Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

This has been bugging me for a while now but..

AwwPicklesAwwPickles
Mabinogi Rep: 1,515
edited May 10, 2017 in Town Square
You know how for our forum avatars we have the choice between every single "Diety" in the game currently, all except for Neamhain.

Why is she missing from the list of choices?

Was her art copyrighted from the artist/designer?

Was there some sort of coup d'état to have her forcibly removed?!

Could all of this had been the work of a disgruntled employee who detested Neamhain?!

Answers I need answers!!

Edit: If this was previously answered I don't see it, Blasted search function refuses to cater to my inquiries!
  1. Why isn't Neamhain a possible choice for forums avatars.52 votes
    1. Nexon Conspiracy
       21% (11 votes)
    2. Neam a who?
       8% (4 votes)
    3. Copyright Lawyers.
       8% (4 votes)
    4. Pickles go to bed it's 3AM; You're drunk.
       63% (33 votes)

Comments

• GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    I just want Custom Avatars... >_> I'm waiting Nexon...
    Behelit암호
  • XiokunXiokun
    Mabinogi Rep: 11,100
    Your forum name is the cutest name I ever seen.
  • SherriSherri
    Mabinogi Rep: 18,615
    I want Treasure Hunter! Or Mercutio, he's cool too.
    You know.. the blondie in Romeo & Juliet.. yeah..
    I hate you Shakespeare for killing him.. *sobs
    Berryswirl
  • BerryswirlBerryswirl
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,140
    That is odd that Neam isnt an option. But instead of them adding her I would much prefer custom pics.
    Greta
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
    Greta wrote: »

6 months later and still no custom avatars.

I think it was their intention to keep avatars generic. With that in mind they shouldn't of lead us on about custom avatars, and I also think that they are hoping we forget about it. heh.
    GretabadnewsbarrettSherri
  • LidrsterLidrster
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,830
    edited May 10, 2017

Considering that Vanilla Forum (the software used by Nexon) has built-in support for custom avatars and that it has to be manually disabled, I think it's safe to say we'll never get them...

• BuffalosBuffalos
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,795
    Gaea wrote: »
    I think it was their intention to keep avatars generic. With that in mind they shouldn't of lead us on about custom avatars, and I also think that they are hoping we forget about it. heh.

You forgot your tin foil hat again.
    Lidrster wrote: »
    Considering that Vanilla Forum (the software used by Nexon) has built-in support for custom avatars and that it has to be manually disabled, I think it's safe to say we'll never get them...

I thought avatar support came in a different (or later) version of Vanilla. Am I wrong in that assumption? Starting to feel like I am at this point.
    TheNyanCat
  • LidrsterLidrster
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,830
    Buffalos wrote: »
    I thought avatar support came in a different (or later) version of Vanilla. Am I wrong in that assumption? Starting to feel like I am at this point.

On a clean Vanilla installation, the default page to configure avatars is /profile/picture.
    On our forum, it's /profile/avatar which is obviously not the same.

Also, if you try to access the first link while being logged in, you'll get an error message saying that user photos have been disabled.

• FilthyRedDevilFilthyRedDevil
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,160
    I just want a Seal profile picture!
  • ZeoZeo
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,030
    If we don't get the custom avatars... I'd like to at least have the option to use Ruairi (with beard) from Saga 1 as my profile picture, please...!
  • MiunaMiuna
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,705
    They probably forcing all this mabi-themed avatars so they don't have to worry about people using inappropiate pictures... or that's what I think after so many months :S
    I agree we need more variety of mabi characters if they keeping everything as it is tho!
    Sherri
  • OpalthiraOpalthira
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,595
    She disappeared just like she did from the story.
    AlmostNotsuperXiokunTheNyanCat
  • HarukariHarukari
    Mabinogi Rep: 8,470
    I would like Hagi, please and thank you. :)
  • SherriSherri
    Mabinogi Rep: 18,615
    There is a lot of characters, enough that maybe somebody should make a thread in the Suggestions (or where ever forum suggestions go) for much more NPC forum avatars. xD
  • AwwPicklesAwwPickles
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,515
    If Pickles can get Custom Avatar would request Pickle stuck in Pickle jar!

• HazurahHazurah
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,570
    i want Ailla (dancer at Abb Neagh Camp)
    ZeoSherri
  • AlmostNotsuperAlmostNotsuper
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,240
    I think we should be able to have skill icons as avatars too. That'd be fun. More variety, you know?

Unless everyone just uses FH.
    OpalthiraZeoSherri
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    edited May 10, 2017
    Buffalos wrote: »

You forgot your tin foil hat again.

qwD98K9.png

Couldn't find an anime girl with a tin foil hat, so I had to put one together in photoshop. lol! XD
  • lidiyalidiya
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,325
    edited May 10, 2017

Wouldn't be the 1st time they lead us on with promises, and dropped it.
    Remember the maid hair was usable for characters in game they removed it "temporarily" to fix a glitch(which they fixed soon after), and said it would be back soon, repeated that for months then a year or so later gave us a couple pon, and said nope never coming back.

When a nexon employee says something is coming soon I expect never, and if it does actually happen I'm pleasantly surprised.
    TwelieSherri
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    edited May 10, 2017
    lidiya wrote: »

Wouldn't be the 1st time they lead us on with promises, and dropped it.
    Remember the maid hair was usable for characters in game they removed it "temporarily" to fix a glitch(which they fixed soon after), and said it would be back soon, repeated that for months then a year or so later gave us a couple pon, and said nope never coming back.

When a nexon employee says something is coming soon I expect never, and if it does actually happen I'm pleasantly surprised.

Well at least make it official so we can stop wondering. But I want reasons.