Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

HS Penalty is some Pay to play Bunk

ZephyrsongishnotmehZephyrsongishnotmeh
Mabinogi Rep: 750
edited April 27, 2017 in Help
So I went to go make some cabbage yesterday and it so happened I was left with 2 HS stone. No Problem right? Well normally it wouldn't be since I farm my hs every day and then spend it leaving 3 stone for my main fee. Only as soon as I started growing my last cabbage I was hit with the penalty with no warning or anything, had I known I wouldn't have grown that measly 1 cabbage or waited til after I planted to go mine my HS stone. This has been a part of the system for a long time now but this time it really rustled my jimmies, I must now buy NX to convert to pons after having just spent my remaining NX. To me this seems like a -removed- and greedy way to handle a simple mechanic of the game.

In all honesty I would like my 10 pons( No I demand my 10 pons) and a notice/reminder of some kind put in-game to let people know when maint fees are due because at this moment it seems random and mabiworldwiki has no info, it simply states it will be taken out once a week. If this has happened to you then we must band together and demand our 10 pon compensation.

Hooray for Recreational Outrage.
  1. Do you think HS maintenance fees are an archaic money grabbing shenanigan28 votes
    1. Yes, I too am outraged but only recreationally
       36% (10 votes)
    2. No, I feel nothing.
       64% (18 votes)

Comments

• XiokunXiokun
    Mabinogi Rep: 11,100
    I got my 10 pons taken away from me because I wasn't informed until later that I didn't need to pay 10 pons at all... all I had to do was double the amount of homestead stones. (The ones I owed and the ones due), for next week. :/ I was veeeeeeeeeeeery angry. Pons are very valuable because I can't buy NX every day. It's more like at least... every so often? :U My parents don't take me to Gamestop that much for me to get nx. I wish that there wasn't any sort of NX costing penalty at all. I'd rather pay gold.
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    I didn't use my Pons on purpose when i got maintenance fee from my HS. I was wondering what i should do, but decided to finally ignore it and suddenly it just went off after few days when i farmed some HS stones. But yeah i agree that we are not informed about such thing, but everything else is ok for me.
  • ZephyrsongishnotmehZephyrsongishnotmeh
    Xiokun wrote: »
    I got my 10 pons taken away from me because I wasn't informed until later that I didn't need to pay 10 pons at all... all I had to do was double the amount of homestead stones. (The ones I owed and the ones due), for next week. :/ I was veeeeeeeeeeeery angry. Pons are very valuable because I can't buy NX every day. It's more like at least... every so often? :U My parents don't take me to Gamestop that much for me to get nx. I wish that there wasn't any sort of NX costing penalty at all. I'd rather pay gold.

You kind Sir have saved the day. There's is no info about the above method being a substitute for pons. You just saved me 10 bucks I can now use on something I don't actually want or need still...

Thanks
  • XiokunXiokun
    Mabinogi Rep: 11,100
    Xiokun wrote: »

You kind Sir have saved the day. There's is no info about the above method being a substitute for pons. You just saved me 10 bucks I can now use on something I don't actually want or need still...

Thanks

No problem. I didn't want you to feel my pain too. No one should. Spread the word about this atrocity!!
    word is being spread, soon we will have an army of outrage knocking on nexons revolving door.
  • FayeKaibaFayeKaiba
    Mabinogi Rep: 10,670
    What if I told you, you don't have to use your pons to pay the HS penitently. You simply need to have the stones buy the next upkeep pay. My HS had a fee on it and then when the next week rolled around, it just deducted the stones from my homestead stones.
  • BlissfulkillBlissfulkill
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,425
    You need to have to pay the next fee with homestead stones before the same time next week, or use pon to pay it whenever. The fees do not stack. If your weekly fee is 20 homestead stones, then you only need to pay 20 homestead stones next week to get it going, not 40.
  • DaktaroDaktaro
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,335
    i didn't know what you were talking about for a sec cuz i've never ran out of homestead stones before lol.
    if you have a maid, butler etc with double gather you can use it on the homestead stone as well to get 2 at once or occasionally 3 at once or if you're super lucky 21 at once.
  • AeolysAeolys
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,115
    edited April 27, 2017
    I always try to avoid using decoration/props that has a maintenance cost. I find that the "useful" props like the stove, upgrade anvil and farm animals aren't worth it; I just use the real thing that costs nothing.
  • ShaeliShaeli
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,430
    I literally have never had this problem because I leave 500+ homestead stones stockpiled. :|
    Shaeli wrote: »
    I literally have never had this problem because I leave 500+ homestead stones stockpiled. :|

mind sharing? I feel like I'm living HS stone to HS stone over here.
  • NilremNilrem
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,880
    This is why I keep away from props with a maint cost.

It was never worth it to begin with.
  • FalcondaeFalcondae
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,555
    Shaeli wrote: »

mind sharing? I feel like I'm living HS stone to HS stone over here.

Probably same here since I'm sitting on 1k for the most part. I have a feeling that your homestead is very maintenance heavy. Have you considered getting homestead stones via daily in Cobh (Madoc's Request), or if you have a partner, it helps to get their likeability I think to 120 or higher so that you can do double gathering. Having high luck also helps with some lucky, or even huge lucky, gathers (The latter being very rare but possible). Then again, my maintenance is only 5 stones a week ^^;
  • OpalthiraOpalthira
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,595
    Yeah just farm your hs stones everyday/whenever possible for week and then you should have enough hs stone to plant lots more seeds.
    Greta
  • Ive been playing Mabinogi since beta... I was there when they created homesteads and there was NEVER a charge to keep it operational. I quit for a bout 3 years and just came back and now i cant use my homestead ?!?! because of some lame ass penalty that I've never heard of. I have spent well over 5 thousand dollars on this game. and a lot of stupid with bad costumer service stuff has happens to me. yet I've never complained. STOP THE HOMESTEAD TAX!