Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!
Closed

Please Extend The Sound Of Spring Event

TwelieTwelie
Mabinogi Rep: 3,840
edited May 2, 2017 in Feedback and Suggestions
^ As title says. Just by a bit. From my experience, a fair amount of people just cant be afking doing the event for that long every single day. There's not enough leeway in my opinion.

You can't turn in leftover wood either. I'm sad about it.

Edit: If you answer no, I'd like to hear what you have to say. Why not?
Sherri
  1. Are you ok with extending the event?97 votes
    1. Yes
       73% (71 votes)
    2. No
       27% (26 votes)

Comments

• SollSoll
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,330
    if the event didnt take as long as it did over here in NA (looking at KR and dat tree maturing in seconds....) it would be understandable to have it as short as it is, but waiting 35 mins for one box is just bull design. it's like they just want players to stay zombies ingame.
    TwelieVimi
  • TwelieTwelie
    Soll wrote: »
    if the event didnt take as long as it did over here in NA (looking at KR and dat tree maturing in seconds....) it would be understandable to have it as short as it is, but waiting 35 mins for one box is just bull design. it's like they just want players to stay zombies ingame.

Does it mature in seconds? I'm unaware of the event that KR got and how it differs. Source?
  • Raincloud95Raincloud95
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,830
    they gotta pull this crap during finals too. i missed a few days
    VimiSherri
  • XiokunXiokun
    Mabinogi Rep: 11,100
    I don't mind if they extend it, but I rather them fix it than extend it.

[Rant Incoming, Hold on to your Butts]

1. May I humbly ask we scrap this '36 minute afk then press a button' ordeal? Ever since the first time this was put on the table with the log in events, I didn't like it very much, but I respected it and dealt with it. But then it just got upsurd to starting with that rebirth event when they wanted you to stay... what, 36 real LIFE hours (with the timer stopping once you logged off), and THEN remember to press a button? Then the two unpreferrable ideas wanted to have a baby and made this very tedious ordeal of having to wait 36 minutes, remember to come back to your homestead, press a button, make sure you feed the plant again, wait another 36 minutes, AND be sure you don't forget to turn in your wood before the end of the day. That is ONE needy tree.
    2. On that note, why is wood limited to only five? If this event is, what I'm to be assuming, to spend more time on your homestead and in Mabinogi as a whole, why is there a limit to how many logs? And why aren't they able to be destroyed? Is it because the makers of the event don't want everyone to AFK with their computers overnight and they'd rather want us actively doing something? Well staring at a tree for 36 minutes is definitely not actively doing something, either. Pressing buttons per 36 minutes is doing.... something, but it's not what working on a homestead should be all about! :(
    3. To fix the event I say we remove the limit of logs and shorten the time taken to 15 minutes for the tree to grow. Secondly, I like the idea of going out to gather essences, but I wish the event utilized gathering a lot more. Maybe like gathering our OWN stuff for our OWN furniture and crafting it with our favorite life skills such as tailoring, carpentry, blacksmithing, heck, maybe even techy smart-tree-houses with hillwen engineering and magic craft. It would be a lot cooler to craft limited time furniture of our own instead of praying upon the RNG gods for something that isn't two cheap pieces of fabric from a box.

I'm sorry for the rant, and I understand the GMs, Translators, Coders, and everyone else at Nexon NA, no matter how kind they may be, can't alter the event because it would be unfair to our neighbors down in Korea... though still, I feel the makers of the event should get a little bit more creative. If they "don't have any ideas", they can take a trip down here at NA. We have boat loads of ideas.
    WolfandWolfGoldtiger01HawkleafKimberlySutaruZeoLadameVimioffwithyourheadsHiroki05and 3 others.
  • badnewsbarrettbadnewsbarrett
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,890
    Twelie wrote: »

Does it mature in seconds? I'm unaware of the event that KR got and how it differs. Source?

KR's version, their tree only takes 30 seconds whereas ours takes a half hour. They also get more wood per day, but their event is running shorter than ours which is probably why. Doesn't explain our trees taking longer though.

I wouldn't mind the event being extended for those who need it though.
    Raincloud95
  • ArjuneArjune
    Mabinogi Rep: 16,890
    I wish there was higher limit than 5 ... I wish we could get an essence ever 30 minutes we're logged in and turn in as much wood as we want. I keep getting JUNK from my boxes and like hell do I wanna buy all this stuff for 1m a pop :|
  • TwelieTwelie
    edited May 2, 2017

KR's version, their tree only takes 30 seconds whereas ours takes a half hour. They also get more wood per day, but their event is running shorter than ours which is probably why. Doesn't explain our trees taking longer though.

I wouldn't mind the event being extended for those who need it though.

Again, a source would be appreciated. My friend google translated it and said it's 30 minutes as well, but I don't trust google translate either. Mabination doesn't have anything in the foreign content section so far as I can see concerning it. I am unsure as to where to get foreign Mabinogi news currently so I cannot verify myself.
  • badnewsbarrettbadnewsbarrett
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,890
    Again, a source would be appreciated. My friend google translated it and said it's 30 minutes as well, but I don't trust google translate either. Mabination doesn't have anything in the foreign content section so far as I can see concerning it. I am unsure as to where to get foreign Mabinogi news currently so I cannot verify myself.

As far as the time I don't have a source, just what someone told me here on the forums. The wood was on their announcement page, which was also Google translated on my phone that they get more. I don't recall the page having mentioned the time it takes for their trees to grow though, I just double checked and I didn't see anything.

From what I understand though, they get extras just for staying logged in 30 minutes plus doing Yela's quest, which to me is why it makes sense their trees wouldn't take as long to grow, since they already have to AFK for some of their Essences.
  • ArchdukeValeCortezArchdukeValeCortez
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,380
    Lift the artificial limit on the wood you can turn in, prune the box reward list to be items you CANT buy from NPCs, dramatically shorten the grow time on the tree. I know the devs like to think that we spend every waking moment playing their game but we don't. We have things like school, or work, or families or *gasp* other games to play.

As it is, AFK events are terrible events that have exactly 1 purpose and 1 purpose only. It pads the statistics of the company so it looks like they are more "active" to their shareholders or board or whatever group of old people have financial control of the company but don't understand their audience because they aren't in the target demographic. All this event has managed to do is get people to log in and STAND THERE for 2.5 hours. Sure it looks great in the board room chart, but if you go to say Dunbarton and have a look around, 90%+ of the people logged in are stationary zombies. People are in the game yeah, but they aren't playing it.
    badnewsbarrettTwelieZeoXiokunKimberlyArjuneTairikuRaincloud95LadameVimiand 3 others.
  • ZeoZeo
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,030
    I agree with extending the event for like... maybe one more week because this actually require you to be on the game for almost 3 hours just to get 5 woods and 5 boxes and not everyone have the time for that... why can't it exactly be like what KR had recently? :/
    badnewsbarrettoffwithyourheads
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    edited May 3, 2017
    I just want this event to be gone. Enough with these afk events...
    ErorservHawkleafHarukarioffwithyourheadsHiroki05LidrsterNyuuHokusai
  • UberchaoUberchao
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,590
    I've barely even noticed the event. I've just kinda been ignoring it. I don't even remember what it's about.
    Xiokun
  • FweepFweep
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,015
    I'm ok with the extension of this event for those who need it as it doesn't delay the next event. I'm over and done with this one after tomorrow; I've absolutely hated it.
  • KimberlyKimberly
    Mabinogi Rep: 810
    I wish we could just have AFK events where you didn't need to press some lame button. A long time ago, you'd just get the damn reward. This way we'd be happy and the statistic padders would be happy as well.
    badnewsbarrettXiokunTairikuoffwithyourheads
  • SutaruSutaru
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,715
    I absolutely hate that you can only turn in 5 pieces a day. Since I missed a few days I have a lovely stack of wood in my inventory that I cant turn in :/
    Raincloud95
  • FrozareFrozare
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,215
    I've done it every day, and I still want it extended. I've only gotten 6 of the homestead items, and the last 4 days I didn't get anything! I wish they didn't put all this junk in the box. Kind of annoying getting so many leathers and other crap instead of the items I want.
    badnewsbarrettShoogKimberlyZeoRaincloud95XiokunTwelieLadameSherri
  • ArjuneArjune
    Mabinogi Rep: 16,890
    Frozare wrote: »
    I've done it every day, and I still want it extended. I've only gotten 6 of the homestead items, and the last 4 days I didn't get anything! I wish they didn't put all this junk in the box. Kind of annoying getting so many leathers and other crap instead of the items I want.

EXACTLY. and they expect us to get enough of this stuff to decorate our homesteads? :/
    Raincloud95
  • Raincloud95Raincloud95
    I'm running close to not getting the green house. There wasn't a lot of wiggle room to begin with. I have a rolling five wood i can't turn in because I passed out without turning them in one day (studying for finals) AND I have gotten SIX raspa flower patches (they look like yellow weeds) like they were cute at first but can I please stop getting duplicates? The other items are super cute and i want some of them too ;-; plus there is maintenance tomorrow. This event blows (except the rewards, I need those) they should make it possible to do more in one day, or extend it. The people who voted no can feel free to give me their hs items :'( lol
  • Raincloud95Raincloud95
    I may be cynical but i don't think they really care what the NA players think :(
  • EllisyaEllisya
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,525
    edited May 4, 2017
    Only thing that Im concerning is that by extending this event, will it delay/postpone upcoming event/contents though. If it does not postpone, then I would love to see it gets extended. If it does... then maybe not.
This discussion has been closed.