powers just like Divine Knights and since she went bonkers, now probably she's somewhere Avon-like. Which one would be more preferable? The son stuff I'd ignore because is just feels like a bad writing.
  • GTCvActiumGTCvActium
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,125
    Elatha was her son's name, and yes he did die. The circumstances of his death are that he sacrificed himself to save Andras. Elatha was killed when Cichol's doppelganger absorbed him granting it demigod powers. During the millitian's battle with the doppelganger, they technically stole Elatha's life force into ourselves thus granting them demigod status. As for what happened to Neamhain after the battle, its implied that she's completely removed herself from Erinn and all its affairs given the massive trauma she endured (her fault too) the same thing that Morrighan promised to do at the end of G16. As it currently stands at the start of Saga 1 there are currently no more active gods in Erinn, the only deities that are still involved are whatever servants the gods assigned, in this case, Nao(appointed caretaker of the soul stream), Eabha(appointed care taker of falias, Aonbharr(appointed guardian of falias), and the Millitian (technically still the appointed guardian of Erinn by order of Morrighan).
  • AlmostNotsuperAlmostNotsuper
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,240
    Tsumikki wrote: »
    The son stuff I'd ignore because is just feels like a bad writing.

You shut your dirty mouth. Elatha was bae before Altam was even concept art.
    SpkrSherriAlshian
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    The son stuff I'd ignore because is just feels like a bad writing.

You shut your dirty mouth. Elatha was bae before Altam was even concept art.

Nah...
  • TsumikkiTsumikki
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,200
    edited April 12, 2017
    Did someone mentioned waifu wars for bumping purposes?
    Neamhain > Macha = Morrighan
    I want more of them all in the storyyy
    Too bad their story time has ended it looks like.
  • scorpin99scorpin99
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,180
    This could actually be a reason for irrind's curse breaking and the shylien nature reserve's appearance. With nemhian either dead or gone, her influnce over these areas are faulting and it could be that they're returning to their natural state, that being silva forest for vales and the shylien nature reserve for connous.
    Sherri
    scorpin99 wrote: »
    This could actually be a reason for irrind's curse breaking and the shylien nature reserve's appearance. With nemhian either dead or gone, her influnce over these areas are faulting and it could be that they're returning to their natural state, that being silva forest for vales and the shylien nature reserve for connous.

Or maybe a Hippy Bear and his Emo Pedophile Friend went and released all of her seals, and that caused those changes.
    Did someone mentioned waifu wars for bumping purposes?
    Neamhain > Macha = Morrighan
    I want more of them all in the storyyy
    Too bad their story time has ended it looks like.

Yeah, I'd like to see more of them too. The way they ended their involvement in G16 was pretty crappy.

What we learned about the gods/goddesses:
    -Each one had their own vision for Tir Na Nog (Dunno exactly what any of them are though)
    -Apparently, they didn't actually know what they were doing, since it seems like all they ever needed to do was get rid of Bella to prevent the destruction of Erinn, and none of them ever thought to do this

That's about it.

It also seems kinda dumb how they decided to bring Tarlach and Ruairi back into the story to prevent the gods from meddling right after the gods decided to leave Erinn alone, with no immediate motivation. I imagine Ruairi brought some wine with him when he finally went to see Tarlach after all those years, and Tarlach suggested it while in a drunken stupor.

"Hey.... RUAIRI hey Ruairi!" Tarlach mumbles as he repeatedly presses his hands on Ruairi's face, clearly drunk.

"Zzzzzzzzzzzz...*snort* Wha-what man?"

"I've been thinking and you know... you know what we should do?"

"What should we d-"

"We gotta get RID of those pesky GODS! I can't SLEEP MAN; they're always around to keep me awake. There's two of 'em on your shoulder right now, just laughin' at me ...Menacingly!"

Ruairi wildly swats at a moth on his shoulder as Tarlach continues.

"I can't sleep with all these gods everywhere bro, we gotta get rid of 'em. And they killed your waifu too. What was her na-"

"WAAAAAAAAAAGGGGGHHHH!TRIONA!!!", Ruairi suddenly bursts into tears.

"Yeah her... I tell you what. We'll go to Iria and get some new gods - even more annoying than ours. They'll keep our gods awake so they'll be too tired to stop me from SLEEPING. And maybe they can bring that girl back too so you can stop crying - OK Ruairi?"

Ruairi was pumped up at this suggestion, so he went on a drunken rampage around Iria, until he found a charm to give to tarlach, and then they went and undid all of the seals in Iria. Their hair grew because after that night, they never got their lives back together - they didn't age, they were simply unkempt (Tarlach just happens to have naturally gorgeous hair and a hairless face; he was the one who first coined the phrase "I woke up like this").

It's hard to say whether they were drunk for the entire Saga, or they felt like they had to commit to the plan after the Cessair and the dragons hopped on board. Ruairi being drunk would explain why he mistook Millia for Triona though, and why he had some strange, mostly incoherent interactions with Shamala.
    ObsimSherriYorozuyaRimbaud
  • AmelinaAmelina
    edited April 13, 2017
    I mean Dian was another Goddess, and she was the one who wanted to make sure Gods were gone. So if anything it was her who caused it all.

That story though XD

I definitely would love to see in G21 a moment where the Milletian and the Divine Knights are too weak to get rid of the threat, and then the old Diety come in and just demolish everything. That could also cause the Milletian to possibly have new Demigod skills as well, so that we can defeat the enemies without having to rely on them.

Cause I mean, they never show their true power...and if they are actually as weak as they are in the generations then that means a freaking Emerald Golem could obliterate them. I assume they just seem weak to make the Generations easier. AND MACHA!? We hit her like 70 times and she runs away....or just smash her once with bleeding effect and she's gone. WEAK!

Deities vs 1 Emerald Golem....UTTER DEFEAT! Deities squashed by Golem!

PS: Who was the one that told me to stop posting things XD
  • SollSoll
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,330
    Amelina wrote: »
    I definitely would love to see in G21 a moment where the Milletian and the Divine Knights are too weak to get rid of the threat, and then the old Diety come in and just demolish everything. That could also cause the Milletian to possibly have new Demigod skills as well, so that we can defeat the enemies without having to rely on them.

To be honest, with all the references to Aton Cimeni and the invlovement of the elder, i wouldn't be surprised we actually get to see ol' Aton, since he was the one to give the knights their power.

I'd be willing to say that the elder is Aton himself, with how he was aware of being spied on through his trinket and all. and that the prophets are going after his corpse (? mortal body? who knows at this point) would make sense.
  • FroglordFroglord
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,020
    edited April 17, 2017
    Each of the gods, including Nao are symbiotic entities that use humans as mediums to sustain themselves.

Mari/Nao is possessed partially or gradually by "Holda" the gracefull white haired goddess of the heavens.
    Cichol and Morrighan are inhabiting un-named individuals who were childhood friends (In vindictus it's Keaghan and Tieve)
    Macha Possesses gingers
    Nuadha possesses a humunculous or failed claimh solas transmutation, or is most likely a defective Eabha clone.

As for Neamhain, she could possess any number of Nemeton inhabitants. Neamhain could transform at will to become any living mammal or being to blend in.

IMO she looks like Shamala without make-up.

240px-Neamhain.png128px-Shamala.png

SollDANIartsVioletBoy
  • AmelinaAmelina
    Like Neamhainn is actually the quest/reward owl.........

"Macha possesses gingers" I laughed too hard.
    I never really noticed the similarity between the two actually, and Shamala DOES appear AFTER Neamhainn dis---- wait no, then why would she growl so much?
    Why Nemeton inhabitants though?

As for Aton Cimeni's involvement that definitely would be an awesome thing to see. It would also explain why the Milletian of all people found the necklace and is the only one who can do anything with it, considering being a Demigod. If you understand what I'm getting at XD.
    Froglord wrote: »
    Each of the gods, including Nao are symbiotic entities that use humans as mediums to sustain themselves.

Mari/Nao is possessed partially or gradually by "Holda" the gracefull white haired goddess of the heavens.
    Cichol and Morrighan are inhabiting un-named individuals who were childhood friends (In vindictus it's Keaghan and Tieve)
    Macha Possesses gingers
    Nuadha possesses a humunculous or failed claimh solas transmutation, or is most likely a defective Eabha clone.

As for Neamhain, she could possess any number of Nemeton inhabitants. Neamhain could transform at will to become any living mammal or being to blend in.

IMO she looks like Shamala without make-up.

240px-Neamhain.png128px-Shamala.png

This is an interesting idea. However, I don't remember any mention of Nuadha doing anything like that, and I think the Neamhain part is a bit of a stretch too. It's never mentioned that she does anything like this either, and she looks nothing like Shamala to me, except for their similar eye colors, I guess.

I really would like to know more about the gods though. What is their position/motivation? And I've been wondering how they're related to Aton Cimeni ever since the Alban Knights appeared - why work with these guys when you've got some lesser gods to do your bidding?
  • AmelinaAmelina
    I both love and hate that went strayed from the main Deities, I need to know more about them! At least make side quests about them or something, I would love to know all their background stories.
  • LeineiLeinei
    Mabinogi Rep: 16,440
    edited April 23, 2017
    I feel like Shamala could possibly be somehow related to the Settlers/Ban since she doesn't remember having parents other than animals. Also, if she were Shamala, I highly doubt such a proud Goddess would take the abuse of someone like Millia, who literally picks a fight with the Shaman and then proceeds to engage in it.

Remember what Neamhain did during the Alchemy storyline. She pretended to be a Lost Elf, who you wind up "saving" from Longa. I wouldn't put it past her to do that again, or to make herself look like a Giant... and that idea just prompted me to looking into to something. Oddly enough Dowra reminds me of Neamhain because of their posture and the way they BOTH look at you.

Dowra.pngNeamhain.png

Look familiar? That pose could be a habit of Neamhain's. Dowra's demeanor also seems of interest, as she doesn't really dismiss the Elves beyond some teasing directed at Maike, who let's face it, short of not turning into a Ghost, is the poster child for Elven suffering. He's taken physical injury, he's lost loved ones, and he's angry and bitter for it, as well as suffering from insomnia. However, never is any of that directed toward the Irinid, which would be extremely justified given how she's destroyed their lands and their people (Ghost curse), just the Giants. Technically, Neamhain created the Elves and Giants, and therefore they are her children. Perhaps after the events involving Elatha, the situation involving the Elves and Giants began to strike a chord.

It would be interesting if Neamhain could somehow split herself in twain (or did as a result of "losing her light"), and possibly be both Dowra and Maike, which could lead to a storyline that the Curse of the Irinid that's inflicted on the Giants and Elves. Perhaps said curse is based on the idea that if the Elves and Giants keep fighting one another, the curse will stay in place, and Neamhain pops in and out of both of their societies, keeping the flames of hate burning (remember, the curse came about because the Elves and the Giants desired and began fighting over the Heart of Courcle, thinking they'd become as strong as the Irinid). However, Akule (or any other Shaman) never mentions any divine energy from either Maike or Dowra, though his mind is elsewhere, thinking of Millia, at the point he becomes involved with them.

The reasoning for the curse coming down and the environments becoming more friendly could vary in cause: Nuadha's attack on Neamhain, the fact that Giants and Elves (Tuatha, not Millietian) wound up banding together in the Alchemy storyline (though this is huge supposition on my part), the involvement of Black Mask in the Saga portion, or other reasoning.

DANIarts
    Am I really the only one who thinks Shamala is a panther who learned how to transform from Akule?
    Sherri
  • LeineiLeinei
    I thought she was related to the Settlers/Ban since she was all by herself and raised by animals, but that's an interesting idea! =D
    Sherri
  • AmelinaAmelina
    edited April 24, 2017
    I...just want to know where Neamhain is :C DEVELOPERS PLEASE BRING HER BACK T^T .......... @daereus ! I forgot how to spell your name crunching ont ime here, bring her back!

inb4 he appears next to me transformed into neamhain one day

PS: Please don't destroy my mind with all these theories, but all awesome theories!
  • LeineiLeinei
    I hope I'm wrong too because I love Maike and Dowra, and regarding the theory where Neamhain is both of them, I could only see that happening if either, neither of them existed originally, or if something happened to them and Neamhain took their places. =(
  • AmelinaAmelina
    I don't think she is them, the Deities aren't really that powerful when we really think about it, she is either one or none of them, definitely not both.

The reason I say they are weak is because we ca defeat them and yet there's so many monsters stronger than us, thus stronger than them.
  • LeineiLeinei
    The only Goddess (?) we've actually fought and killed is Dian Cecht, which might have only been possible because she split herself, sticking her emotions in Cessair's Heart, and in effect weakening her power in her bid to make herself a more calculating individual.

Theoretically, we could defeat the Gods/Goddesses since we have the Brionac, but bear in mind that they only times they've really taken any damage was when they were pitted against one another (for example, Neamhain vs. Nuadha and Cichol vs. Morrighan, which takes place before G1 when she calls for aid) or in the case when Jenna, wielding Shock and the Brionac, temporarily killed Cichol. That's right, he comes BACK. That means others could potentially do the same.

Nuadha we had to seal away, so we never really beat him.

Morrighan, we've never fought. Same with Neamhain and Cichol.

Macha, we only wore her down a bit. It was Tarlach after tapping who-knows-what who managed to overcome her destructive power, sent us over to the Lia Fail, allowing us to destroy it, freeing Millia and thus sending Macha back where she came.

So... yeah, I wouldn't necessarily call them weak...
    Sherri