Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the Mini-games + Quality of Life Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/91106/mini-games-quality-of-life-update-patch-notes-april-11th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

What Would You Want Fix In Mabi

AkirachuAkirachu
Mabinogi Rep: 5,560
edited May 3, 2017 in General Chat
i would remove reforges and take the aoe effects off pets cuz spaming bone dragons and clouds doesnt make you pro
PolicromaXiokunAeolysHiroki05IonSherriKitsuyashaDivine323halftree

Comments

• GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    edited May 3, 2017
    Fix Alexina L-rod quest, add Custom Avatars in these forums (they said Custom Avatars will be added "soon", but here we are after 6 months still no Custom Avatars), fix weird RNG in special upgrading and reforging, increase drop rates for most rare materials and items... I would go on and on probably lol.
  • BlissfulkillBlissfulkill
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,425
    edited May 3, 2017
    -A 1 minute time limit between pet summoning while in a shadow mission or dungeon.

-Bash. I think that is all that is needed to be said.

Ion
  • BerryswirlBerryswirl
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,140
    Will disagree with 1 min time limit, nimbus saves lives.

• iGUMMYB3ARSiGUMMYB3ARS
    Mabinogi Rep: 255
    Optional graphic improvement lol.
    SheenaKitsuyasha
  • GakkuriaquaGakkuriaqua
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,870
    The client that does not realize the game crashed 10minutes ago and makes me redownload the whole game once every week or so.
    Veterinarian
    Berryswirl wrote: »

Can't yall be more tactical? Like super duper tactical? What is this?
  • PolicromaPolicroma
    Mabinogi Rep: 6,730
    As much as I like the idea of ditching reforges, there would be an uproar.

If I were to do anything there, I'd introduce more content that limits the effectiveness of spamming pet summons, as well as limiting the effectiveness of reforges. Though after the whole Rabbie Phantasm thing I get the feeling Nexon's already started rethinking all this pay-to-win business. Maybe it's not the best example, but I at least find it interesting that they're entertaining the idea of limiting stuff like this. (Though ironically soloing the dungeon involves pets... *sigh*)

I would also increase rewards for certain types of content, and increase the rewards of end chests for people who solo or 2-man a dungeon. It's kinda silly, but I've heard of people multiboxing dungeons just so they can park their alts in there for more rewards. Seriously, if there's only one or two people in there, let them have bigger loot. The point of grouping is to do things safer or faster.
    YellowBinPrezzixTheNyanCatZeoVeterinarianImaizumi
  • KisarayaKisaraya
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,060
    There's four things I would change if given the chance, each for different reasons.
    1.) Fighter update, it as it stands is a bit lack luster, mainly because not only is the AI designed to interrupt or counter moves, but because if you miss, sometimes you get stuck. I personally would like to see more brawling weapons/enchants and new moves. I would like to see more kicks like side kicks, round house kicks, ax kicks, even a flying side kick. Or you could go fighting game routes and have special moves that you learn when you go down a particular magic path. So Ice Bolt say r9 + Charging Strike r9 = Fighter's Chi Blast Cold. Lightning Bolt + Charging Strike = Electric Aura. Fire Bolt + Charging Strike = Flame Breath. These would make fighter seem oooo instead of eh. Basically moves that are combinations of other moves.
    2.) Fix some of the plot holes or npcs that lead to nowhere. Examples include Videk, Nao, Triona, Laighlinne, Shamala, and many many others. I know some of them lead to generation missions, but having gone through all of them, many dialogues point to NPCs and it's a dead end. Personally if you complete enough of the generation missions I'd like to go hang out in the soul stream (lots of other people do it), or go hang out with Tin.
    3.) Dye system additions. Ok this is a dual thing so bear with me. The first I would like to see is a color picker. What I mean by this is a tool (maybe cheap in gold) that you can buy from a general store that lets you see what color code is on items already dyed. I know this might take a huge overhaul, but sometimes you have a pretty dye on an outfit and you forget what color it is. The second thing is Dye Lightning and Darkening. So let's say you have a blue dye, but it's too dark, you add some drops to it adjust the blue out of the red/yellow/blue until you get the color you want. It might also help fix some of the dyes that are out there instead of just sything them and praying.
    4.) Adjusting clothing, I'm not talking about rereleasing clothing, just make more clothing available for both genders/races. I know you can swap genders, but I've mentioned this before, I don't understand why nexon doesn't want Females to be Pilots, or Doctors, or some of the other profession clothing out there. I get that there's certain gender stereotypes but give players the choice, making it for them, well let's just say I had hoped we'd be beyond that by 2017.
    badnewsbarrettSylviaWolfeKitsuyashaVeterinarian
  • LhakrymaLhakryma
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,010
    Lag... Fix the lag, and I'm happy :)
    Or at least make dungeons and any instanced thing client sided and peer to peer, because the servers seem to be poop, and for EU players it's laggy even on the best of days xD

Other than that, raise the rewards for some of the fun content, like rafting, exploring, ballooning, falias runs, dragon egg defense, commerce, theatre, etc.
    Also an option to replay the generations (like the sagas) would be brilliant (of course without the rewards), cuz sometimes I just want to do g1-g12 again :)
  • MiasmataMiasmata
    Mabinogi Rep: 675
    Incentivise and diversify other activities other then shadow missions and dungeons. Utilize the huge land of Iria, expand on exploration, hide cool hidden things etc, add explorable history, going into a ruin shouldnt be just for treasure, but also have lore and secrets to be discovered.

Because low levels have to literally grind their way with shadow missions to access higher content, which just requires you to grind more shadow missions.

This game has literally become, get on mabi grind sms and talk with friends.

We need more emphasis on the Fantasy Life aspect, because that's what makes mabi unique its what makes it shine. Otherwise it's just a subpar copy of other mmorpgs.
    BlissfulkillFweepAlmostNotsuperPrezzixSylviaWolfeImaizumi
  • KouyioueKouyioue
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,030
    edited May 9, 2017
    fix the ingame reporting system that's been pointing to 404s and hasn't worked for over 6 years

Change the way the client handles scripting and waiting for server replies because a game that looks 10 times worse than crysis shouldn't run 10 times worse at 100% CPU with massive FPS drops...

This would make every other performance problem less apparent.
    PolicromaAlmostNotsuperPrezzixErorservZeoDangerousDitchSherriVeterinarian
  • EllisyaEllisya
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,525
    "FIx" as in something actually "broken" rather than "Bash is broken, Reforge is broken" kind stuffs...

1. Infinite Alexina L-rod quest receiving
    2. "You cannot do that" even though yourself is not really in battle or don't have 30seconds of battle penalty thing. (Combat mode/Normal mode switch in order to remove that thing..somehow)
    3. Guild page issue (though they said they are looking over it so..hopefully it gets fixed asap)
    4. Summoned Dragon Remnant glitch (the one you can't summon until next maintenance)

Can't really think other broken stuffs.. hm
    GretaFweepDaktaroErorserv
  • XiokunXiokun
    Mabinogi Rep: 11,100
    "What would you want to fix in Mabinogi"... hmm... *writes in huge letters with sharpie* EVERYTHING

Fix the rafting displacement.
    Fix the dislocated limbs, shoulders, and invisible body parts when you wear clothing. (Such as your torso being invisible under your shirt when you put it on. I found this issue being a giant wearing premium winter wear... I forget which it was. It was a rare outfit.)
    Fix the strange way fat and muscle is accumulated on the body.
    Fix everything about the graphics really, but without losing the anime style of Mabinogi. Something similar to the smoothness of Aura Kingdom models.
    Remove the caps of skills if they are already uncapped in KR. (If KR hasn't yet, tell them to.)
    Balance races not only combat wise, but clothing wise. Unigender and Unirace.
    Fix broken quests.
    Fix the wording of events and make sure the wording of events is easily understandable before the event is launched.
    Make sure you can remove event items if one doesn't need them anymore so they don't clog the inventories.
    Fix fighter glitches.
    Balance the enemies out with player strength. In other words, make mobs smarter and give them more skills to make combat engaging and unique. Buff HP/Defense mobs with insta-kill moves does not count.
    Fix outrageous skill exp. Blacksmithing is ridiculous and so is synth without training potions.
    Fix the wonky music in the fields of Tir and Dunbarton to match the heavenly music of say, the Avalon Gates.
    'Fix' forgotten hobbies in Iria and Uladh no one knows nor talks about. Like fossil finding and getting enough to get a lava cat robe, and that scathach tree thing for champion knuckles.
    GretaFweepHiroki05NeroyAutographDaktaroRadiant DawnHumiliatingHawkleafPrezzixand 5 others.
  • FeliceFelice
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,790
    edited May 3, 2017
    Honestly, there list of things I'd fix is fairly small:

1: Update all Pre-Generation 9 Outfits/Armors/Weapons to match the quality of Post-Generation 16 Content. Its stupid how we have all of these new, beautiful looking outfits and weapons, yet some of the tried and true classics look like they were barfed up by Ferghus in comparison.

2: Balance the Racial Skill Bias.
    This is something I've mentioned a lot in-game and on the forums once or twice. Giants, lack the ability to use the Archery Skill-set, yet have a perfectly good racial based ranged weapon. Remove the Throw Attack Skill, refund its AP, (just like they did with Sharp Mind, ages ago) And allow the Atlatl and Javelins to use the Archery Talent, giving Giants that talent. Conversely, Elves lack the Knight/Lancer Skill-set. Fixing this is not as straight-forward as Giants and Archery, but is still 100% doable. Take the Rapier weapons, technical two-handed swords, that, by game definition, do not fall under the Sword Mastery tree. Add these weapons to the list of weapons capable of using the Lance Skills, as rapiers were originally designed as thrusting weapons. They would not have the reach of a Lance, weaker natural penetration levels, and no minimum range restrictions, but at the same time, it would be a Uni-Race Lance-Class weapon, giving Elves the ability to use this talent.

Anything else I can thing of, has been mentioned by others already.
    IonNekoLilySherriImaizumi
    edited May 3, 2017
    Ellisya wrote: »
    "FIx" as in something actually "broken" rather than "Bash is broken, Reforge is broken" kind stuffs...

1. Infinite Alexina L-rod quest receiving
    2. "You cannot do that" even though yourself is not really in battle or don't have 30seconds of battle penalty thing. (Combat mode/Normal mode switch in order to remove that thing..somehow)
    3. Guild page issue (though they said they are looking over it so..hopefully it gets fixed asap)
    4. Summoned Dragon Remnant glitch (the one you can't summon until next maintenance)

Can't really think other broken stuffs.. hm

I think they qualify to an extent, though this just borders on a matter of word semantics that in the end, is for the OP to decide what he meant with this thread.

In any case, listing off glitches belongs in another section, and quite honestly, what would the point be of already stating established glitches that are unintentional in the first places, and something Nexon will likely fix in their own time, versus intended game functions, working as they are meant to, that devalue the game? I mean, Vindictus realize that the Attack Defense Formula was incredibly messed up, along with its RNG drop system, and reformed them immensely.
  • BerryswirlBerryswirl

I spent money on them I might as well use them. 1min time limit isn't something to "fix" in a game anyway, that's more so a suggestion. Just because you dont want to use pets doesn't mean other ppl don't o3o. Clouds are handy for having more than one party member in need of healing when you don't want to use pt heal/dont have time to pt heal/or no one has r1 pt heal.

I spent money on them I might as well use them. 1min time limit isn't something to "fix" in a game anyway, that's more so a suggestion. Just because you dont want to use pets doesn't mean other ppl don't o3o. Clouds are handy for having more than one party member in need of healing when you don't want to use pt heal/dont have time to pt heal/or no one has r1 pt heal.

I feel Nimbus spam is far too easy, and heaps on the fact that Clerics are useless, depending on how many nimbuses there are. I am not one to advocate a nerf of one thing as a buff to another, but I feel a light restriction would allow room for further buffs of said class, while turning Pet summons into something requiring consideration, especially since Nimbuses auto revive and their summon ability are quick and effective.

The point is, if you do not have a Rank 1 Party Healer, it should be an actual detriment to the party that cannot be so easily covered without potions or some other effect. A lack of a detriment, and the persistence of a near infinite better option when it is needed, is what contributes to the useless function as a healer in the first place.

That being said, fix can mean many things by the context, and the OP clearly wants to nerf reforges, an intentional but powerful system of weapon upgrading. That arguments boils down to weighing one definition versus the other in what context of internet speak, and it is a useless tangent to go upon anyway. If we are going to list glitches, then why is this not in one of the subcategories for support, and what would the point be if one knows they are subjected to being written out as being unintentional? It seems incredibly trifling to focus on glitches rather than a perceived flawed game mechanic, which is my subjective perspective. In any case, I believe their values lies in that they can be debated as such, where intention or lack of is something you can prove in one way or another. You are not wrong, I just disagree with you, and I hope not to offend you.

As for the not having to use it argument, I'd have to think about it
    AlmostNotsuperPrezzixNekoLily
  • LeineiLeinei
    Mabinogi Rep: 16,440
    edited May 3, 2017
    I wish they would increase the healing output of Healing and Party Healing spells, as well as possibly involve an increase in wound recovery with that. While Shield of Trust is an excellent way to heal wounds, Clerics should have something comparable. The best Healers can do with wound recovery in battle involves the Pina 2nd Title and the Party Healing Master Title, and those barely touch wounds.

I don't mind the way Nimbuses are used because if Healers go down, you need someone to bring them back and keep others alive in the meantime.
    Leinei wrote: »
    I wish they would increase the healing output of Healing and Party Healing spells, as well as possibly involve an increase in wound recovery with that. While Shield of Trust is an excellent way to heal wounds, Clerics should have something comparable. The best Healers can do with wound recovery in battle involves the Pina 2nd Title and the Party Healing Master Title, and those barely touch wounds.

I don't mind the way Nimbuses are used because if Healers go down, you need someone to bring them back and keep others alive in the meantime.

I agree, my limit was to make them a last resort; a crutch, not a replacement.
  • BerryswirlBerryswirl
    edited May 3, 2017
    @Blissfulkill

Nah no offence, just debating with you.
    I do have r1 pt heal but like..some ppl don't ;~;. I agree on your point that the cloud spam does negate the cleric need though, and looking at it that way I can see why you would want a time limit between pet summons to make the cleric class actually useful.