Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the Mini-games + Quality of Life Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/91106/mini-games-quality-of-life-update-patch-notes-april-11th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

New Content is Exclusively Limited [Rant]

Comments

• PandaninjaPandaninja
    Mabinogi Rep: 830
    I completely agree with everything you said. Unfortunately I feel like our voices won't really be heard because I think everything game development-wise is handled in Korea, so I think only Korean players' feedback would be taken into consideration. I may be wrong though!

While the old code may be completely confusing and that new developers can hardly do anything to it other than to start from scratch, I do think the best they can do for a "revamp" would be to update old content to fit into new things, like adding more clothing to clothing shops like you suggested, and provide better textures for old equipment. They don't even have to make new models if they don't want to, but I really dislike have a 1 pixel knight armor (exaggeration ofc)
  • ShaeliShaeli
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,430
    edited April 24, 2017
    Pandaninja wrote: »
    While the old code may be completely confusing and that new developers can hardly do anything to it other than to start from scratch, I do think the best they can do for a "revamp" would be to update old content to fit into new things, like adding more clothing to clothing shops like you suggested, and provide better textures for old equipment. They don't even have to make new models if they don't want to, but I really dislike have a 1 pixel knight armor (exaggeration ofc)

If they wanted to bring old items up to the level of detail of newer equipment, a new and more detailed 3D mesh for said items would do a lot more good than new textures, but it would really take both. (Which, unfortunately probably won't happen because that's time and money not being spent on the next gatcha cashgrab.)
    Twelie
  • GenuisenieGenuisenie
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,190
    I would definitely say you're slightly wrong on the money sink part...considering Advanced Hardmode passes and Phantasm passes cost bucket loads of money to create (100-200k and 750k respectively). But it's still not enough to counteract the inflation rate.
  • FweepFweep
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,015
    edited April 25, 2017
    I've said it before and I'll say it again, they should add "non-VIP" Festia tickets that you can buy and play the games as often as you want with friends or just to practice; make it so the scores you get with the non-VIP tickets don't count towards the scoreboards AND you don't get a Festia Box. It's really just for fun/practice. If it HAS to give something, maybe coins that you can then use to buy Festia boxes. Maybe need 20 coins to get one Festia box, so VIP tickets are still very valuable in that department.

It could also be a potentially good goldsink. Not an outrageous price for a ticket either, but you know what I mean.
  • TwelieTwelie
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,840
    edited April 25, 2017
    There have been countless suggestion threads revolving around all of those, someone even made a mega post linking to all the topics that go in detail as to systems that could help, small changes that could be made, etc. Such as the whole revamp of hairstyles put in for npcs also being given to players, or old outfit remodels, or putting in more sewing/ blacksmith patterns that can be gotten from working in game (and bringing back old ones only avaliable in the old gacha). There were also threads that went into detail for a revamp of cooking, VIP/Premium service, etc.

I read through most of those threads. They were all fairly well thought out and gave insight and good ideas as to how to better the game, and increase it's longevity.

Sadly I don't think there was ever any feedback from devs. I would love for the community to feel as though they are being heard, but even I myself feel bad about it.

I also understand mabi is a ton of black boxes. I just wish something could be done and the time and effort to understand and rework the game could be put in. However, there's no telling how much time and money that would take at all.
    Xiokun