Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

New Happy Homestead Screenshot Contest on Facebook

SaygoSaygo
Mabinogi Rep: 6,265
in Vault
Hi everyone!

Our next Screenshot contest is being thrown on Facebook! Snap a sweet photo of your homestead and submit it to the Event page. Include your IGN and server. We will choose 20 finalists to receive a Pixie Fantasia Mega-Pack.

Facebook Event Page: https://www.facebook.com/events/1980831425479635/

Like last Screenshot contest, if we have a ton of participation, we will increase the amount of winners.

Here are some examples:

.eJwNyVEOgyAMANC7cAAKFBl4G4IEzbQlUOPHsrtv7_d91D1OtapdpM8VYDtm4bHpKTxyq7oxt7Pmfkxd-IIskst-VZIJaLxxC1of0stFu2AAtA59iilEa_z_g4eb3sQP6U5NfX8FpiLU.g3YJRrsbvnBP9uyeXHIfVWu3e10?width=630&height=468

.eJwFwW0SwxAQANC7OADW-sxljIoRnQjD9lend-97X_ZZNzvYRTT3IcTZdh7r5JvGSrXwOka9S5pt8zy6SEQpX708tAVKLZVB0DY45cGgFQgKtQdnUAVrrEcUPb3aM2qLSoKL0kSAKFXg71nZ7w9Jliay.WtuIAm5H5sO-bSCDduhC_PZLeLY?width=832&height=468
badnewsbarrettGretaWolfandWolfVitolanCrimsọnSpiritika

Comments

• GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    I really like that this time event is happening at Facebook. I hope there will be less people around who might use their alts accounts to have more entries.
  • badnewsbarrettbadnewsbarrett
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,890
    So we post our screenshot in the event page itself on Facebook right? Just checking.
  • SaygoSaygo
    Hi! Yes, you will have to:

YsOE7Ba.png

1) click Add Photo/Video
    2) Upload your screenshot
    3) Type your IGN and Server
    badnewsbarrett
    @Saygo thank you!
  • Sphyra21Sphyra21
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,555
    So our character doesn't have to be in the screenshot?
  • KororeKorore
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,765
    I am very triggered by the fact that this is in general and not in Contests and Events :(
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
    edited May 12, 2017
    Won't be able to submit anything until later tonight. Playing mech warrior with hubby. Hue.
    Gaea wrote: »
    What's the deadline?

The page says May 25.
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
    How many screenshots can we post?
  • SaygoSaygo
    You can post multiple but we will only use the first one. Posting multiple is just so others can see how awesome your homestead is
  • noobodyzxznoobodyzxz
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,990
    can i put multiple screenshots into one image file or photo (so that i could show the other angles or parts of my homestead)
    or am i only allowed to post one sceenshot
    if its about the image size maybe i can crop some portions and resize my image

I really can decide which part of my homestead to use for my entry
  • EllisyaEllisya
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,525
    edited May 14, 2017
    Why facebook but forum itself though /cry
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    edited May 14, 2017
    Ellisya wrote: »

I bet they had reasons. Also i hope everyone has a Facebook account in 2017 by now lol.
  • noobodyzxznoobodyzxz
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,990
    waaahhh im so stupid i end up posting twice is my entry considered double entry even if one of them didnt have my ign and server

actually I tried posting 3 times
    first i was disconnected form my internet,after the uploads finished i wrote my ign and server and since i dont know how to put descriptions on
    photos itself i wrote it below my ign and server but when i was about to click post i got disconnected from internet and got redirected to
    disconnected page
    next i uploaded the pics wrote the descriptions and clicked post it success or so i thought before i realized i forgot to write my IGN and server
    lastly i uploaded the photos wrote my ign and server with an apology for double posting didnt bother putting descriptions cause i noticed
    others dont have descriptions so i just clicked post and went to this forums to ask if my entry is double entry
  • KitsuyashaKitsuyasha
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,280
    So silly question. Is cropping the screenshot allowed?
  • BlissfulkillBlissfulkill
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,425
    edited May 15, 2017
    Greta wrote: »

I bet they had reasons. Also i hope everyone has a Facebook account in 2017 by now lol.

Bleh, social media. In any case, Facebook at least actively deletes fake accounts...sort of. I imagine more so if one is impersonating a famous celebrity or one claim one's name is -removed-.
    Greta
  • lidiyalidiya
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,325
    edited May 15, 2017
    Greta wrote: »

Umm no not every one has a account on facebook.

In all truth as they have a forum using facebook for submissions is idiotic, -removed-

Also before you cry BUT ALTS! they can EASILY -removed- check if it is an alt as most forums for administrators viewing post the IP's of the post submissions.
    edited May 15, 2017
    lidiya wrote: »
    Umm no not every one has a account on facebook.

In all truth as they have a forum using facebook for submissions is idiotic, -removed-

Also before you cry BUT ALTS! they can EASILY -removed- check if it is an alt as most forums for administrators viewing post the IP's of the post submissions.

I don't think it's idiotic, in truth I think it's actually kind of smart. They're drawing attention to the game through Facebook, where more people who don't play will see it. They've done another screenshot contest on Facebook before, though it was for fashion. Same as how they've done them on Tumblr before.

And while it's true not everyone uses Facebook, it's easy to just make an account and then not have to use it after. You can even deactivate your Facebook account until/if you want to use it again, so it's not like you'd have to keep it after the contest.
    Greta
  • TabariTabari
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,590
    My only issue with using this method is some of us wish to remain anonymous and not allow others to know our real identity and what we look like.
    edited May 16, 2017
    Tabari wrote: »
    My only issue with using this method is some of us wish to remain anonymous and not allow others to know our real identity and what we look like.

If you're making a throw away account for the contest, just use a name that sounds real, or use a nickname for your first name and your middle name as your last name, etc. And you don't have to upload a photo, you can leave it blank. Or use a photo of your pet or a flower in your yard or something. You'll only get in trouble if someone goes out of their way to report your account for being "fake." ( Which sadly people have been known to do :/ )
    Greta