Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!
Closed

Generation 8: Fossil Restoration Problem

Law479Law479
Mabinogi Rep: 320
edited May 7, 2017 in Help
I tried a couple times to restore a fossil to an "mostly restored" state, but I never reach it because due to the lack of time. I did tried to ask for help from another player but he said that the restored fossil is untradeable and that he also hasn't reach it yet. I really want to complete generation 8 so that I can use the Adniel's Horn Bugle. I think the fossil restoration process should lower its difficulty because not many people can do it.

Comments

• TsumukuTsumuku
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,610
    The reason for the difficulty is because it can have some nicely rewarding items, or at very least what used to be considered nice.

If you're having difficulties with it, you can start with the largest brush, and make a few very quick passes, then the work your way down. Using a mouse is definitely a benefit if you're playing with a touch pad.
    If I remember, I'll try to record doing one tonight when I get home. I may be rusty at it since it has been a few years.
  • AeolysAeolys
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,115
    Personally, I use the smallest brush first and I click around the fossil; not do any strokes, just clicks. After I finish the perimeter of the fossil, I get the big brush and go wild on the outside bits.
  • TsumukuTsumuku
    My strategy has always been Largest first, followed by medium, followed by fine. The detail work can get the completely restored done. But mostly restored can be done with the large and medium brush fairly quickly.
  • BlissfulkillBlissfulkill
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,425
    They had a unique fossil restoration in Saga 2 that was much easier. Why not for this generation?
  • TheNyanCatTheNyanCat
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,665
    Aeolys wrote: »
    Personally, I use the smallest brush first and I click around the fossil; not do any strokes, just clicks. After I finish the perimeter of the fossil, I get the big brush and go wild on the outside bits.

Clicks are a lot better for fine details. Just use the big brush to get rid of most of the rock and just click with finer brushes.
  • TsumukuTsumuku
    I've gotten rather rusty. But here is restoring several fossils anyways. Sorry that it recorded in 720p, should have changed that before recording.

• YokkaichiYokkaichi
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,145
    Tsumuku wrote: »
    I've gotten rather rusty. But here is restoring several fossils anyways. Sorry that it recorded in 720p, should have changed that before recording.

Video's blocked for me Q.Q
    A shame too. I'm also stuck on this quest and need to complete it to finish the rest of G8...
  • TsumukuTsumuku
    edited May 7, 2017
    Sorry that it was blocked. It was due to music in the background. I told Youtube to remove the offending song.
    I may re-record it at some point, soonish.

Another point that may help is using Windows built in Magnifier if you're on a high dpi screen. Mabi was designed for lower resolution that most screens now, and at a larger size. When Mabi was being made a 17inch screen may have had 1280x1024, but more likely had 1024x768.
    Here, another video, incase the first doesn't work. It's 20 minutes of restoring fossils in various ways.
  • Law479Law479
    Well, I tried what tactics you guys have said but still can't get any "mostly restored" fossil but a lot of "restored fossil" instead. I'm always run out of time. Maybe my reaction is not fast enough to do it. I decide to put this quest aside for some time later. Thank you for the reply guys! ^^
  • TsumukuTsumuku
    The item in the inventory will always say "Restored Fossil", it won't give it a value that you can see until you turn it in.
  • Law479Law479
    Is that so? Thank you so much for telling me that.
  • AeolysAeolys
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,115
    You will need to submit the fossil like normal and that will proceed in the quest (if you cleaned the fossil well enough).
  • Law479Law479
    Thank you guys!!! I turn in a really nice restored fossil to Belita and she accept it as a "mostly restored fossil. Finally, I'm done with this fossil restoration. I'm really really really happy that I want to hug you guys for thx. <3
    Tsumuku
This discussion has been closed.