Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Regarding Tails...

BippiBippi
Mabinogi Rep: 850
in Item/Premium Shop
What happens when a 7-day or 30-day tail reaches 0? Does it just become unusable or does it disappear? o_O
I wouldn't mind paying 4k NX every 3 months (for the tail replacement coupon) if it means I can just renew the tail and just pay less when I first get one.
... or does it only extend it for 90 days and that's it? I assumed the system worked similar to Maplestory's pay-to-rent fashion stuff.

Comments

• CyberjoelCyberjoel
    Mabinogi Rep: 715
    There are tickets to turn them permanent :o
  • BippiBippi
    Cyberjoel wrote: »

Any idea how much those are? I feel like they're expensive.
  • FayeKaibaFayeKaiba
    Mabinogi Rep: 10,670
    Bippi wrote: »

15-20mil On Mari.
    The best bet is keep extending them with the cash shop tickets. The tails disappear when they hit zero so it is best to extend them a couple of days before that.
  • BippiBippi
    FayeKaiba wrote: »

15-20mil On Mari.
    The best bet is keep extending them with the cash shop tickets. The tails disappear when they hit zero so it is best to extend them a couple of days before that.

Jesus Christ on a stick...

I definitely needed to know about the latter though, just in case I end up with a temp tail. Thank you! :D
  • NegumikoNegumiko
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,775
    actually the coupon does not extend the tail duration. it allows you to exchange your temp tail for another one that is the same type and lasts 90 days. so if you like your tail a certain color you might end up spending 50k to 100k to dye it every 90 days. 90 day tail replacement coupons are about 2 or 3 mil on Alexina soyou don't always have to use NX if you can farm a lot of gold.
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    edited April 24, 2017
    Negumiko wrote: »
    actually the coupon does not extend the tail duration. it allows you to exchange your temp tail for another one that is the same type and lasts 90 days. so if you like your tail a certain color you might end up spending 50k to 100k to dye it every 90 days. 90 day tail replacement coupons are about 2 or 3 mil on Alexina soyou don't always have to use NX if you can farm a lot of gold.

So every 90 days you have to pay 2-3m gold for a coupon then pay at least 100k up to 2m gold (if you want to dye it with pure colors). What a waste.... You can't even go on hiatus for too long if you don't want to lose your tail. Better just save up some gold and buy your permanent tail for 20-60m (depends what kind of tail it is, most expensive one is Fox Tail and cheapest is probably Kuon Tail, which looks like a long noodle lol)
    Negumiko
  • NegumikoNegumiko
    Greta wrote: »
    So every 90 days you have to pay 2-3m gold for a coupon then pay at least 100k up to 2m gold (if you want to dye it with pure colors). What a waste.... You can't even go on hiatus for too long if you don't want to lose your tail. Better just save up some gold and buy your permanent tail for 20-60m (depends what kind of tail it is, most expensive one is Fox Tail and cheapest is probably Kuon Tail, which looks like a long noodle lol)

a permanent tail is what I would suggest going for. back when the tail gacha was around the perm dog tail and tiger tail went for 15 to 20 mil, perm cat tail was 30 to 40 mil, and perm fox tail was 45 to 60mil on Alexina. I think the gacha had a very low chance of giving a perm tail and I ended up with a perm tiger tail and paid 22 mil and traded my perm tiger for the perm cat tail. might be a lot to pay all at once but if you intend to stay in mabi a lot longer then in the end a permanent tail is worth it cause you don't have to pay those super high fees every 90 days or risk losing your tail by letting it expire.
    Greta
  • NekoLilyNekoLily
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,335
    90 day tail replacement coupons are about 2 or 3 mil on Alexina soyou don't always have to use NX if you can farm a lot of gold.

In Mari you can buy the replacement coupons for 200k-1m each. During the Tail Gachapon a lot of players hoarded so many Replacement Coupons that the market was overwhelmed with them: in a matter of less than 4 weeks it dropped from the initial 2-3m to 300k and even arrived to 200k one time.
    [There's a coupon in Housing for 1m now, but you can sometimes see players selling them in shop at Belvast for 300-500k ea]
  • FloristFlorist
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,535

On Ruairi, Permanent coupons were atleast 40m upon release; But dropped to 10-15m due to the Eweca Gacha update. Sometimes it seems easier to just purchase the extended coupons, even though you'll be throwing a bit more just to dye it to your desired color. Though, I think it'd save you money in the long run to just save up the money and buy a perm coupon, or test your luck in the Eweca gacha.
  • RingabelRingabel
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,030
    edited April 25, 2017
    90 day tail replacement coupons are about 2 or 3 mil on Alexina so you don't always have to use NX if you can farm a lot of gold.

No they're not, that's grossly overpriced. You can find replacement coupons from 200 - 500k in Alexina.
    > I've bought two for 200k recently, which is 6 months duration.

But in the long run, it feels cheaper to maintain a expiring tail than to sink 15-20m into a perm coupon - even the cost of having to redye it every few months won't be as pricy as the cost of getting your hands on a perm tail / coupon. Unless you're using pure colours / gacha specific colours ( that cost 1-2m a pop ), you should just stick with a temp tail.
  • GretaGreta
    I won't suggest temporary tail if you like sometimes to go on hiatus...
  • BippiBippi
    ^ Yeah, I also tend to just forget to keep tabs on things when it comes to dates/time. I once burned a tea kettle... :*
    So, I ended up getting a permanent squirrel tail for myself and I really like it. I think the Homecoming is helping the prices lower too, so that's a plus.
  • GretaGreta
    edited April 28, 2017
    I was hoping to find Fox Tail for 15-25m since this gacha kinda offers nice RNG, but players still try to rip off 40m from me... :/
  • NegumikoNegumiko
    Greta wrote: »
    I was hoping to find Fox Tail for 15-25m since this gacha kinda offers nice RNG, but players still try to rip off 40m from me... :/

40 mil is probably the best deal you will get from most players. for some reason everyone is obsessed with the fox tail and thinks it should be 40 mil or more. the permanent coupon might be about 25 mil so going for a temp fox tail and the perm coupon might end up being slightly cheaper.