Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!
Closed

Was MOONGATE BOOK...

Comments

• IyasenuIyasenu
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,265
    Negumiko wrote: »
    Xiokun wrote: »
    Leinei wrote: »
    Also, what's the big deal about getting this Moon Book? There are already Moon Gates and Mana Tunnels everywhere. =T

@Leinei I agree with you. I'm happy with my moongates and mana tunnels everywhere. I'm just happy I don't have to wait until 6am/6pm for them to open up. Now THAT was annoying, especially when I had to be somewhere at a specific time. I don't need a book because I like looking at the scenery and taking it all in from time to time when I go to a gate. Heck, a lot of the beautiful scenery is already wasted from us going back and fourth so fast to the mana tunnels everywhere. It would be a shame no one got to look at any of it at all with the books. Just look at poor neglected Iria....

(Don't you worry, mother physis, this giant still comes to visit you in the icy plains of Silva Forest and Sella Beach...)

exactly, people hardly travel much as it is and Iria is abandoned most of the time. we should get new features that encourage us to travel in Iria more. however the new skill Aura of Palala (boosts exploration xp when you find or sell artifacts) and the new L rods from the current gacha are a nice improvement. Vales is beautiful and the only other town that has a town square that looks almost exactly like Tir town square just bigger. only downside I see in Vales is the general shop does not sell scores.

Keep in mind, the bonus you get from Palalan Embrace is completely random.
    You might get the Exploration EXP boost buff, you might get something else instead.

And it's kinda hard to take advantage of the buff at low ranks, since the duration isn't so great, but that'll improve at higher ranks of course.
    But hard to prepare for a buff that's random.
    Unless you prepare for all of them, lol!
  • XiokunXiokun
    Mabinogi Rep: 11,100
    Why don't we make commercing available in Iria? People in Quilla base camp say they get supplies from Uladh... so it only makes sense. Just think of all the money we'd make by importing homemade Vales beer and whiskey into Bangor! :D
    Negumiko
  • YokkaichiYokkaichi
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,145
    Greta wrote: »
    Yeah, I think that would be ridiculous if those expansions were a limited time item.

Also, what's the big deal about getting this Moon Book? There are already Moon Gates and Mana Tunnels everywhere. =T

Agree, we already have ton of Moongates/Mana Tunnels and some veterans still complain that newbies under 1k have this book. Remember times when we had wayyyy less Moongates/Mana tunnels and they were only available during in-game night/day? Yeah, i remember... Back when people used to travel more with mounts and some more experienced people would carry newer players through all of those gates so they could mark them all. Good times...
    Also when the moongates only led to one destination each night and rotated every in-game night, so if you needed to get somewhere that wouldn't be in the rotation for a while, you had no choice but to run there on foot. Doing G2 and having to wait for the Ceo Island moongate to be the destination for that night because there's no other way to go to Ceo except by moongate...
    Spiritika
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
    Look when you have to go to place to place to place, and sometimes as quickly as possible because your guild is harassing you...this book would be a godsend. It gets really tedious when you have a lot of stuff to repair and multiple places to go to get that stuff repaired.
    badnewsbarrett
  • badnewsbarrettbadnewsbarrett
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,890
    Gaea wrote: »
    Look when you have to go to place to place to place, and sometimes as quickly as possible because your guild is harassing you...this book would be a godsend. It gets really tedious when you have a lot of stuff to repair and multiple places to go to get that stuff repaired.

I agree. Something else I think it's really useful for, too, is if you do Dr. Lambert's quest for his daily adventurer seal. Once I talk to the NPCs I need to, I can just pop over to the next moon gate instead of having to run back and forth. It makes it so simple.
    Crimsọn
  • LeineiLeinei
    Mabinogi Rep: 16,440
    edited April 17, 2017
    Why don't we make commercing available in Iria? People in Quilla base camp say they get supplies from Uladh... so it only makes sense. Just think of all the money we'd make by importing homemade Vales beer and whiskey into Bangor! :D

That would make sense, but now I realize I'm not sure if Filia has such a FOOD trade item that they're uniquely known for. Like Vales and their whiskey.
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805

That would make sense, but now I realize I'm not sure if Filia has such a trade item that they're uniquely known for.

*coughs* Shyllien Nature Reserve...

• AlmostNotsuperAlmostNotsuper
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,240

Commercing is available in Iria. Nowhere to buy or sell goods, but you can commerce there.

I dunno if I'd want commerce in Iria, but it'd be neat if we could guard a Commerce Ship on the way to and/or from Iria.
  • LeineiLeinei
    edited April 17, 2017

That would make sense, but now I realize I'm not sure if Filia has such a trade item that they're uniquely known for.

Meaning in terms of food items like VALES WHISKEY. I edited my post for clarity.

Also, in terms of lore, the Milletians had to get permission for access to the Hillwen Mines and Shyllien Reserve, in exchange for helping the Giants and Elves reclaim these areas. I don't know if either place would really part out their ancestral lands for something like money, especially when these resources are so powerful and bandits being a known concern.
  • XiokunXiokun

I can see it all perfectly now.
    "Alright, elves, we give you all our beer and whiskey... but you gotta give us that shyllien. We're talking the strong stuff. Don't try 'n fool us with sugar crystals! > 3> We need to feel the BUFF."
    What, you thought I was talking about something else? I hear that shyllien can give you a real.. ... stamina boost.
    AlmostNotsuperGreta
  • LeineiLeinei
    @Xiokun I thought it poisoned animals, so I can't imagine that it would be a good idea for anyone to EAT it. XD
  • XiokunXiokun
    @Xiokun I thought it poisoned animals, so I can't imagine that it would be a good idea for anyone to EAT it. XD

Who said anything about eating it? ;)

I mean-
    Oops. You're right. We don't wanna get poisoned. D: Still, Iria Commerce needs to happen!
  • AlmostNotsuperAlmostNotsuper
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,240
    edited April 17, 2017

I can see it all perfectly now.
    "Alright, elves, we give you all our beer and whiskey... but you gotta give us that shyllien. We're talking the strong stuff. Don't try 'n fool us with sugar crystals! > 3> We need to feel the BUFF."
    What, you thought I was talking about something else? I hear that shyllien can give you a real.. ... stamina boost.

I think you're on to something here...

Byrun the Smuggler has found a contact in the Shyllien Nature Reserve who's willing to be his 'supplier'. All Byrun needs now to start his Shyllien smuggling ring is a middle man willing to transport the goods through the harsh environments of Iria without asking too many questions... and who could do that better than a milletian?

We'd have to bring it down to the Fishing Boat, and sneak it into Uladh through Port Ceann.
    XiokunGreta
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    How did commerce come into this thread? O_o
    badnewsbarrett
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    edited May 9, 2017
    Still waiting on that moongate book.

gjbaX.gif

• MarithMarith
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,005

Could we possibly make it innate, like continent warp? If we're getting it anyway. Cause I do not need another 2x2 item.
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    edited May 9, 2017
    Marith wrote: »

Could we possibly make it innate, like continent warp? If we're getting it anyway. Cause I do not need another 2x2 item.

What else could you have in your ME inventory at your level?

Nexon this is why we need the moongate book released. We have too many players under 1000 not wanting to do advance or develop their characters because of their precious newby book. Release it already. :|
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    edited May 9, 2017
    We already have way too much moongates and manatunnels which they are working 24/7 now. I don't like this idea of everyone having that book. The whole Erinn will be even more empty than it already is... I actually miss people traveling or just hanging around moongates to wait when they get available again.
    NegumikoNekoLilyTiramisugoiSpiritika
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    edited May 9, 2017
    We already have way too much moongates and manatunnels which they are working 24/7 now. I don't like this idea of everyone having that book. The whole Erinn will be even more empty than it already is... I actually miss people traveling or just hanging around moongates to wait when they get available again.

Yeah well, people don't want to wait 36 minutes or get tendinitis from clicking to where they want to go before they have to spam click stuff before battle.
    badnewsbarrettShouK
  • MarithMarith
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,005
    What else could you have in your ME inventory at your level?

Making a lot of assumptions here.
    Greta
This discussion has been closed.