Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Why do people just reject good ideas? :/

LhakrymaLhakryma
Mabinogi Rep: 1,010
edited May 1, 2017 in General Chat
I came up with an excellent idea for girg raids: let's use different talent title icons depending on our roles, so all the bladers use warrior icon, all the shielders use cleric icon and all the spikers use ninja icon. It's PERFECT and it would help people screw up less -_-

When I suggested this idea to my party, one genius' reply was simply "learn to read"... Yeah...

Why do some people just have to be this stupid? :/
Admittedly this idea won't help the really good teams because they're already working together as a... well... TEAM, but this idea is great when playing with strangers.

Now that I think about it, it might be because most of the people in this game have next to no clue about most of the systems in the game and they brute forced their totals, without actually understanding the game...

Comments

• hontoowarihontoowari
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,165
    Because that's just the internet for you. People literally don't care about others. They play the game how they want to and crap on the rest of us. Some servers are full of people like that, and people wonder why people complain about the toxic community.
  • LeineiLeinei
    Mabinogi Rep: 16,440
    A lot players hide their talent icons because they get in the way though. =T
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
    I hate to say this but, everyone is assigned their role before the battle begins. Just do what you are suppose to do and not worry about what others are suppose to do. Because I am pretty sure everyone understands what they are responsible for. Making your idea moot.

-pat pat-
    GretaTheNyanCatRetry
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    It's not excellent idea at all in my opinion... Talents have nothing to do with Girgashiy raids rofl. Just edit units in raid party, that's all you need to do.
    TheNyanCat
  • GretaGreta
    hontoowari wrote: »
    Because that's just the internet for you. People literally don't care about others. They play the game how they want to and crap on the rest of us. Some servers are full of people like that, and people wonder why people complain about the toxic community.

I have no idea what are you talking about. I find many helpful players and i also helped at least 3 players as well today. Maybe you hang around in a wrong place because i don't find any toxic players, just drama makers, but you can avoid them easily.
    Retry
  • LhakrymaLhakryma
    Liyeta wrote: »
    He is right you know.... just read the name in the party.
    Your idea is not too good because:
    1. Changing talent have 24 hour real time cool down.
    2. Most people that need shield know where to position themself.
    3. Some people minimize name, talent icon or both.

1) They serve no actual purpose ingame, so you might as well use them for something
    2) No, they most definitely do not know where to go, most of the times I've got at least another shielder on me... Now that might be that I'm in the wrong, which would be interesting, since they're the ones coming to my position xD
    3) Then in this case "he" was not right because you wouldn't see the name anyway xD
    Gaea wrote: »
    I hate to say this but, everyone is assigned their role before the battle begins. Just do what you are suppose to do and not worry about what others are suppose to do. Because I am pretty sure everyone understands what they are responsible for. Making your idea moot.

-pat pat-

No, that's just the thing, most people are lost in it, most of the times I'm running I see at least a few d00bers just blading girg before he's even been spiked...
    Greta wrote: »
    It's not excellent idea at all in my opinion... Talents have nothing to do with Girgashiy raids rofl. Just edit units in raid party, that's all you need to do.

I know... I was making a suggestion on how they CAN be made to help the raid. Of course, this won't help the people that know what they're doing, but it will help people that are just lost there, which is what happens most of the times you run with strangers xD
    Building the teams as "shield", "blade", "spike" is a really inefficient way of handling it because people do not have a "team" to regroup to.
    Building it on teams is rather inefficient because the team members don't really know the other team member's roles instinctively, especially when running with strangers.
    Building it on teams AND using my idea, however, is golden. Since you instinctively know each member's role just by looking at their icon, you quickly identify either your shielder, if you're farther away, or your blades/spikes if you're a shielder and they're away.

Regardless of how you look at it, this idea can objectively ONLY HELP people if everybody would use it.

But then again, I'm trying for a tactical approach when playing with strangers, which is probably a fail from the start, as you can't really coordinate well with them xD
    Greta
  • GretaGreta
    edited May 1, 2017
    Maybe it is a good idea to people who don't use Ctrl+N which removes names with icons, because i do use it since that makes your game run even smoother and if the place gets too crowded i kinda hate seeing letters all over my screen lol. But yeah, when i think about it now, your suggestion makes sense when you are in a hurry to find shielder in that huge mess.
    TheNyanCat
  • LhakrymaLhakryma
    Hehe the only time I think I use ctrl N is in the x o event xD
    It's a shame they didn't make the teams distinguishable somehow, like color coded auras. I'd really like a purple/Johnny Gat aura @_@
  • KouyioueKouyioue
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,030
    edited May 1, 2017
    Just make it like halo 2 where platoons have their own nice little waypoint marker hanging over their heads with their role icon and their name and talent icon autohide when not being mouseovered. You know. Like in modern games.

Seems like a quick fix. Seriously, something like this can be done with like four lines of code. Guess that's why I'm rich and most MMO players are not B)
  • PolicromaPolicroma
    Mabinogi Rep: 6,730
    A little organization never hurt, but you know how it'll go. Some armchair raidleaders will ignore the boss and spend precious time yelling at each other for not being in their correct "space". For the sake of everyone's sanity, I suspect it's best if everybody mind their own dang business.
  • BerylBeryl
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,750
    A visual aid would certainly make things easier but using the talent icon isn't the way to go.

First of all, talent titles/icons actually do serve a purpose, namely a cosmetic one. You might not care for that aspect but disregarding the opinion of those who do is irrational.
    Second, if this idea were to be adopted, one would have to restrict oneself to no more than two roles per real day (one before you change title, one after) or else cause confusion when switching roles, which would make this idea pointless to begin with.

If it bothers you a lot, you should work out a good idea for a visual aid and post it the Suggestions forum, or request the removal of the talent title change limitation (why does a purely cosmetic title even have that restriction?).
  • YellowBinYellowBin
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,320
    edited May 2, 2017
    Just make ppl wear robes with some color.
    Everyone should have a set of robes they own in different colors.
    some hue of red- blade.
    some hue of blue - shield
    some hue of grey - spike.
    doesn't have to be on point and pure expensive colors. But just a color that indicates at minimum would be much more manageable than something that is limited.

Or a casual print shirt that is two toned: main color as the group. secondary as the role.

Idk, a server or the entire mabi community can decide what colors to use or something, whatever.
    XiokunSiodhanHawkleaf
  • BlissfulkillBlissfulkill
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,425
    Let us be honest, there will probably be a roundabout way for the title icons to automatically changed, like regular titles do during Part Time Jobs. Nexon CAN code that least.
    Sherri
  • LhakrymaLhakryma
    Robes seems like the best idea and I was thinking of that as well, but it's not accessible to everybody off the bat, and people are REALLY lazy, trust me, even if they'd have a role colored robe in the dressing room, do you think they'd bother to do it if it takes them more than 3 clicks?

If I'd be in a guild full of people and we did this with the guild, this would work perfectly, especially when augmented with mic chat. But as it stands, it's really hard to coordinate large teams with no help from the game.
  • SheenaSheena
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,515
    I support the robes idea :)

It would be easier to find the shield people since some names are weird and hard to find & also some kind of icon above our heads could help
    Lhakryma
  • NekoLilyNekoLily
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,335
    Lhakryma wrote: »
    Regardless of how you look at it, this idea can objectively ONLY HELP people if everybody would use it.

Objectively speaking, why the leader can't just say "this shielder will shield this spiker and this blader"? It was soooo easy when the leader of a raid did this, so smooth and fast. You just follow that shielder or you make sure you have vision of the ones you shield, without having any issue. [for a full party of 16, only one shielder will have to protect 3 more people instead of only 2 - always talking as the jobs are equally distributed]
    TheNyanCat
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
    Well then you're just in a bad party and need to find a better one.
  • ErorservErorserv
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,695
    Short answer: subjectivity.
    Long answer: subjectivity /sʌbdʒɛkˈtɪvɪti/ noun The quality of being based on or influenced by personal feelings, tastes, or opinions.
    Twelie
  • TwelieTwelie
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,840
    edited May 3, 2017
    Long answer: subjectivity /sʌbdʒɛkˈtɪvɪti/ noun The quality of being based on or influenced by personal feelings, tastes, or opinions.

This. Maybe they just don't think it's such a good idea. Maybe it's not "perfect". Perhaps they're not stupid, either. Did that hostility come through in you asking?
  • LhakrymaLhakryma
    edited May 3, 2017

Here's the thing: it's not subjective. The fact that doing this does help is objective, not subjective. There is absolutely no drawback to this (different from limitations).
    Here's a different way to notice it: if everybody would use it, would this idea help the players? Yes. Is there any way it would be bad for the players? No. The fact that it would help if everybody used it is independent of other player's opinions, ergo it's objective.
    Twelie wrote: »
    This. Maybe they just don't think it's such a good idea. Maybe it's not "perfect". Perhaps they're not stupid, either. Did that hostility come through in you asking?

But can they explain why they think it's not a good idea? Substantiate your opinion, because if you don't, you just look lazy :/
    The "hostility" was just towards the genius that said "how about you learn to read"... And my position is still the same: if your rebuttal to my idea is "learn to read", then you're just being stupid, simple as that. And yes, that's my subjective opinion ;)

The robe idea is even better and I've thought about it as well, as I said, but it's harder to implement because people are lazy :/
    YellowBin