Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the Reflections: Reforged update!
https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/69963/reflections-reforged-patch-notes-november-4th-2021
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!
Closed

why Mabi is no longer fun.

Comments

  • BlissfulkillBlissfulkill
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,120
    Posts: 2,781
    Member
    I think Final Shot is not to be underestimated, though I find the idea of giants being overpowered to be ridiculous, since they are restricted into a skillset of a skillset. They did not have hammers that had bash enhancements. I am not sure of the update, but something is needed to make giants viable next to humans. The main complaint I see between Elves and Humans is a lack of inequality in the talents of archery and mage, and to an extent giants. For Elves, they want the superiority they were told at the beginner screen. Giants have to contend with actually being inherently "inferior" as warriors, especially since Fighter is somewhat lacking.
    PolicromaDaktaroHiroki05
  • TheDumbOneTheDumbOne
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,790
    Posts: 342
    Member

    [/quote]

    This. This. THIS. I love you.

    However, I'm not sure about the GM thing. They seem to have their hands full with tickets. Although, if they fixed the things you mentioned I think they'd be getting alot less tickets.

    Also, more craftable popular items, like tailoring revamp and adding alot of in game obtainable patterns that are of popular/new clothing. (And blacksmithing.)

    There's a ton more suggestions, but as I've said people have spouted them time and time again.[/quote]

    thank you,
    the GMs simply need to be divided between tickets and being in game. - these gms are definitely not focused in being in game...
    They should just call them Ticketmasters, instead of GMs... at least that way they wont get the ridicule of what comes with the GM status.
    Twelie
  • XiokunXiokun
    Mabinogi Rep: 11,090
    Posts: 887
    Member
    Negumiko wrote: »
    Greta wrote: »
    YellowBin wrote: »
    Despite being an "outdated mmo" is still is considerably one of the best in its niche of a genre.

    I have yet to see a game that offers what mabi offers better.

    Tried Arche Age. I couldn't get into it.

    Same. I tried Blade and Soul, Aura Kingdom, Revelation Online and so on... After few days/weeks these games got so boring, it even caused me a headache when playing after few hours. It only offered nice graphics, amazing effects in combat and well... oversexualized characters with neat customization. That's all. All you have to do in these games is attack, kill, farm and bring something to NPC. I never get too attached in such games.

    most mmo games just seem boring compared to mabi and most of them feel like the same game over and over again with a different name. the only fairly new mmo that gives me a similar feeling to mabi in some ways is a game called Twin Saga. but even then mabi still wins simply cause it has more content and more unique features then most mmo games.
    Uberchao wrote: »
    I just hate reaching the boss room only to watch a single human go ham on a boss for 5-20 seconds and murderize it with Final Hit, sometimes Bash applies too. And I hate that people will spend great amounts of money just to get such reforges. Why would you deliberately trivialize the game? How is it fun by the time you're just FHing all of Peaca Abyss to death? Also I hate reforges and the insane cost to them. If you don't have any, you will be grossly outmatched by most others at endgame level.

    I AGREE WITH EVERYTHING HERE. No one has spoken such words as honest as this.
    Greta
  • ImaizumiImaizumi
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,095
    Posts: 696
    Member
    edited April 30, 2017
    Pan wrote: »
    If you don't like a game, then you move on to the next. Rather than wasting your time complaining on a game you don't want to play anymore, go find another game that you want to play that'll satisfy your current interests.

    This is like one of the worst reasons you can use for an argument. "If you don't like x, why are you still doing x?" It's like saying if you hate a terrible restaurant, then why are you still going there to eat? Because people have already eaten there and will give a review. Especially when it holds a dear place to their heart because it used to be a good restaurant.

    Anyway I'd love for OG slow paced Mabi to make a return in the form of like Mabinogi 2 or something with many of the current F2P benefits we have now that didn't exist before. Like free weekly rbs, bag and bank benefits. Beginner benefits (scaled back as necessary). But ultimately we know that Mabi is just a gacha cash cow Habbo Hotel with some bonus add ons of combat and other mmorpgish features at this point. Mabi 2 never qq
    Twelie
  • TsumukuTsumuku
    Mabinogi Rep: 995
    Posts: 91
    Member
    edited April 30, 2017
    I could list a lot of things that I would like to see change with this game, and the reasons.
    The revamp to Final Hit and Bash serve a purpose to players that aren't committed to constantly seeking a new bar to hit. I'm not looking to be offensive, or critical of others play style with that statement. As much as my opinion is that it isn't a necessary change, I can see the positive that it has on the game. There are people that wouldn't be playing if not for an easier scale. While I like the old reverse ledge rock climb difficulty curb, that Nexon be-lovingly named Mabinogi, that type of game would not fair well with the newer generation of players. The entire gaming market has become more of a causal-social scene (once again, not judging). While I'm not a fan of these changes I can understand them.

    Just to name some of the changes that I would like to see, and could play devils advocate discussing only PvE:
    Lightning Rod: Scaling, cooldown, and obtaining make this way too powerful
    Meteor: Kind of the opposite end of the spectrum from Lightning Rod. This skill needs more power, or a lower cool down for balancing.
    Final Hit: I completely understand the rationale behind this change, however, I think that the skill was already overpowered when it didn't have the damage scaling.
    Bash: I personally don't understand this skill. I have it Ranked just to have it ranked, but it is boring and a waste of Dura. I can understand using this as an entry to Mabi, but it should be reduced scale to make it less of a go-to for all situations. If not lower scaled, make your stacks count for extra damage when enemies do hit you.
    Gunner (Skillset): Once again, probably harping on the dead here, gunner needs to have a legitimate counter.
    Shockwave: I can understand that this is a defensive skill, but it can be abused with rain cloud. I think this should draw the aggro of 1 enemy if you have no other aggro.
    Hydra: When paired with rain cloud, it should have a chance every tick of drawing aggro.

    Some improvements that are much needed:
    Events: As I have seen many times they need to have more tolerance for not being on every day, or a shorter daily commitment. The greenhouse even requiring 2 and a half hours of online time daily is a bit high considering the length of the event, and there isn't a large tolerance for missing days, so I consider that a great example. IF you're going to require daily commitment, make it less than an hour, preferably less than 30 minutes.
    Old Clothing: Slowly reworking all of the textures would be great.
    Advancement Test: Newer skills, and more content for those with Dan Ranks. This system is pretty dead as it doesn't have a good reward ratio.
    Housing Limit Increase: There is no reason a shop in Belvast should be able to hold more than a house.
    Guild Mission Revamp: It would be great to see things that guilds can do other than weekly guild battle, and quests that require hunting field bosses than can be solo'ed. Some guild exclusive dungeon levels that can be unlocked with gold and guild points would probably make this an interesting and invigorating addition.
    Better Guild Robes: These looked pretty sloppy when they were new, and they certainly haven't aged well. I can see them having a bit of nostalgia attached to them at this point, but they're nothing great. I think it would be neat to add a second level of robe that could have some special effects, but would require someone in the guild to tailor it first, then require the guild have a stock of supplies to create it after submitting the creations. I'm thinking something like the glowing robes, or being able to select a couple other robe designs.
    Guild Hall Repurpose: It would be nice to be able to hold actual votes in the guild hall on things similar to the family tradition. Have increased gather rate, or increased critical rates when in a guild party. The incentive would be based on the number of active members in the guild. Changes could have some limitation such as a weekly change.
    Guild Emblem:Guild Emblems in Mabi died an early death. From problems with being able to upload them, to abuse. They never got to see an real entry to the game. It would be nice for them to pick this system back up in the game.
    More Iria Content: There are still large plains where there is nothing there. Adding a traveling merchant that sells items based on the day would be a neat addition. Or even adding several of them.
    New Shadow Missions: It would be nice to see some new Shadow Missions with new challenges crop up.
    Alternative Event Locations: Why must every event happen within the walls of Dunbarton. Do Even NPCs have a fear of other locations?
    SOS system revamp: This system was a neat way to meet new people and assist with growing the community. From what I can gather on the Wiki it still exists, but only to level 30. That is very low by today's standards. This should have a higher cut-off level, and a higher level requirement for those being called. It should also be a voluntary system where the players that would like to be able to be summoned need to sign up. They would also need to re-sign if they miss more than 3 requests in a row to prevent being a no-show. It would also need some kind of a not available option to ensure people can go afk an not waste a beginners time.
    Eiry: This would be an amazing return. Even if it isn't the same weapon as it once was, adding it back to the beginner quests again would be cool, and possibly introduce players to another feature that hasn't seen much light lately.

    Like I said, I can go for a long time with this. I understand the decisions that have been made with the game, and think that it is still good the way that it is. But there are a lot of systems that have just not been a priority for a long period of time.
    BlissfulkillTwelie
  • OpalthiraOpalthira
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,580
    Posts: 943
    Member
    Mabi is just a cash grab fashion game.
    All that "content" you say is there you have literally no reason to do.
    Mostly because the content has no drops worth doing because you have to pay real money to get the items you want.
    Otherwise the only other content in this game is farming gold from shadow missions just to get the next set of cool items from the gacha.
    90% of the player base just afks to sell/buy things or talks to their group of friends, there are people that do end game content.
    Which at this point seems like it will only be the dragon raids and phantasm and nothing else. Even then theres really no point in doing them.
    Other than to make like 100mil off a crafting material.

    Anyway to sum thing up theres not alot do in mabi, probably the reason why most people just quit after they find out there's really no reason play.
    TairikuTwelie
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 46,735
    Posts: 6,953
    Member
    Opalthira wrote: »
    Mabi is just a cash grab fashion game.
    All that "content" you say is there you have literally no reason to do.
    Mostly because the content has no drops worth doing because you have to pay real money to get the items you want.
    Otherwise the only other content in this game is farming gold from shadow missions just to get the next set of cool items from the gacha.
    90% of the player base just afks to sell/buy things or talks to their group of friends, there are people that do end game content.
    Which at this point seems like it will only be the dragon raids and phantasm and nothing else. Even then theres really no point in doing them.
    Other than to make like 100mil off a crafting material.

    Anyway to sum thing up theres not alot do in mabi, probably the reason why most people just quit after they find out there's really no reason play.

    You say all of this, but i still see you selling/buying stuff and playing this game rofl.
  • ChaseuChaseu
    Mabinogi Rep: 510
    Posts: 7
    Member
    I agree with a lot of the criticism here plus what op is saying except for 2 things. I like final hit as is, not to say it's not overpowered​, because it certainly is. It just has gotten me through some tight spots. The second is what op said about the game isn't fun. I still absolutely love this game, but I thing it is well over due for a sequel. It's engine is out of date and a sequel could implement a new one plus draw in a community like we had long ago.
    Fidens
  • BlissfulkillBlissfulkill
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,120
    Posts: 2,781
    Member
    Tsumuku wrote: »
    I could list a lot of things that I would like to see change with this game, and the reasons.
    The revamp to Final Hit and Bash serve a purpose to players that aren't committed to constantly seeking a new bar to hit. I'm not looking to be offensive, or critical of others play style with that statement. As much as my opinion is that it isn't a necessary change, I can see the positive that it has on the game. There are people that wouldn't be playing if not for an easier scale. While I like the old reverse ledge rock climb difficulty curb, that Nexon be-lovingly named Mabinogi, that type of game would not fair well with the newer generation of players. The entire gaming market has become more of a causal-social scene (once again, not judging). While I'm not a fan of these changes I can understand them.

    Just to name some of the changes that I would like to see, and could play devils advocate discussing only PvE:
    Lightning Rod: Scaling, cooldown, and obtaining make this way too powerful
    Meteor: Kind of the opposite end of the spectrum from Lightning Rod. This skill needs more power, or a lower cool down for balancing.
    Final Hit: I completely understand the rationale behind this change, however, I think that the skill was already overpowered when it didn't have the damage scaling.
    Bash: I personally don't understand this skill. I have it Ranked just to have it ranked, but it is boring and a waste of Dura. I can understand using this as an entry to Mabi, but it should be reduced scale to make it less of a go-to for all situations. If not lower scaled, make your stacks count for extra damage when enemies do hit you.
    Gunner (Skillset): Once again, probably harping on the dead here, gunner needs to have a legitimate counter.
    Shockwave: I can understand that this is a defensive skill, but it can be abused with rain cloud. I think this should draw the aggro of 1 enemy if you have no other aggro.
    Hydra: When paired with rain cloud, it should have a chance every tick of drawing aggro.

    Some improvements that are much needed:
    Events: As I have seen many times they need to have more tolerance for not being on every day, or a shorter daily commitment. The greenhouse even requiring 2 and a half hours of online time daily is a bit high considering the length of the event, and there isn't a large tolerance for missing days, so I consider that a great example. IF you're going to require daily commitment, make it less than an hour, preferably less than 30 minutes.
    Old Clothing: Slowly reworking all of the textures would be great.
    Advancement Test: Newer skills, and more content for those with Dan Ranks. This system is pretty dead as it doesn't have a good reward ratio.
    Housing Limit Increase: There is no reason a shop in Belvast should be able to hold more than a house.
    Guild Mission Revamp: It would be great to see things that guilds can do other than weekly guild battle, and quests that require hunting field bosses than can be solo'ed. Some guild exclusive dungeon levels that can be unlocked with gold and guild points would probably make this an interesting and invigorating addition.
    Better Guild Robes: These looked pretty sloppy when they were new, and they certainly haven't aged well. I can see them having a bit of nostalgia attached to them at this point, but they're nothing great. I think it would be neat to add a second level of robe that could have some special effects, but would require someone in the guild to tailor it first, then require the guild have a stock of supplies to create it after submitting the creations. I'm thinking something like the glowing robes, or being able to select a couple other robe designs.
    Guild Hall Repurpose: It would be nice to be able to hold actual votes in the guild hall on things similar to the family tradition. Have increased gather rate, or increased critical rates when in a guild party. The incentive would be based on the number of active members in the guild. Changes could have some limitation such as a weekly change.
    Guild Emblem:Guild Emblems in Mabi died an early death. From problems with being able to upload them, to abuse. They never got to see an real entry to the game. It would be nice for them to pick this system back up in the game.
    More Iria Content: There are still large plains where there is nothing there. Adding a traveling merchant that sells items based on the day would be a neat addition. Or even adding several of them.
    New Shadow Missions: It would be nice to see some new Shadow Missions with new challenges crop up.
    Alternative Event Locations: Why must every event happen within the walls of Dunbarton. Do Even NPCs have a fear of other locations?
    SOS system revamp: This system was a neat way to meet new people and assist with growing the community. From what I can gather on the Wiki it still exists, but only to level 30. That is very low by today's standards. This should have a higher cut-off level, and a higher level requirement for those being called. It should also be a voluntary system where the players that would like to be able to be summoned need to sign up. They would also need to re-sign if they miss more than 3 requests in a row to prevent being a no-show. It would also need some kind of a not available option to ensure people can go afk an not waste a beginners time.
    Eiry: This would be an amazing return. Even if it isn't the same weapon as it once was, adding it back to the beginner quests again would be cool, and possibly introduce players to another feature that hasn't seen much light lately.

    Like I said, I can go for a long time with this. I understand the decisions that have been made with the game, and think that it is still good the way that it is. But there are a lot of systems that have just not been a priority for a long period of time.

    I like your ideas.

    Though the SOS system may have been replaced by the altruist system. I went to the wiki, and the red SOS icon is what I recognize when you import a quest.

    SOS_Help.png
  • OpalthiraOpalthira
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,580
    Posts: 943
    Member
    Greta wrote: »

    You say all of this, but i still see you selling/buying stuff and playing this game rofl.

    I do still play but i play for my own reasons such as the hs and music.
    Hs did get a small update and there is a hs event going on so yeah.

  • AlmostNotsuperAlmostNotsuper
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,240
    Posts: 288
    Member
    Tsumuku wrote: »
    Bash: I personally don't understand this skill. I have it Ranked just to have it ranked, but it is boring and a waste of Dura. I can understand using this as an entry to Mabi, but it should be reduced scale to make it less of a go-to for all situations. If not lower scaled, make your stacks count for extra damage when enemies do hit you.
    Gunner (Skillset): Once again, probably harping on the dead here, gunner needs to have a legitimate counter.
    Shockwave: I can understand that this is a defensive skill, but it can be abused with rain cloud. I think this should draw the aggro of 1 enemy if you have no other aggro.
    Hydra: When paired with rain cloud, it should have a chance every tick of drawing aggro.

    Honestly, I don't think Bash should've even been a thing. I like the idea of close combat being able to dish out better DPS under certain conditions, but bash just completely replaces normal combos and smash. Part of me wonders if they only put the bash enhancement on dual swords to make sure that there would still be some reason (aside from FH) to dual wield.
    My first impulse to fix bash is just to slow it down somehow. Either make it so it relies on the knockdown meter being full (or nearly full) to deal meaningful damage, make it like urgent shot or chain skills and only allow it to be used after assault slash or something, or just give it a long load time (maybe 2 seconds like smash used to have) so it can only be used after a monster is sufficiently stunned. However, the more I think about it, the more it seems that it would be better to just get rid of bash and buff dual wielding mastery somehow, maybe by allowing damage (or a portion of damage) to ignore defense while dual wielding so those normal combos are worth the time. Of course, that's not a realistic solution, because you can't just remove things from the game. You can only add them.

    I think an easy way to fix hydra would be to make it a status effect instead of direct damage. Hitting enemies affected by the Hydra debuff with an alchemy skill triggers the DoT.
  • UberchaoUberchao
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,590
    Posts: 33
    Member
    edited April 30, 2017
    Greta wrote: »

    You will love FH, Bash and Reforge users when you will need to do Rabbie Phantasm Dungeon. Believe me. I actually don't mind them killing all monsters on my way, and some of them even leave huge piles of gold so that's a win-win to me lol. I would only suggest you to ignore reforges or start to play by yourself if you can't deal with it. I sometimes feel frustrated when a fully reforged mage or archer kills everything on my way when i try to Bash/Smash monsters, but i just meh at this and feel happy instead since i didn't need to lose too much durability and such there. I also don't have any good reforged gear, but i don't even care. I just dye my clothes :^)

    Complete hogwash. I haven't run Rabbie Phantasm yet but I look forward to being tough enough for it. I don't look forward to having other people cheese the whole thing with easy buttons. Durability, gold, whatever, what even does it matter if the game is no longer fun. There's still plenty of things in this game I can't handle alone, but I don't like to see it all cleared in the same boring, simplistic way.


    Gaea wrote: »

    It is necessary if you want to get through phantasm. :|

    Seriously, everyone, stop it with the FH nerf requests. It's really starting to piss me off and I wonder where this all stemming from. Ah! I know what it is. Jelly. Too much jelly.

    I started as a human, I'd played her for more than five years before I went to Giant. I don't like the idea of using this cop-out skill to trump any actual challenge the game will try and give, and I am not in the least jealous. That's like saying I'm jealous of Cloud mains in Sm4sh or something, I can pick both of these things up any time but I choose not to. Not even the best example because Cloud, while being incredible, isn't truly gamebreaking and meta-defining, but FH absolutely is. I'm fine with humans having this option to become highest DPS race in the game, I'm happy just with the tankiness I have. But have it be something to be used strategically, like the majority of other skills in this game (until gunner and ninja fouled things up even harder). Furthermore, I have not even learned Bash on my Giant, despite it being fully available unlike FH; I simply refuse to use it.

    I also reject this notion of yours. I believe wholeheartedly that a good enough party could push through while omitting Final Hit. I don't care how much dosh you've wasted on making this game a teleports-behind-u-simulator,
    Ion
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 46,735
    Posts: 6,953
    Member
    edited April 30, 2017
    Uberchao wrote: »
    Greta wrote: »

    You will love FH, Bash and Reforge users when you will need to do Rabbie Phantasm Dungeon. Believe me. I actually don't mind them killing all monsters on my way, and some of them even leave huge piles of gold so that's a win-win to me lol. I would only suggest you to ignore reforges or start to play by yourself if you can't deal with it. I sometimes feel frustrated when a fully reforged mage or archer kills everything on my way when i try to Bash/Smash monsters, but i just meh at this and feel happy instead since i didn't need to lose too much durability and such there. I also don't have any good reforged gear, but i don't even care. I just dye my clothes :^)

    Complete hogwash. I haven't run Rabbie Phantasm yet but I look forward to being tough enough for it. I don't look forward to having other people cheese the whole thing with easy buttons. Durability, gold, whatever, what even does it matter if the game is no longer fun. There's still plenty of things in this game I can't handle alone, but I don't like to see it all cleared in the same boring, simplistic way.

    If the game is no longer fun to you then why the hell you are still here...??? If you can't do something alone, but you also don't want to feel useless then i can only suggest you playing with your friends. And please stop complaining that this game is no longer fun if you still are playing it. It's same as saying that you hate/are allergic to peanut butter while you are still eating it in front of everyone... Will someone believe that you can't tolerate it when you are literally using it? I don't think so, because i don't believe you at all now.

    Oh and also about you being tough enough for Rabbie Phantasm. That was cute. I can count on my fingers how many players in Alexina can actually handle Rabbie Phantasm without failing/dying too much. You didn't even try to run it... You have no idea what to expect in there lol.

  • BlissfulkillBlissfulkill
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,120
    Posts: 2,781
    Member
    edited April 30, 2017
    I think there is a certain rational to "do not play", if but to prevent people who love complaining so goddamn much. I have a great deal of misgivings about this game, from the beauty coupons systems and the existence of modern bash, but unless the circumstances are dire, like the game is on the dirge of death, then I find it hard to stay angry, because I do not enjoy always being angry. There are certain people on the forum whose entire schtick is is complaining about the game so vehemently I wonder why they are still here. It usually devolved from a rational criticism to a irrational addiction to hate anything the developers do and implement, or an inherent system to Mabinogi, like the idea of gachapons.

    I can only handle so much negativity from the community just as I can only handle so much misgivings from the actual game.

    For the love of Lymilark, stop being so negative all the time, or get off. Overexposure to your lamentations does not help your cause, but hurts it, and makes you less pleasant to be around.

    When using this argument, you have to have a good idea of the type of person a forumer is. Someone making a one time but somewhat butthurt complaint does not qualify. Someone who rants about the same idea that denotes an obsessive and large amount of anger on said issue in nearly every post?

    Why are you still playing?
    GretaNilremHarukariPolicroma
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 63,705
    Posts: 8,647
    Member
    edited May 1, 2017
    All I have to say is, because I can almost spam FH with all the reforges I have, I barely lose any dura. Despite with the 35th and 48th enchants I still bank most profits. So that's why I conclude that there is some level of envy happening here. It's not just that it's overpowered, it also saves me a ton of gold.

    Leave final hit alone. :|

  • UberchaoUberchao
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,590
    Posts: 33
    Member
    edited April 30, 2017
    Greta wrote: »

    If the game is no longer fun to you then why the hell you are still here...??? If you can't do something alone, but you also don't want to feel useless then i can only suggest you playing with your friends. And please stop complaining that this game is no longer fun if you still are playing it. It's same as saying that you hate/are allergic to peanut butter while you are still eating it in front of everyone... Will someone believe that you can't tolerate it when you are literally using it? I don't think so, because i don't believe you at all now.

    Oh and also about you being tough enough for Rabbie Phantasm. That was cute. I can count on my fingers how many players in Alexina can actually handle Rabbie Phantasm without failing/dying too much. You didn't even try to run it... You have no idea what to expect in there lol.

    You've made two major errors in reading comprehension that make this response nonsensical.

    Regarding your first paragraph. I made that statement hypothetically, as in "what is the point of it all if the game becomes unfun in the process?". I still consider the game fun, and it's why I play in a certain way and avoid stale playstyles when possible, at least for myself. Please realize this before trying to bring up this kind of point again. I am only saying that I would not wish to make this game unfun for myself, and do not see why others would pay hundreds of real dollars to exploit such a sheer lack of balance.

    Secondly, you must have read this completely wrong, and I hope you can see this as well very quickly. I did not say I was tough enough for Phantasm. I'm not even close from what I've heard, I haven't seen anything of it but I bet I could get my arse handed to me by a trash mob. I can't even clear some HM shadow missions and haven't even tried to solo any Elites yet. What I was saying is that I look forward to a time, in the future, where I do become capable of it, of being effective enough in a party to help clear it. I don't know much about this game's newer endgame stuff, but Girgashiy shows me that the quality of bosses has probably seen massive improvement, and now offer a challenge that can't be won simply by DPSing things to death or using standard combat technique (I'll use Tabhartas as my example of older, underwhelming bosses, being rather basic in the skills it knows and similar to other golems in how it fights), instead Girgashiy possesses attacks with actual hitboxes that must be dodged, or that must be countered in multiple different ways by the party. Unless of course one just happens to have so much DPS they do bruteforce their way through, which skills like Bash and Final Hit enable with relative ease.

    Read carefully before you respond to this post. I'm glad to debate on this sort of thing, but I don't want to waste time having to clarify misunderstandings. I'll also add this; this mentality that everything needs to be cleared lickity-split? It's that type of thinking that ends up killing MMOs, and I don't understand where it comes from. If you're trying to clear everything as quickly and as easily as you can and are bothered by nuance or challenge, than it would seem that one is no longer having fun with the game. Maybe you don't think this way, but I still enjoy getting my crap pushed in during Elite SMs when I flub a hotkey or fail to pay attention to my surroundings or prioritize the wrong targets. It makes me want to improve and I feel like it pays off when I learn from it and do better in subsequent runs.
    AlmostNotsuperYokkaichiRedetsuSirRyuTairikuLiberateHiroki05
  • DaktaroDaktaro
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,335
    Posts: 282
    Member
    in general:
    i love mabinogi and had some absolutely amazing times on this game which i will never forget. but to be honest lately it really does feel like it's getting worse. the past year or so. i used to have many friends on here but 99% of them have quit. population drop. afk events with the painful timers on them. you hardly see outfit bags in the shop anymore it's all stuffed in gacha. even outfit bags themselves stuffed in gacha. homestead expansion behind a paywall. (why not give more use to seeds and part time jobs?) not much incentive for premium asides from guild ownership. mistakes and sloppiness in the announcements. bugs bugs and more bugs. beauty coupons. style tab only items. power creep every which way. hp sponge mobs and on top of that no cp scaling to match.
    don't get me wrong there are pros to this game too, definitely, but the cons are piling up more than before. i have mostly stopped playing at the moment and just log in to grow the tree then log out. playing warframe instead.

    about final hit:
    mad that final hit got damage multiplier in the update but final shot didn't. mad that final hit you can just spam click a button and final shot has to aim and shoot and also can miss.
    base FH 40sec duration/240sec cooldown
    base FS 30sec duration/260sec cooldown

    you can say elves and giants are jealous but of course they are... they don't have a matching skill to contribute like final hit can. if you had to pick one player to run a randomly selected mission with you out of an end-game geared maxed skills human, giant and elf... who is it gonna be...
    (inb4 "just play a human!!" nop, bad argument.)

    about mabinogi sequel:
    i honestly get scared when people mention a mabinogi sequel because it would have so much potential but i can't help but think if it really did get made, there would not be the same or enough attention paid to the details of what made mabinogi great. i can just see a sequel getting made that lacks so many of the best qualities of current mabi that other games don't have. really scared of the potential disappointment lol. if the devs gave current mabi some real deep TLC but the engine and black box code etc caused too many limitations and they legit got stuck then sure. keep majority of the game the same but focus hard on the weak points. idk though i just am really sceptical about it........... it's really not the same anymore as when mabi was starting out and then hitting it's peak etc.
  • HeonaHeona
    Mabinogi Rep: 420
    Posts: 3
    Member
    2guawir.jpg

    There are still many ways to make Mabi fun, you just have to be creative! -Can't wait to try this out with my guild in the future-

    https://youtube.com/watch?v=kGUw5ayaqWQ
    Greta
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 46,735
    Posts: 6,953
    Member
    edited May 1, 2017
    I agree with @Heona . There are a lot of ways to have fun in Mabinogi, you just don't try to find it. If you don't feel like having fun and you have 0 motivation to play Mabinogi then just don't play it.... Why come in forums and spread complaints around? Instead try to do something interesting and productive in Mabinogi or even in real life... I don't come in forums to see threads like "Mabi no longer fun", "The game is dying", etc... We already know most of things people have complained about by now, but some people still proceed to start the same complaining again and again... Show me some positivity once in a while. Try to accept this game the way it is.
    Pan
  • BlissfulkillBlissfulkill
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,120
    Posts: 2,781
    Member
    Well, to critique this thread, the title is "Why Mabi is No Longer Fun", and then you talked about how Mabi was "fun", leaving us to think of the differences.
    Greta
This discussion has been closed.