Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Why you chose a certain character name??

CraftkidCraftkid
Mabinogi Rep: 800
in Town Square
Craftkid... does not get any more simpler then this

For those who have seen me running through the foxy wilds of Tir, riding my wagon through the logging camp with potions for all, Dunby where we all gather to play song and shop...
The name is simple

Craft - I like crafting so why not, though after finding out Blacksmithing hardest thing to level up in game, lack of space at the time for all those 1000's of mats... I soon found that crafting magic was well more casting then crafting but oh well...

as for Kid - there is a reason I use my weekly rebirths every week, though some people just use them for the extra AP from levelling
this character will forever be ten and spend a few seconds as eleven on Saturdays just before rebirth hits...

one day I will be the kid who crafts all, but for now I will just throw fireballs all around the world while I play with my new magic spell Hailystorm... because that y just makes the hailstorm more awesome don't you think??

My alts tend to have Pack in their names, cause I just pack stuff on them...

Comments

• SherriSherri
    Mabinogi Rep: 18,615
    Mizuli is my character name. Wanted 'mizu' in it (water in Japanese) because I wanted to be a battle alchemist which specializes in water alchemy.
    Almost to master muhahaha
  • lidiyalidiya
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,325
    Named mine (same as my forum name) after my Dranei priest I played in wow (which I chose due how they sounded stereo-typically russian)

If I had to do it over again I'd choose a gender neutral name as I had no idea about how the RB system worked, and that we could swap genders when doing so.
  • AquasolAquasol
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,465
    Member, Volunteer Forum Moderator
    "Aquasol" is the first-tier healing item in Xenogears, which as a series I love immensely, and also because it really quite stood out. Most RPGs go for "Potion", "Tincture", "Salve", etc.-- but instead, Xenogears went with -solution, with Aquasol, Betasol, Zetasol, and so on. That stuck in my head, to the point that I thought it sounded perfect for me in multiple ways.

And really, in a game where you pilot giant mecha to kill God, how can you say no?

• SaiSai
    Mabinogi Rep: 8,785
    Mine is named "Reinforce" after the original Reinforce from Nanoha A's. She is the badass antagonist and I liked her character a lot.
  • NilremNilrem
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,880
    Bit late to this topic but...

My name is literally Merlin backwards, based on the fact my elf of the same name was created from an original merlin ace/outfit card way back when it came out.

My giant's name is Fulrem. This is from taking the "Nil" part of my name, which means zero or "empty", and making it well....full.

My 2 main partners also followed the Elf's backwards name theme. Telrats is Starlet, and Ennilhgial is Laighlinne.
  • KouyioueKouyioue
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,030
    edited May 26, 2017
    I've always been good with coming up with real-sounding names, they're all made on-the-spot.
  • nomigid15nomigid15
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,870
    My IGN (Tocannota) was the name of my very first Neopet (a male red shoyru who sadly is currently frozen with virtually no hope for recovery ;_;).
  • SebastianSebastian
    Mabinogi Rep: 6,870
    I just thought "Zenpai" was cool until I realized it's literally one letter off from Senpai.

Everyone asks me to notice them. I get really bitter.
  • KStesterKStester
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,015
    IGN : Kaminashi : in Japanese have many meaning '' don't have god'' or ''God of peach'' but everyone called me God all time...
    hey man im not god. but they still call
  • JaridavinJaridavin
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,310
    "Hewco," is the name, but it was mostly me just trying to think of a nice sounding name. I don't really know if it means anything.
  • AeolysAeolys
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,115
    Once upon a time, the me was a middle schooler who started playing Maplestory. The me had a French<>English dictionary that also had some latin words. The latin words were cool. The me looked up words like "wind", "darkness" and the such (because the me was a middle schooler and those words were totally rad). The me found the words/names of greek gods of the names Aeolus, Boreas, Zephyrus and the such. The me stuck with my own versons of those names ever since.
  • ZeoZeo
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,030
    edited May 30, 2017
    When I made an elf using Premium Elf card... it was when Alexina server first came out and iunno, I just want to have a short name so I went for Zeo, nothing's special.
  • XiokunXiokun
    Mabinogi Rep: 11,100
    I wanted something handsome and awesome with an X in it, and Xiaokun didn't work for me because Xiao's Chinese and kun is a Japanese suffix. So I took out the a, and liked the look better, so now it's just Xiokun. Za-i-o-kun.

Though I had an alt I loved quite a bit named Xantam, which was the name of my favorite boss battle monster from Baldur's Gate Dark Alliance on PS2! A giant beholder in charge of the thieves guild! >:) (and he had a nice voice).
  • RoytonRoyton
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,160
    edited June 3, 2017
    Royton Is just one of a string or original names I come up with.
    Back int he day I named myself Vikka (With an accidental capped I) because of the interest I had in the name victor. I don't know why I was like 13 at the time.
    The name evolved because I had a friend on Habbo Hotel that nicknamed me Vikky.
    I carried this nickname over to other games like Maplestory and eventually Mabinogi.
    I switched out the Y for an A because I thought it sounded too "girly". I still got confused for a female by some.
    This IGN was discontinued many years ago.

Anyway, on to the name Royton. Roy was chosen because I find it to be a powerful sounding.. sound.
    It's mostly used for my warrior type characters or mains.
    The ending "ton" is derived from the name character Renton from Eureka Seven. Back when I was young I enjoyed that anime.
    So I carried it's name to my characters. But only until months later from rearranging names around.
    Another name I use is Rentix, Ren also comes from Renton. This IGN came before Royton though. This name is for swift type characters.
    The "ix" derives from A6ix, a canceled IGN of mine which derived from Andy Six. Who is a Rock/pop/metal. singer.

Shoot that's a lore and a half right there.
  • FloristFlorist
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,535
    I'm very picky with IGN's.. and since I dislike using numbers (Sorrynotsorry), it's feels super hard to find a good name without 'em!
    I'm not very creative, I usually google a list of unique words & go from there.

After stumbling around looking for a good name to use, I finally found two names for my char's, which happen to also be my two favorite things in this world.. ; - ;

Florist & Photographer! ♥