Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

why tail

Comments

• lidiyalidiya
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,325
    Venenatis wrote: »
    Zeo wrote: »
    To be honest... if you don't like the tail, just don't wear them then... I feel like some people in this thread are just going to hate on everything at this point... if people are complaining about how Mabinogi is catering to the furries... where's the outrage when we first got the Panda Headband back in like G2 or something... that or when we got the Cat Headband? LOL

I'll just continue to wear my Kuon's tail. :)

If you don't like crime, just don't participate in it.

It's a pretty poor comparison yes, but can we at least have an option to turn them off? And a headband is a little different from a moving tail....

You already have the option
    Menu>Options>Performance Tab then select Minimize nearby characters, and set the maintain frame rate very high. Presto no more tails. It also gets rid of all the other pesky ways people like to express themselves with their characters as you must not like that either.
    ZeoTheDumbOne
  • TwelieTwelie
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,840
    edited May 7, 2017
    Venenatis wrote: »
    If you don't like crime, just don't participate in it.

It's a pretty poor comparison yes, but can we at least have an option to turn them off? And a headband is a little different from a moving tail....

It is a poor comparison. Having a tail doesn't detriment others.
    Also, how is it different? There are ears that have animations, too. Do those cross the line? What about the animal mouth? (Not to attack you, I am genuinely curious.)
    Honestly I don't see it as that big of a deal and I don't understand why people do. There are plenty of things in game I think look bad (the aforementioned animal mouth, tails/animal ears with angel/other wings. I joke around and call them dead animals) but I don't really see the need to turn that off because I don't like the way it looks.

And I mean, in the first place being a furry attributes to liking anthros. Not just ears and a tail. To clarify.

I guess others have basically said what I wanted to say, but I wanted to ask those questions.
    lidiya wrote: »
    It also gets rid of all the other pesky ways people like to express themselves with their characters as you must not like that either.
    Savage as heck.
    Zeo
  • FoolieCooleFoolieCoole
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,175
    Wings are just far more visible and at least are associated with supernatural/holy elements (angels and demons). Tails, have a much more sleazy feel to them these days.

Let us be fair, while I cringe at tail usage in real life, depending on the situation, a virtual world free of the societal constraints of the real world, where men can play as cute little girls and vice versa.

The rules do not quite apply. Fantasy life and all.

This
  • FoolieCooleFoolieCoole
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,175
    YianKutKu wrote: »
    Personally I'd prefer a lizard/dragon or demon tail, but I went with the fox tail just because I like the wagging animation and it just goes better with my outfits. I don't wear ears since I'm an elf and my elf ears clash with everything except droopy kitty ears.. which i dislike greatly lol

I admit, I wear my tail with my wings, do they really clash that much? I think it looks alright...

ZeTJUEu.png
    (finding the right shades of purple is hard tho ; -;)

Looks good to me. I think people usually don't like the looks cause they don't wanna spend the gold.
    GretaWanderIustZeo
  • GTCvActiumGTCvActium
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,125
    In my opinion, only fashion items should come out of the gachapons, and the tails being in them are something I whole-heartily support. As a purely cosmetic item they do nothing to impact other players, for people that are aiming for a specific look or to cosplay, they are excellent. Additionally, if people wish to a large sum of in-game currency for these items, it shouldn't affect you, unless of course you are after the item as well, in which case there should be no complaint of their existence in the first place.
    GretaZeoKokoro
  • WanderIustWanderIust
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,490
    edited March 25, 2020
    YianKutKu wrote: »
    Personally I'd prefer a lizard/dragon or demon tail, but I went with the fox tail just because I like the wagging animation and it just goes better with my outfits. I don't wear ears since I'm an elf and my elf ears clash with everything except droopy kitty ears.. which i dislike greatly lol

I admit, I wear my tail with my wings, do they really clash that much? I think it looks alright...

ZeTJUEu.png
    (finding the right shades of purple is hard tho ; -;)

Looks good to me. I think people usually don't like the looks cause they don't wanna spend the gold.

My thoughts exactly.

Excuse me while I continue to wear my Kitsune Ears-Fox Tail-Incubus Wings combo, of which I think looks hella awesome on my character.
    Sorry not sorry if someone out there thinks that they can't pull off that look on their character, just know that it doesn't apply for me and my character.
    My fries could use your salt.

At least I'm not a certain holier-than-thou obese brat who runs around promoting "fat equals looking sexy", you don't look "thicc" sis, you look like a typical morbidly obese reality show guest for TLC. All the while liking yourself to be another 1 of 100000 other succubus wannabes out there whilst sporting a pink rat tail because that makes sense somehow, and is WAY more original than the people wearing Fox Tails? You come off sounding biased and bitter as heck, touting your preferences as superior whilst trying so hard to shoot down other people's tastes because you detest the notion of people wearing items that display symbols of wealth? You most likely got that rat tail of yours with little struggle as it's 1) inexpensive or 2) undesirable, my guess is that it's both. You know who you are.
  • EllisyaEllisya
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,525
    It seems this thread is going to be locked...

I don't like tails nor they don't really suit on my character
    but that doesn't mean they are really annoying or anything. I don't really care much.
  • AlmostNotsuperAlmostNotsuper
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,240
    Thought I should chime in before this gets locked...

Furries. That is all.
  • XiokunXiokun
    Mabinogi Rep: 11,100
    Ellisya wrote: »
    It seems this thread is going to be locked...

EVERY thread that involves conflicting opinion gets locked. It only takes one person to say something that makes someone else go too far and poof! :P
    GretaZeo
  • SplatulatedSplatulated
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,930
    Pannya wrote: »
    no love for tiger tails D: , there is a lot of tails devkitty can use like deer, scorpion, hen, shark, horse, beaver, crocodile, pig, etc... i will love a deer tail, its small and fluffy.

I love tigers

of course i got a permanent tiger tail ^~^

and its because of this game and white tiger robe that I love tigers .-.
  • FoxgirlkatieFoxgirlkatie
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,055
    edited May 11, 2017
    i love the Fox tail the most because well. Im a fox girl so ya.
  • TwelieTwelie
    Excuse me while I continue to wear my Kitsune Ears-Fox Tail-Incubus Wings combo, of which I think looks hella awesome on my character.
    Sorry not sorry if someone out there thinks that they can't pull off that look on their character, just know that it doesn't apply for me and my character.

Uh... I think the only one who's actually salty about this is you. I don't like the way they look but I'm not... doing whatever this is supposed to be.
  • WanderIustWanderIust
    edited May 11, 2017
    Twelie wrote: »

Uh... I think the only one who's actually salty about this is you. I don't like the way they look but I'm not... doing whatever this is supposed to be.

Oops. I should've quoted the guy who stated to wear any tail in context etc. That was what my comment was directed towards. I'm not the only one who's salty.
  • TwelieTwelie

Oops. I should've quoted the guy who stated to wear any tail in context etc. That was what my comment was directed towards. I'm not the only one who's salty.

Ohh, ok! Thank you for clarifying.
  • NilremNilrem
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,880

Keep in mind I did say I keep silent about it out of being polite, and that some people have in fact pulled the look off very well. I didn't say EVERYONE failed it, after all.

Gotta pay attention to small details like that. "They rarely match in the slightest" implies that they can match, its just really, really hard.
    The person in this thread with the purple fox tail and those wings? That is how you make it work. Correct shades and careful use of color.

My main problem is that I've seen a lot of people just not even try, colors not even close to matching. Effort goes a long way with outfits.

No need to talk of salt if said salt never existed in the first place. Lets keep this thread nice, alright?
  • WanderIustWanderIust
    edited May 11, 2017
    Nilrem wrote: »

Keep in mind I did say I keep silent about it out of being polite, and that some people have in fact pulled the look off very well. I didn't say EVERYONE failed it, after all.

Gotta pay attention to small details like that. "They rarely match in the slightest" implies that they can match, its just really, really hard.
    The person in this thread with the purple fox tail and those wings? That is how you make it work. Correct shades and careful use of color.

My main problem is that I've seen a lot of people just not even try, colors not even close to matching. Effort goes a long way with outfits.

No need to talk of salt if said salt never existed in the first place. Lets keep this thread nice, alright?

I see. Your older post didn't mention about matching colours. What I got from your older post was that you didn't like the wings and tail combo. I agree, effort does go a long way with outfits.

This thread was always nice? I was simply voicing my opinion (with a hint of sass), that's all.
  • AlmostNotsuperAlmostNotsuper
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,240

I see. Your older post didn't mention about matching colours. What I got from your older post was that you didn't like the wings and tail combo. I agree, effort does go a long way with outfits.

This thread was always nice? I was simply voicing my opinion (with a hint of sass), that's all.

i don't like the wings and tail combo.
  • WanderIustWanderIust

That's fine as that's your own opinion, but the wings and tail combo does work for other people.
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805

That's fine as that's your own opinion, but the wings and tail combo does work for other people.

Yup. It's funny when people get triggered by how other player looks. It' just a piece of pixel... geez people... Go do something better than that.

• TwelieTwelie
    edited May 11, 2017
    Greta wrote: »

Yup. It's funny when people get triggered by how other player looks. It' just a piece of pixel... geez people... Go do something better than that.

I mean, it all depends on context. I could bring up a number of pixels people find offensive in other contexts. That's why I don't like this argument, but I totally agree people shouldn't rage about it. It's harmless. (Well, unless you're running really really bright clashing neon flashy colours. That could actually legitimately hurt someone.)
    Not to mention entirely subjective.

I don't like wings with tail, but power to you for making your character beautiful to you. Because in the end that's all that really matters. Now if only tails were more affordable...