Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the May Quality of Life Updates! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/91455/may-quality-of-life-update-patch-notes-may-9th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

The Homecoming Box

NeroyNeroy
Mabinogi Rep: 1,640
Posts: 72
Member
in General Chat
So basically all they did was grab all the items that most people wanted in other gachapons and put it in this one? I'm not complaining or anything but it feels like NX has more ideas later in the year for outfits if they are going to put some popular outfits in this gach. Not sure if I want to try for this or skip it and wait for the next one.

Comments

  • SkaidrojumiSkaidrojumi
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,620
    Posts: 92
    Member
    And the odds of getting anything but dyes is gonna be pretty low. There's like twenty different halos listed, but don't think you'll every get one.
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    Posts: 6,975
    Member
    Skip it since i bet it's full of Training Potions and such lol.
  • LeineiLeinei
    Mabinogi Rep: 16,450
    Posts: 2,516
    Member
    I guess we'll know as people report here with their winnings.
  • NeroyNeroy
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,640
    Posts: 72
    Member
    Greta wrote: »
    Skip it since i bet it's full of Training Potions and such lol.

    Could be but it depends on what Training potions there are, If the majority is Ninja, Gunner, or Puppetry then I might give it a chance.
  • XiokunXiokun
    Mabinogi Rep: 11,100
    Posts: 887
    Member
    Ugh, this is all the popular stuff I don't like. :U Oh well. *patiently waits for eluned gacha*
  • BerryswirlBerryswirl
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,140
    Posts: 797
    Member
    Jeez when they said a box of favs I didn't expect just a gacha.
  • HinotamaHinotama
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,420
    Posts: 290
    Member
    I am ok with this gacha. I just wish I had the money to try it a few times.
  • UberchaoUberchao
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,590
    Posts: 33
    Member
    Just what the heck is this? "Classic outfits"? Just about all of this stuff is 2015 and later, where's the old Winter Newbie Wears that weren't brought back, the Lance Feather set, the old school uniform, swirly glasses, old swimsuits, the maid outfits for Giants. What about even the more recent stuff like Royal Rose and the Sailor swimsuits that are basically out of circulation? Everything here is stuff I see on players every day, barring maybe Meryl Wig and Cocoa's set since those seem really rare.

    I am really sick of wings also, I wish they never happened. Complete fashion disaster and it only gets worse with each gacha.
    BrokenrosekingAutographXiokunCrimsọnBuffalosErorservTheNyanCatGrenesborrowHiroki05
  • OpalthiraOpalthira
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,595
    Posts: 943
    Member
    Fills box with 20+mil outfits
    "what could possibly go wrong?"
  • NearlyNearly
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,355
    Posts: 104
    Member
    Assorted Training Potions
    Assorted Fixed Color Dye Ampoules
    Assorted Fixed Color Metal Dye Ampoules
    Assorted Pet Fixed Color Dye Ampoules


    Yeah, count me out on this one.
    FweepCrimsọnErorservSylviaWolfeDaktaroRukiya
  • AeolysAeolys
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,115
    Posts: 469
    Member
    What "Homecoming Box"? All I see is a Training Potion/Dyes Gachapon.
    Greta
  • FayeKaibaFayeKaiba
    Mabinogi Rep: 10,670
    Posts: 886
    Member
    Did you people all just ingest a crap ton of Salt today? Holy hell calm down. The gacha hasn't even been out for a few hours yet. No one knows the bloody drop rates yet, and everyone is running around with their nickers in a bloody twist. Some gachas that nexon brings out have pretty good drop rates so why not quiet down and wait instead of throwing a temper tantrum like a two year old who hasn't had their daily nap yet.

    I for one am honestly really glad this gacha has came out. Some of these outfits I have wanted to see for awhile return and now me and my boyfriend have the chance to obtain outfits we have wanted.
  • BrokenrosekingBrokenroseking
    Mabinogi Rep: 630
    Posts: 9
    Member
    Uberchao wrote: »
    Just what the heck is this? "Classic outfits"? Just about all of this stuff is 2015 and later, where's the old Winter Newbie Wears that weren't brought back, the Lance Feather set, the old school uniform, swirly glasses, old swimsuits, the maid outfits for Giants. What about even the more recent stuff like Royal Rose and the Sailor swimsuits that are basically out of circulation? Everything here is stuff I see on players every day, barring maybe Meryl Wig and Cocoa's set since those seem really rare.

    I am really sick of wings also, I wish they never happened. Complete fashion disaster and it only gets worse with each gacha.
    I do agree uber, We need some of the first day gachapon items. We need the true vintage classic items that made Add to dictionary great! When we see homecoming it means comeing back home. Don't get me wrong, but I was hoping they would revie some of the oringal gachapons for a limted time.

  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    Posts: 6,975
    Member
    edited April 26, 2017
    FayeKaiba wrote: »
    Did you people all just ingest a crap ton of Salt today? Holy hell calm down. The gacha hasn't even been out for a few hours yet. No one knows the bloody drop rates yet, and everyone is running around with their nickers in a bloody twist. Some gachas that nexon brings out have pretty good drop rates so why not quiet down and wait instead of throwing a temper tantrum like a two year old who hasn't had their daily nap yet.

    I for one am honestly really glad this gacha has came out. Some of these outfits I have wanted to see for awhile return and now me and my boyfriend have the chance to obtain outfits we have wanted.

    That's because all recent gachas had terrible drop rates filled with Assorted Training Potions, Fixed Color Dye Ampoules, Fixed Color Metal Dye Ampoules and Pet Fixed Color Dye Ampoules which most people stopped to care about ages go and they are markets crap items now. The only good things you want are rare and cost at least 15m+ gold. I want them to change how Gacha works... How about Shopping Bags instead of random outfit parts? Maybe they could reduce all these potions and dyes as well...
    AeolysBrokenrosekingVimiTwelie
  • FayeKaibaFayeKaiba
    Mabinogi Rep: 10,670
    Posts: 886
    Member
    Greta wrote: »
    FayeKaiba wrote: »
    Did you people all just ingest a crap ton of Salt today? Holy hell calm down. The gacha hasn't even been out for a few hours yet. No one knows the bloody drop rates yet, and everyone is running around with their nickers in a bloody twist. Some gachas that nexon brings out have pretty good drop rates so why not quiet down and wait instead of throwing a temper tantrum like a two year old who hasn't had their daily nap yet.

    I for one am honestly really glad this gacha has came out. Some of these outfits I have wanted to see for awhile return and now me and my boyfriend have the chance to obtain outfits we have wanted.

    That's because all recent gachas had terrible drop rates filled with Assorted Training Potions, Fixed Color Dye Ampoules, Fixed Color Metal Dye Ampoules and Pet Fixed Color Dye Ampoules which most people stopped to care about ages go and they are markets crap items now. The only good things you want are rare and cost at least 15m+ gold. I want them to change how Gacha works... How about Shopping Bags instead of random outfit parts? Maybe they could reduce all these potions and dyes as well...

    Some of the recent Gacha's have had pretty good drop rates. The ones with the Astro wings, Mari saw a flood of wings and decent items. Same with the spring tea gacha from what I heard and the wonderful wing box. Same with the frozen heart winter gacha. People just get their nickers in a twist whenever the word 'dye' is included in the list.
  • LeineiLeinei
    Mabinogi Rep: 16,450
    Posts: 2,516
    Member
    Greta wrote: »
    FayeKaiba wrote: »
    Did you people all just ingest a crap ton of Salt today? Holy hell calm down. The gacha hasn't even been out for a few hours yet. No one knows the bloody drop rates yet, and everyone is running around with their nickers in a bloody twist. Some gachas that nexon brings out have pretty good drop rates so why not quiet down and wait instead of throwing a temper tantrum like a two year old who hasn't had their daily nap yet.

    I for one am honestly really glad this gacha has came out. Some of these outfits I have wanted to see for awhile return and now me and my boyfriend have the chance to obtain outfits we have wanted.

    That's because all recent gachas had terrible drop rates filled with Assorted Training Potions, Fixed Color Dye Ampoules, Fixed Color Metal Dye Ampoules and Pet Fixed Color Dye Ampoules which most people stopped to care about ages go and they are markets crap items now. The only good things you want are rare and cost at least 15m+ gold. I want them to change how Gacha works... How about Shopping Bags instead of random outfit parts? Maybe they could reduce all these potions and dyes as well...

    I agree with Kaiba. It doesn't appear anyone has reported winnings yet, so there's really no point to getting that upset about it. At least wait until something is shown before reacting... By the way, has anyone seen this gacha in Korea or is this strictly an NA thing?
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    Posts: 6,975
    Member
    Leinei wrote: »
    Greta wrote: »
    FayeKaiba wrote: »
    Did you people all just ingest a crap ton of Salt today? Holy hell calm down. The gacha hasn't even been out for a few hours yet. No one knows the bloody drop rates yet, and everyone is running around with their nickers in a bloody twist. Some gachas that nexon brings out have pretty good drop rates so why not quiet down and wait instead of throwing a temper tantrum like a two year old who hasn't had their daily nap yet.

    I for one am honestly really glad this gacha has came out. Some of these outfits I have wanted to see for awhile return and now me and my boyfriend have the chance to obtain outfits we have wanted.

    That's because all recent gachas had terrible drop rates filled with Assorted Training Potions, Fixed Color Dye Ampoules, Fixed Color Metal Dye Ampoules and Pet Fixed Color Dye Ampoules which most people stopped to care about ages go and they are markets crap items now. The only good things you want are rare and cost at least 15m+ gold. I want them to change how Gacha works... How about Shopping Bags instead of random outfit parts? Maybe they could reduce all these potions and dyes as well...

    I agree with Kaiba. It doesn't appear anyone has reported winnings yet, so there's really no point to getting that upset about it. At least wait until something is shown before reacting... By the way, has anyone seen this gacha in Korea or is this strictly an NA thing?

    1 hour passed already. I only saw people with dyes and potions, except Splat, they got Mysterious Permanent Coupon lol.
  • PolicromaPolicroma
    Mabinogi Rep: 6,730
    Posts: 564
    Member
    edited April 26, 2017
    Ran 1-stack plus one.

    Got 2 halos and a permanent fox tail. I do not expect these results to be typical obviously.

    As for drop rates... I think part of the problem with training potions is some folks (like me) actively go for them. When you get one you need, great. If you get one you don't need, it's a guaranteed sellable item, and some of them go for millions. I would MUCH rather get training potions and let them cook in my inventory for a few weeks until the current gachas have cleared, then get some junky "buy-from-npc" item with a half baked enchant on it, potatoes, or elite passes. As for dyes, they have their uses, and I tend to hoard them for my own uses.
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    Posts: 6,975
    Member
    edited April 26, 2017
    Policroma wrote: »
    As for drop rates... I think part of the problem with training potions is some folks (like me) actively go for them. When you get one you need, great. If you get one you don't need, it's a guaranteed sellable item, and some of them go for millions.

    I'm still surprised how most TP's go for around 1.5m when they are in every gacha now. Since the demand for them is high, i guess gamblers use it as an opportunity.
  • EllisyaEllisya
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,525
    Posts: 485
    Member
    edited April 26, 2017
    After reading the list I was relieved because I don't need to redeem single gacha this time u.u)