Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Topic Changed: Maintenance?

Comments

• AeolysAeolys
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,115
    "We heard your pleas, and we will no longer be hosting events that involves waiting 36 minutes for items. We are happy to introduce the new and improved event where you wait 35 minutes for items! You will need less time to wait to get your sweet sweet loot!"
    *wakes up*
    Whoa, what a nightmare.
    Sphyra21IyasenuHazurahRadiant DawnXiokunBlissfulkillNekoLilyMyuto[Deleted User]Erorservand 2 others.
  • BuffalosBuffalos
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,795
    It's only the first week of the month, so Patch Tuesday hasn't happened yet. Unless Microsoft pushed one out last week without me noticing, we really should have had one today rather than Thursday.
    Most of the lag I see in game only occurs on my server's market channel: it does not exist in the other channels for me. If you aren't doing so already, I would suggest running missions and stuff on channels other than your market channel to see if that helps you at all.
    Liyeta wrote: »
    And in game housing board is not working for me T^T

Have you changed your computer's or router's MTU at all? If you lower your MTUl, the housing boards tend to break entirely.
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
    Shoog wrote: »
    Gaea wrote: »
    There better be maintenance tomorrow. It's getting laggy. Took 10 seconds to de-summon a pet. :|

I've been noticing some spikes here and there since the weekend on Mari but while on dead channels and not the market channel. Was blaming my internet but I guess it's the servers if others are having issues. Hopefully there will be a maintenance announcement before the end of the day today.

I hope so too. If the server is not restarted at least once a week it will overload and crash.

The last time that happened, somehow it fried one of my ram ports. Granted it was probably going to happened sooner or later because it's a refurbished laptop, but as soon as the server crashed my laptop shut down. I had to figure out how to open the thing and remove the ram stick from the fried port. It was a little too coincidental for me.

I ended up having to shell out 80 bucks for an 8gb stick (there was originally two 4 gb sticks).

Anyway, there has to be maintenance at least once a week. There just has to be, or things become unstable.
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Liyeta wrote: »
    Gaea wrote: »
    Sorry I get paranoid because that one week when they decided not to do maintenance destroyed one of my ram sticks. >_>;;;

Isnt that just because its time to change your ram stick. If you use an item for a very long time then something bound to be broken sooner or later.

I said it was the ram port.
  • LeineiLeinei
    Mabinogi Rep: 16,440
    How many ports for RAM does your laptop have?
  • PanPan
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,165
    You all complain too much.
    HarukariDarknessreyGretaNilrem[Deleted User]Naomii66
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Leinei wrote: »
    How many ports for RAM does your laptop have?

2, thank god. XD
  • LeineiLeinei
    edited May 3, 2017
    Well, that's good. =D

Was it difficult to replace the port?

WE HAVE A MAINTENANCE!
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    edited May 3, 2017
    Leinei wrote: »
    Well, that's good. =D

Was it difficult to replace the port?

WE HAVE A MAINTENANCE!

Thank god.

I would have to replace the motherboard of the laptop. I watched a few youtube videos and was like NOPE. lol. So I went with a simpler solution and upgraded the remaining port with a higher gb stick. Broke a nail in the process. Stupid spring latch! >_<

Laptops are a pain in the ass. It's not like a desktop where you slide open the side of the tower and can easily pull out the bad part and replace it. Oh no, laptops are compact devices where you have to take out this one thing and another thing just to get to the thing you want to replace or upgrade. A lot of people won't even bother and will just buy a new laptop. But it seemed like a simple enough to do and everything is working fine with it now.

Pray for the remaining ram port. When that goes I am going to chuck that laptop out the window.
  • NegumikoNegumiko
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,775
    anyone else notice that a lot of time the maintenance is on the earliest day you can get a big prize from a event like this? thursday is the earliest day you can get the green house, I have not missed a day and no wood has been wasted and I have 79 pieces turned in now but maintenance also turns out to be on the earliest day you can unlock the green house. this is not the first time something like this has happened. I think the maintenance was moved from wednesday to thursday just to make players wait a few hours longer to get the green house item. Nexon enjoys messing with us XD
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Negumiko wrote: »
    anyone else notice that a lot of time the maintenance is on the earliest day you can get a big prize from a event like this? thursday is the earliest day you can get the green house, I have not missed a day and no wood has been wasted and I have 79 pieces turned in now but maintenance also turns out to be on the earliest day you can unlock the green house. this is not the first time something like this has happened. I think the maintenance was moved from wednesday to thursday just to make players wait a few hours longer to get the green house item. Nexon enjoys messing with us XD

It's only for two hours. More than likely it's just going to be a server restart and probably won't even be down that long.
  • EllisyaEllisya
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,525
    odd thing is that even after maintenance we had last few days, server went laggy so much for some reason
  • AeolysAeolys
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,115
    "We apologize for everyone's discontent of our recent events which involves waiting 36 minutes to obtain prizes. We are happy to announce that we have revamped the formula and will be introducing a new type of event. In this new formula, you will be collecting token fragments every 5 minutes. After you collect 7 token fragments, you will get a token. Collect tokens and obtain prizes!"
    *wakes up*
    HERHHGG--- these night terrors are getting out of hand.
  • Raincloud95Raincloud95
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,830
    I haven't noticed anything new. Was it just a bug fix type thing? Is everyone lagging less now? I did notice the whole, take two mins to desummon a pet thing lol
  • BuffalosBuffalos
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,795
    edited May 4, 2017
    I haven't noticed anything new. Was it just a bug fix type thing? Is everyone lagging less now? I did notice the whole, take two mins to desummon a pet thing lol

Maintenance notes said it was for weekly server upkeep, so anything that changed would have been on the back end and not directly noticeable to us.
    That being said, I can summon pets on my server's market channel with no hassle again.
  • LillAngelLillAngel
    Mabinogi Rep: 560
    Negumiko wrote: »

I'm glad to see you post that, was driving myself nuts trying to figure out where i could have missed a turn in after i saw another post say they got their greenhouse yesterday. Excited to get mine after work today and rearrange my homestead. Just disappointed i haven't gotten the flower wheelbarrow yet. I'd rather have one (or more :) ) of those instead of the fairy garden. Hopefully will come up with at least one before the event is over.
  • LeineiLeinei
    Kind of surprised the notice is still up XD.
  • BlissfulkillBlissfulkill
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,425
    I do not see why we cannot hold a stream the week before the maintenance is due, instead of just the day before it. Seems we are not letting it sink in, but whatever. The anticipation is killing me. NEXT WEEK. NEXT WEEK.
  • MarithMarith
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,005
    I do not see why we cannot hold a stream the week before the maintenance is due, instead of just the day before it. Seems we are not letting it sink in, but whatever. The anticipation is killing me. NEXT WEEK. NEXT WEEK.

Am I missing an announcement, or are you just being hopeful?
  • BlissfulkillBlissfulkill
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,425
    Marith wrote: »

Am I missing an announcement, or are you just being hopeful?

Being hopeful. There must be an update next week. THERE MUST!