Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Keeping your pet away from you during battles?

BippiBippi
Mabinogi Rep: 850
edited April 30, 2017 in Help
Yes, I like to fight alongside my pets. They're very helpful for me against multi-aggro involving archers/mages with the right click attack command! (or if you can set the A.I. that way to target long distance enemies?)

I just keep mine to auto-attack, so I hope they run off and do their own things, but most of the time, they end up coming back to me with enemies in tow ready to hit both of us with attacks that splash. I didn't see an option to set their A.I. to like... idle... or something, until called back. It's unfortunate.

I saw the Command behavior, but that's a lot of text input. Is there another work around, besides not using pets during fights? lol

Comments

• ShouKShouK
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,735
    You can type in "sit!" in the chat box or set a hotkey for the pet's Rest skill. Not sure if there is a preset command for it because I kept mine to the default one which is collaborate attack or something since I never get how that thing works...
  • YokkaichiYokkaichi
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,145
    You use the "stay!" command and they will not move until either you move far away enough or you use a different command that will force them to move.
  • ShoogShoog
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,535
    Bippi wrote: »
    Yes, I like to fight alongside my pets. They're very helpful for me against multi-aggro involving archers/mages with the right click attack command! (or if you can set the A.I. that way to target long distance enemies?)

I just keep mine to auto-attack, so I hope they run off and do their own things, but most of the time, they end up coming back to me with enemies in tow ready to hit both of us with attacks that splash. I didn't see an option to set their A.I. to like... idle... or something, until called back. It's unfortunate.

I saw the Command behavior, but that's a lot of text input. Is there another work around, besides not using pets during fights? lol

I'm not sure if you're aware or not but instead of needing to right click on the enemy and then click on "Attack with Pet", a faster option you can try is to hold down the shift key, move your mouse cursor over the enemy you want the pet to attack (you will see the letter "P" showing on the mouse cursor sword icon), and then click on the enemy. The pet will then proceed to attack the it.

I used to right click my pets and then click on the attack with pet button during battles too, but then my bf told me about the shift + left mouse click method and I immediately felt like a dunce because I had played the game for 2 or 3 years before I found this out!
    Greta
  • BippiBippi
    Mabinogi Rep: 850
    edited May 1, 2017
    Shoog wrote: »
    Bippi wrote: »

I'm not sure if you're aware or not but instead of needing to right click on the enemy and then click on "Attack with Pet", a faster option you can try is to hold down the shift key, move your mouse cursor over the enemy you want the pet to attack (you will see the letter "P" showing on the mouse cursor sword icon), and then click on the enemy. The pet will then proceed to attack the it.

I used to right click my pets and then click on the attack with pet button during battles too, but then my bf told me about the shift + left mouse click method and I immediately felt like a dunce because I had played the game for 2 or 3 years before I found this out!

... Can I have that dunce hat? I'll go sit in the corner now. lol

Yokkaichi wrote: »
    You use the "stay!" command and they will not move until either you move far away enough or you use a different command that will force them to move.

I'll try this. I assume he'll just ... do that, then wait to get attacked before attacking or something and maybe stay in said spot after moving about. idunnoilltryitandsee

ShouK wrote: »
    You can type in "sit!" in the chat box or set a hotkey for the pet's Rest skill. Not sure if there is a preset command for it because I kept mine to the default one which is collaborate attack or something since I never get how that thing works...

I've definitely done this, but unfortunately he just comes right back to me once I've been hit. Good animals. Much love. So protective.